What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the LED scheduler that is part of amtm? I don't know of one built into the GUI, but I do use the one in amtm: it is opened by entering "lc" within amtm to manage the LED control sub-menu, then Option 1 to edit the LED scheduled on/off times. Working fine here....
Aha! that must be it, and I'm blind. I'll go check now...That is indeed the LED scheduler...if they don't come on normally in the morning, I'll reach out to @thelonelycoder
Thank you

384_19 to 386.1-5 "dirty" upgrade on RT-AC88U. ~20 mins to clear CPU and login. AiMesh node left on stock 386_40558-gc48f410 firmware. All clients appear connected but the node only shows 2 clients connected (usually has 15) and clicking the icon to see details does nothing. Have rebooted the node to confirm the main router shows it offline and then back but still unable to see the details by clicking.

Hoping someone has gotten past this before I start hard resetting.
Look around, maybe you'll see something new, like a whole new tab below Network Map that plainly says AiMesh. Definitely an Id 10 t issue. I did bring the 68u node over to Merlin so there is a bright side to my dim bulb.

Running great! Temps 34 - 42 - 55 with 53 clients and 1 old laptop fan pad.

Attachments

• IMG_5218.JPG
    IMG_5218.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 231
Even though both my units are finally running smoothly on 386.1, it almost seems as if 386.1 is geared more towards the AX line of routers. I think I will be fine since I am running in AP mode and thus not really taxing the resources of my units. I have no AX capable devices so no need for an AX router now or in the foreseeable future. I do have an eero 6 I purchased on sale during the holiday sales but it is sitting in it’s box on a shelf in my office. Not being to access it via web browser or at all if my internet is down is a real dumb idea.

UPDATE: I reverted back to 384.19. Wifi roam assist in 386.1 on my setup is just not as good as 384.19. I know I have posted before that I was staying on 384.19 but the geek in me just had to keep trying 386.1 but it just does not work for my setup. So 384.19 it is!

So, in Beta 5 I encountered this:
"My RT3200 will no longer maintain its assigned fixed address of http://192.168.1.169/. My 5300 won’t maintain its address of http://192.168.1.1/, and somehow assigns the 3200 that address? So, sign in at the .1 address (should be the 5300) logs into the GUI for the 3200?? If it works right and signs into the 5300, after a few minutes the 5300 is logged out and the sign in screen shows for the 3200. The DHCP pool addresses start at .2 and up."
I thought it had been fully addressed in the final 386.1, and indeed it seemed to have been so. That is until tonight. I attempted to log into the cable modem to check logs/connection data. Sign in went ok, but the web gui was off as to format and character emphasis of options (as it had been in Beta 5). When I attempted to select the needed pages in spite of the weird appearance, the internet connection was immediately lost by the AC5300 router, the GUI froze due to lack of router internet, and the 3200 and 5300 lost DHCP assignments. The 3200 captured the 5300 router default address??
The cable modem logs showed NO loss of connection through the whole evolution, AFTER reverting to 384.19 and accessing the cable modem GUI successfully and checking those logs. ONLY the router had lost OR turned off the wired connection to the cable modem??
As it stands, so long as I avoid the cable modem url (192.168.100.1), the router is pretty well flawless with 386.1 (note DHCP range from 192.168.1.2 - 254, with 1.1 reserved for the 5300 router)!!
I don't have a clue. Cable modem logs, 3200 logs, and (best I can tell) 5300 logs are not capturing what happened at all...

Im tempted to start a separate thread regarding AC86U temps as everyone keeps beating this dead horse. Im curious how many people noticing 'higher temps' actually checked their temps pre 384.19?

If you're around 80C you're FINE. If you're approaching 90 you either have stale air flow or degraded/bad thermal pads, anyone who thinks 80 vs 70 is going to degrade your router CPU faster than it becomes technologically obsolete is dreaming

Otherwise run this script and let us know your uptime highs/low after 24 hrs. someone was mentioning differences in build dates/CFE version which MAY require further investigation by ASUS not RMerlin.

Its not out of the realm of possibility as its a shared heatsink that the WIFI chips are actually dumping more heat causing the increase on the CPU, not just the CPU WAIT
Yes . I was monitor temps on 384.19 for a week straight using watch command and ssh-ing 24/7 . It's a new 2020 unit. It's usually 70-80C max! . And it even got down to 68 etc when it's really cool .. now, it is hotter. It's about 10C hotter. Now on normal hot day without AC, it's about 88 to 90. And when I tried doing a cpu intensive test it does go to 92 etc . Haven't really tested it long enough for it to go to 100C . But tbh. It'd reach there if I let it happen...

RT-AC5300, both before and after a factory reset Time Scheduling no longer works. NAT acceleration is disabled. Was working fine on the previous stable firmware.

RT-AC5300, both before and after a factory reset Time Scheduling no longer works. NAT acceleration is disabled. Was working fine on the previous stable firmware.
I have the same issue on my RT-AX86U. The time scheduling just blocks access to web pages (after removing access and given back to devices). The others internet services (netflix, spotify, etc.) are still active.

