What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
on Edge , press the 3 dots on the top right side, select "Web capture" then "Full Page" then save.

I tested that. Not the same as when using Firefox. :)

tl:dr

Possible bug with Port Forwarding.. AC86U model. I click the 'Enable Port Forwarding' switch, the router enables it. I add game profiles, e.g. CS:GO, Fortnite, I click 'Apply' the router begins to apply, reaches 100%, Port Forwarding switches to disabled.

tl:dr

Possible bug with Port Forwarding.. AC86U model. I click the 'Enable Port Forwarding' switch, the router enables it. I add game profiles, e.g. CS:GO, Fortnite, I click 'Apply' the router begins to apply, reaches 100%, Port Forwarding switches to disabled.

I have an FTP using explicit TLS on which requires multiple port forwards and its all working.

Last edited:
I have an FTP using explicit TLS on which requires multiple port forwards and its all working.

The bug is when you click apply after adding game rules, for me, Port Forwarding then disables.

The bug is when you click apply after adding game rules, for me, Port Forwarding then disables.

I just added CS and Xbox live and my side and no issue.

Port forwards.png

I tested that. Not the same as when using Firefox.

That it may be,but it does take screenshots the same as Firefox does it not? ;)

@faria, no it does not. :)

I would prefer if it did (I'd rather only use Edge Chromium myself).

The difference is that while Firefox 85.0.1 (64-bit) allows you to see passwords used in fields that initially show '*********' by just clicking inside those fields, Edge (Version 88.0.705.63 (Official Build) (64-bit)), doesn't.

On my AX88U, LAN speeds drops from ~950Mbps to ~500Mbps with Adaptive QoS enabled, so there definitely is an issue there,
I would like to add my ac86u is also showing some issues with adaptive QoS enabled which seemed to work well on the previous firmware 384.19 and similar settings. Without QOS enabled speedtest is showing 470-480mbps down and 23+ up results. Now when I try to enable adaptive QoS and manually set the bandwidth the results are much lower (260-330 or my bufferbloat is poor if i get decent speed). I know I will lose some speed with QoS but not used to this type of loss. I even tried 400 for download limit and it knocks my speed to 283 results.

I have done factory resets, jiffs clear, reboots and still same results. Should add my post is for WAN not lan btw.

Update - I decided to install flexQoS and switched back to fq_codel in it's menu (only change I made so far), seems to have me back to 400-430 download much more consistent speed tests. I had no idea how fq_codel was so important in the previous versions. Any tips on flexQoS and settings feel free to send me a PM. I am still interested in hearing if the above before I installed flexqos is normal or something else is going on.

Last edited:
See a lot of this in the log :

Feb 9 09:56:40 kernel: CONSOLE: 396239.527 wl1: wlc_ampdu_dotxstatus_aqm_complete: tx phy error (0x9200)

Wifi client (wifi 6 , 160mhz , intel ax200) dropped afterwards and had to -i think- wait for 5ghz wifi on the router to be restarted before connection was possible again .

Hi, I did a dirty upgrade but deleted the openvpn settings first. Than I flashed the new firmware twice and I formatted JFFS. After the reboot I waited 15 minutes and uploaded the vpn settings. With this I noticed no speed difference with the previous firmware version. I hope it works for you too.

Thank you for this tip. 2 questions:
1. did you encounter reduced VPN speeds if dirty upgrade was done without first removing OpenVPN client settings?
2. how do you delete OpenVPN client settings? I cannot check now but I don't recall any delete button in GUI.

Apologies if this has been covered.
Is parental controls time limits broken on this build?
I have factory reset and added settings manually (nvram get on client list).
Any limits I set are ignored, AI is definitely enabled, is there some other setting I need to check?

Apologies if this has been covered.
Is parental controls time limits broken on this build?
I have factory reset and added settings manually (nvram get on client list).
Any limits I set are ignored, AI is definitely enabled, is there some other setting I need to check?
Did you read through the 44 pages of this thread. Been mentioned a few times...best I can remember is it had something to do with aiProtection

Last edited:
2). There is no ‘delete’ button as such, but if you click on the ‘default’ button that dies the same thing by resetting the settings to default (surprising).

2). There is no ‘delete’ button as such, but if you click on the ‘default’ button that dies the same thing by resetting the settings to default (surprising).

Thanks. I probably overlooked that button, I will check once I get home.

DFS channels will be forcibly vacated if any radar activity is detected. Working as intended.
Thanks Rmerlin ! But I have a question :

I have a node ( RTAX92U) on the first floor which remains on channel 100. Why is he keeping that channel there? Shouldn't it follow the channel of the main router? I have already restarted the node.

Is a complete router reset required?

Capture d’écran 2021-02-09 à 14.14.42.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online