What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My country code is Q2 (Not sure what that is) but territory is US/02 so that suggests to me that it is US. So, I am not sure why that Auto select Channel including DFS channels does not show up in my setup when Auto is selected

Hmmm, I found one reference that suggests Q2 is New Zealand???

If you ssh into your router and enter the command "wl country", the output will expand on what Q2 is. I have my router forced to Canada right now, so I get "CA (CA/987) CANADA". Although Canada allows DFS channels, the router does not (has not caught up with the times), so I don't get the option that @shay3203 shows. Yet, when I force the router to US, it shows up.

The country codes are listed as per ISO3166

Last edited:
Hmmm, I found one reference that suggests Q2 is New Zealand???

If you ssh into your router and enter the command "wl country", the output will expand on what Q2 is. I have my router forced to Canada right now, so I get "CA (CA/987) CANADA". Although Canada allows DFS channels, the router does not (has not caught up with the times), so I don't get the option that @shay3203 shows. Yet, when I force the router to US, it shows up.

The country codes are listed as per ISO3166
jadmin@RT-AC86U-07F8:/tmp/home/root# wl country
US (Q2/992) UNITED STATES

So Q2 is USA. But, I still don't understand why I do not have the Auto select Channel including DFS channels

There must be another switch or option somewhere.

So Q2 is USA. But, I still don't understand why I do not have the Auto select Channel including DFS channels

If the option does not appear, then your specific router model does not support DFS channel in your region. There is nothing you can do about that.

Sorry for bringing this back again ...
The temperature issue seems to be specific to AC86U ... mine didn't dropped under 93°C. In the end I bought one of those fans from internet and now stays at 63°C - bit noisy though.
On my other router AC68U I don't have this issue- 73°C constant.
All of them are running 386.1 latest firmware.

Hi,

someone can confirm the issue about the Guest WiFi 1 on the RT-AX88U still there or was solved by the 386.1_2 ?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply
Regards

There are obviously multiple codes; my AC5300s bought in the US both say US (Q1/984) UNITED STATES

Sorry for bringing this back again ...
The temperature issue seems to be specific to AC86U ... mine didn't dropped under 93°C. In the end I bought one of those fans from internet and now stays at 63°C - bit noisy though.
On my other router AC68U I don't have this issue- 73°C constant.
All of them are running 386.1 latest firmware.
+1, factory, nuclear or whatever reset does not help

Last edited:
Upgraded my both AX86u from Merlin 386.1 -> 386.1_2
No issues during upgrade of the main router and the node
Full power down after FW upgrade, but no reset.

Issue #1: Network map does not show correct speeds for wifi clients that are connecting wifi6 speeds; I have 2 Lenovo laptops with Intel AX200 wifi modules connected (as per Windows 10 wifi properties) at 2402/2402 (Mbps), while Network Map shows that device as connecting at only 300/240.
- checked wifi settings - 160MHz is still enabled, no change/reset to wifi settings
- copied a large file over local network - confirmed that I am maxing out gigabit network (steady ~112-113MB/s transfer rate, Task Manager shows 910-938Mbps transfer rate) - this confirm that the actual wifi connection is way better than 300 Mbps

Issue #2: Parental control was severly impacting kids Zoom class - the video shown by the teacher was stattering like crazy; the moment I turned off parental controls things went back to normal) (tried both 2.4 and 5GHz bands, same bad experience, rebooted kids laptop (16GB RAM, older i7 CPU) - no improvement; only disabling Parental control helped :(

My 1900P and AC68U on 386.1 are rock solid.
I had two problems with going to 386.1b4, both of which can be chalked up to PEBKAC. I recommend the following approach:
1) Read The Fine Manual, and do what it says
2) When that doesn't work, do a "nuclear" reset, and start at (1) again
3) When that doesn't work, wait until the next maintenance window (Saturday morning), and start at (1) again
4) When that doesn't work, realize Merlin's wisdom and stop using unsupported routers

Best wifi I've had in years. Thanks to Merlin, developers, and guinea pigs!
Maybe it is PEBKAC in my case, but I don't think so. I have been running Merlin's firmware for several years and never had any issues with updates until this release for what ever reason. I already did steps 1-3 and will likely hold off trying again until the next update release. I will enable more verbose logging next time to see if anything stands out. The device in question is an RT-AC1900P so it is officially supported.

Another unrelated issue I noticed with my device on the 386 code base is that it won't accept the elliptical curve TLS cert for the web gui that I was using successfully on previous versions. RSA 2k/4k certs work on 386 so didn't know if this was a regression introduced in the new code or not.

I appreciate all the hard work from Merlin and the devs.

You can find some discussion (channels/country codes) here:

Some info about channels:

With my router, command "wl router" gives me DE (EU/13) GERMANY (although I have nothing to do with Germany. But at least EU makes sense). And "Auto select channel including DFS channels" option is available.

Help? re 86U
I did upgrade from 386.1 to 386.1_2 feb 14th, today router lost internet connectivity, rebooted again by power cycling , saw this in syslog Can any one tell me what is it? Thx

Feb 16 21:49:02 kernel: SHN Release Version: 2.0.1 851496c
Feb 16 21:49:02 kernel: UDB Core Version: 0.2.18
Feb 16 21:49:02 kernel: sizeof forward pkt param = 280

Last edited:
Same here on ac5300. Now an hour in, scared to reboot it.
I missed the webgui slow response and database maintenance part. I did use manual switch button to turn on/off AC3100 a two times (maybe three)
I also powered off one AiMesh node.
I wonder if the maintenance will still finish...

Does anyone know?

You'll have to try it and confirm it for yourself. Report back and let us know what you find.

Try a factory reset.
I did a clean install before upgrading to 386.1_2 and I also replaced my USB with a new one - just in case . Temperature still high.
I'll give it another try over the weekend with a nuclear resert and I'll post the outcome.
Cheers.

Factory reset worked for me to solve the AC86U temp issue. Exported settings -> Factory Reset -> Update to 386.1_2 -> Format JFFS and reboot -> Imported old settings. Now I'm back again to 78-79 degrees from 93-94.

With my router, command "wl router" gives me DE (EU/13) GERMANY (although I have nothing to do with Germany. But at least EU makes sense). And "Auto select channel including DFS channels" option is available.
Shocking, I am getting GERMANY on both of my routers. Wonder if this is Brexit compliant and should I send them back?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!