@RMerlin Regarding status page - it now shows along with Wireless status? Wasn't it connected to Internet status before?
And also - why Yandex.DNS at bottom? I never, ever configured anything regarding Yandex on the router.
I know it has Yandex Family and Yandex Safe for DNS filters, but i swear i never touched them.

Attachments

• Status1.png
    Status1.png
    403.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Status2.png
    Status2.png
    174.4 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
I have the same issue on my RT-AX86U. The time scheduling just blocks access to web pages (after removing access and given back to devices). The others internet services (netflix, spotify, etc.) are still active.
So far it appears to be doing nothing. I use it for my kid's PC and it just appears like the schedule isn't applying. Hitting "block", blocks the device immediately so it's specific to the schedule.

i dont have the options anymore to update trend microcode when disabled AI Protection before i had the option even with disabled AI Protection

I guess I solved the puzzle for wl country dismatched ...:eek:

If you guys having the exact problem like myself,you may try this out.
Based on my case,SSH to the node,and type :
nvram set location_code=AU
nvram commit
reboot

I received fantastic result after it.
wl country.jpg

And I checked that my node's channel 12 and 13 back to the right track,lol(still I can't figure out the differ. between AU/903 and AU/984),well it works at least.
Wish I can help you guys out with this,cheerz.

PS : RMerlin Almighty should praise me a little ,LOL ,just a joke. I'm gonna keep my eyes on those channels and see okay or not.

Bash:
wl country
DE (EU/13) GERMANY
# nvram show | grep location
location_code=
Location code is empty for me... emmm ?

Just dirty-upgraded RT-AC5300 from 384.19 to 386.1. All good, apart from having to wait up to 90 minutes or so after each reboot (!) for the UI. Examining the problem, I discovered that nt_center process was at 100% for a very long time. Finally it finishes, but after reboot it takes another 90 minutes. The fix was simple. I found a 260Mb /jffs/.sys/nc/nt_center.db which was being actively written to. After researching on this forum (i.e., here), I simply deleted the contents of /jffs/.sys/nc - and viola, no more waiting for UI after reboot. I hope someone finds it useful.

I have however noticed a different weird behaviour. @RMerlin not sure how interesting it is to you, but I've tagged you in case it is.

I have 1Gbps/50Mbps connection. When I use my laptop with an Ethernet cable connected to the RT-AC5300 router directly, I get close to 1Gbps speed. When I use the new 386.1 Ookla Speedtest or even spdMerlin Ookla Speedtest running on the router itself, I get approximately half the speed, and very consistent between the tests running on the router itself. Every test uses the same fixed Speedtest server. Yet, the Internet speed measured from the laptop connected to RT-AC5300 over LAN is close to 1Gbps, while Internet speed measured from RT-AC5300 itself is more like 480-500Mbps. Did anyone else experience that?

My only suspicion right now is that running Ookla Speedtest on the router itself uses its CPU too much, meaning that the remaining CPU cycles on the two cores are not sufficient to process traffic at the full 1Gbps. I've further noticed that installing and enabling Skynet further reduces the speed by 50% - but that's a separate matter that I can at least understand.

Hi, this is working really good in my AX88u however one annoying stuff is that I cannot reboot the router using the webui button, it simply doesn't work or add any log entry... Anyone have seen this before?

Edit: by the way from console command the reboot works normally.

Need more time then expected here.
RT-AC66U_B1 (68U firmware), firmware actually installed is 384.19.
FW update goes fine (USB with Entware-ng removed before update), but I have lot of problems, WebUI appear fine after reboot, but after a minute became unresponsive and after another minute cannot be opened anymore. Then I reset to the default values (reset button) and seems working fine.
Next step, I reloaded setting from previous version, and seems working stable, but when I uploaded my Jffs backup, even if the router appear working fine on LAN/WiFi, WebUi is running slooooower and again after a minute will stop working.
I suppose I have to reconfigure manually from scratch, but what about jffs?
Actually I'm gone back to 384.19, restored setting and jffs backup, and all is working really fine as before the update, so jffs backup should be ok.

Hi, this is working really good in my AX88u however one annoying stuff is that I cannot reboot the router using the webui button, it simply doesn't work or add any log entry... Anyone have seen this before?
Did you clear your browser cache? New GUI of the router in 386.1 may be confused with cached old version...?

FW update goes fine (USB with Entware-ng removed before update), but I have lot of problems, WebUI appear fine after reboot, but after a minute became unresponsive and after another minute cannot be opened anymore. Then I reset to the default values (reset button) and seems working fine.
Did you read the 2nd posting for the open issues/hints?
Especially this line would be helpful for you
  • Webui very slow or unreachable after upgrading (this is normal as the router is doing database maintenance, just give it time, can take 5-60 mins depending on the router model)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!