What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
perhaps try and install entware first using ep ( in amtm) ? make sure /tmp/mnt/8tb is formatted to ext4 with journalling enabled using option fd. Also make sure you have a swap file - ie 2gb - use sw

Why did the problem appear only with version 386.1_2? By the way, there is no solution.

Yay! I got my AX88U back from repair. Got it all set up with 386.1_2, works perfect with AIMesh now, among other things. Thanks to @RMerlin for planting the seed in my head to get the router looked at. It was replaced not fixed. Does anyone know the CLI command to retrieve the hardware version on this router?

Have problems with WiFi 5Ghz on my RT-AX86 with Merlin 386.1 and 386.1.2. It’s working for a couple of days and then disconnect. When I try to connect to 5Ghz it’s always saying it is wrong password. If I change firmware between 386.1 and 386.1.2 it is working again and not complaining about wrong password. Think it’s no problem with 2.4 ghz. Haven’t done any hard reset. Just dirty flashing.

Have problems with WiFi 5Ghz on my RT-AX86 with Merlin 386.1 and 386.1.2. It’s working for a couple of days and then disconnect. When I try to connect to 5Ghz it’s always saying it is wrong password. If I change firmware between 386.1 and 386.1.2 it is working again and not complaining about wrong password. Think it’s no problem with 2.4 ghz. Haven’t done any hard reset. Just dirty flashing.
You answered your own question, last sentence.

Yay! I got my AX88U back from repair. Got it all set up with 386.1_2, works perfect with AIMesh now, among other things. Thanks to @RMerlin for planting the seed in my head to get the router looked at. It was replaced not fixed. Does anyone know the CLI command to retrieve the hardware version on this router?

Have a look at the code example in the following post.

EDIT: The code shows how to get model and serial number, but not the version. Sorry

I've made notes myself as they will come in useful :)

Yesterday I updated my main router and AiMesh node (both RT-AC1900P) to 386.1_2
It took an hour for the GUI on the main router to be accessible, but after that all *seems* fine. Reading these last few posts, was I supposed to do something else? Is a hard reset a wiping of router settings, just a router reboot, or physically powering the unit completely off? As has been asked above, are any of those necessary?

@ottofreud yes, when the network is working as expected.

My expectations for my customers are also exceedingly high. No need to waste fuel, both of our time, and possible network outages just to save a few minutes. :)

Since the new firmware all files and the directory with the name update are deleted after 24 hours.
Is this a bug or intend to work this way?

First I though I had a bug in my script: https://github.com/wbartels/IPSet_ASUS_Lite/issues/2
But even a directory outside skynet was deleted after 24 hours, for example /tmp/test/update/
At a guess, Asus' security daemon. If you save to /jffs/addons do you see the same deletion?

Hi Everyone: I have installed the 386.1 as well as 386.1.2 on my AX88U router, I have even performed a factory reset after installing the firmware. The problem is i keep on getting the following error message. I was just wondering if this is normal or should I be worried. Everything about the router works fine, it's just that this error message is new to me.

1614178059273.png

1614178176629.png

Hi Everyone: I have installed the 386.1 as well as 386.1.2 on my AX88U router, I have even performed a factory reset after installing the firmware. The problem is i keep on getting the following error message. I was just wondering if this is normal or should I be worried. Everything about the router works fine, it's just that this error message is new to me.

View attachment 31178
View attachment 31179

View attachment 31178
View attachment 31179
It is because of guest mode wireless. Ignore or don't use it. Asus issue I guess.

View attachment 31178
View attachment 31179

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!