What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.12 is now available for AC models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
American consumer law disagrees with you, this forum has been in the wrong the entire time

Some say - don't cut the branch you are sitting on. Asus unhappy - no more Asuswrt-Merlin. No Asuswrt-Merlin - no more SNB Forums.

That does not give you the right to install a retail version of Windows 11 on it without paying the appropriate fee.

No one cares about the licensing. We can discuss installing of Windows 11 on unsupported officially hardware, no problem. We discuss VPNs mostly used for downloading unlicensed or restricted content, no problem. Must be about something else when TM-AC1900 was provided almost for free to T-Mobile subscribers and RT-AC68U was sold for $200-300. I did support the restriction for the reasons above, but I don't support the official explanation.

Same issue here but haven't tried umounting. Uploading firmware through wan connection, maybe because of this? Model is ac68u
Rebooted from the GUI...
Tried to upload a couple times, as I described, but until I rebooted (and unmounted my entware drive with unbound, diversion etc) and then upload/flash, I only got that "standby" message rather than the expected progress bar.
It's weird, because before I unmounted the entware drive, the router theoretically (as I understand things) would've had the 2GB swap partition available. the firmware image is only 79MB
(It's quite possible I need a refresher on swaps...)

Anyway, you should be good...no physical access req'd

Last edited:
Was 386.12 for the AC68U taken down? A few people said they installed it but I don't see it here.
Looks like something went wrong with Sourceforge, 386.12 files seem to all be missing. I'll have to reupload them later.

EDIT: something going on with them indeed, half of the files are failing to re-upload:

Code:
Could not chdir to home directory /home/users/r/rm/rmerlin: No such file or directory

And I see they posted a notice on Mastodon that they were investigating issues, from 8 hours ago.

AC88U - on 386.12 I am getting a blank AI Mesh Topology screen. Works when router is first rebooted then checking it later on it shows absolutely nothing.

Looks like something went wrong with Sourceforge, 386.12 files seem to all be missing. I'll have to reupload them later.

EDIT: something going on with them indeed, half of the files are failing to re-upload:

Code:
Could not chdir to home directory /home/users/r/rm/rmerlin: No such file or directory

And I see they posted a notice on Mastodon that they were investigating issues, from 8 hours ago.

Tried to D/L 386.12 from Sourceforge this morning (Sept7th .. ~8AM EST) .. nothing happened.

I did manage to download 386.12 from the OneDrive mirror .. it updated my Merlin .. I trust this OneDrive mirror image is fine?

Tried to D/L 386.12 from Sourceforge this morning (Sept7th .. ~8AM EST) .. nothing happened.

I did manage to download 386.12 from the OneDrive mirror .. it updated my Merlin .. I trust this OneDrive mirror image is fine?
It is an official mirror maintained by @RMerlin .

network map is not updating after i updated to 386.12. do i need to do a factory reset?

network map is not updating after i updated to 386.12. do i need to do a factory reset?
Login via ssh and run killall asusdiscovery and see if it starts working. If not, try the reset.

Asuswrt-Merlin 386.12 is now available for all supported AC models

Changes since 386.11:

Code:
386.12 (4-Sept-2023)
  - UPDATED: Merged with GPL 386_51997.
  - UPDATED: curl to 8.1.2.
  - UPDATED: OpenVPN to 2.6.6.
  - UPDATED: openssl to 1.1.1u.
  - UPDATED: tor to 0.4.7.13.
  - CHANGED: FTP server will now only support strong ciphers
             in TLS mode.
  - FIXED: QOS Classification showing no Upload data on some
           WAN configurations.
  - FIXED: Radio temperature graphs weren't updating
  - FIXED: nvram usage reported on Sysinfo page was inaccurate
           as it included JFFS stored values.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
just update AC88U ( both Main and node ) i was wondering and hope the fix for 5Ghz wifi. before i connect node as ai mesh. i am able to select wifi channel of 5Ghz as low as 44 ( Regen ,asia) after connect both AC88U as ai mesh, it's no longer allowed me to choose low channel for 5Ghz, only 149 up.. one of my phone unable to connect or to find on that frequency..

just update AC88U ( both Main and node ) i was wondering and hope the fix for 5Ghz wifi. before i connect node as ai mesh. i am able to select wifi channel of 5Ghz as low as 44 ( Regen ,asia) after connect both AC88U as ai mesh, it's no longer allowed me to choose low channel for 5Ghz, only 149 up.. one of my phone unable to connect or to find on that frequency..

Not likely WiFi is closed source and that router is End Of Life and no longer supported by Asus.

I'm about to update my RT-AC86U from 386.11
Do I need to remove the USB flashdrive before starting the update?
I use the USB for skynet and entware.

i did a factory reset and reconfigured all my settings, and the network map is still not working correctly. it doesn't show some connected devices and doesn't detect new ones. any other solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!