What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I just bought an rt-ax88u and I'am unable to connect my phone to the wifi, what am I doing wrong or is this a known problem?

Hi I just bought an rt-ax88u and I'am unable to connect my phone to the wifi, what am I doing wrong or is this a known problem?
My crystal ball says your generic phone will never work with any router and you need to send me the new AX88U to appease the wifi gods.

you need to start a separate thread for your question and you need to describe what you did.
iphones connect fine to ax88

you need to start a separate thread for your question and you need to describe what you did.
iphones connect fine to ax88

And in this thread please provide way more details your original post is vague.

1. What phone
2. can your other devices connect
3. is this on 2.4 or 5Ghz
4. what channel are you on
5. what does the phone show when you are trying to connect?

And in this thread please provide way more details your original post is vague.

1. What phone
2. can your other devices connect
3. is this on 2.4 or 5Ghz
4. what channel are you on
5. what does the phone show when you are trying to connect?
Galaxy j5 2016 other phone won't connect either, channel 2 and phone doesn't even try to connect even after entering password.

Galaxy j5 2016 other phone won't connect either, channel 2 and phone doesn't even try to connect even after entering password.

Ok that is a start but as ugandy suggested you need to create a new thread for this.

Very smooth direct upgrade of 3 x AC66U_B1. Thank you, RMerlin!

Just make sure you are not using odd characters in your SSID and I have used many mobiles without issue on Wi-Fi both 5 & 6. As mentioned you should start a separate thread and supply more details for assistance as not a common issue for most.

My crystal ball says your generic phone will never work with any router and you need to send me the new AX88U to appease the wifi gods.
Silly me - I've been throwing virgins in volcanoes to appease them all these years...

Been reading here at snbforums for a long time. Just upgraded my main router from ac88u to ax88u. My setup before the upgrade is ac88u > ac88u(Aimesh wireless backhaul) Now ax88u > ac88u both running 386.2_2. What I'm experiencing right now (and even in my last setup) is the node randomly disconnects so it needed a power cycle. When I was using 384.19 it's almost stable with a few hiccups. , I have a synology nas connected to my main router and when I'm connected to my node and downloading from the nas, all other wireless connections in the node experience high pings when they are playing online. My max download speed in my node when downloading a file in my nas is around 12 to 14MB/s. Is this normal?

Silly me - I've been throwing virgins in volcanoes to appease them all these years...
It helps to keep a small campfire going and a wet blanket at the ready for really important communication.
(Did you want that in white or black smoke?)
The Delphi oracle is on leave.
The temple virgins ....? (They are down to one.)

Last edited:
Still Seeing the system log getting flooded with

Code:
Apr 20 15:19:36 RT-AC88U-EB98 kernel: udb_ioctl_copy_out: no handler for ioctl 0xd:0x4
Apr 20 15:19:36 RT-AC88U-EB98 kernel: udb_ioctl_copy_in: no handler for ioctl 0xd:0x3

I Cannot be the only one having this, Can this be looked at Pretty please.

Is there a limit on the number of Manually Assigned IP addresses in the DHCP scope

Its just that I am trying to setup another and after hitting apply it disappears

Is there a limit on the number of Manually Assigned IP addresses in the DHCP scope

Its just that I am trying to setup another and after hitting apply it disappears

There are a couple of work arounds.
One is to assign static IP's at the client and narrow the DHCP pool.
Another is to use dnsmasq add file. I seem to remember a discussion in the forum about this.

What I'm experiencing right now (and even in my last setup) is the node randomly disconnects so it needed a power cycle.
I experienced the same thing twice since 386.2_2 installed. AC86U as main, AC68U as node.

YazDHCP is a great addon for having as many static addresses your router can give you. I have about 26 static addresses and YazDHCP tells me I can configure 241 more I think. YazDHCP just takes advantage of modifying the webui to enter and store the information in /jffs. Give it a spin.

There are a couple of work arounds.
One is to assign static IP's at the client and narrow the DHCP pool.
Another is to use dnsmasq add file. I seem to remember a discussion in the forum about this.
Another useful workaround: YazDHCP.

I experienced the same thing twice since 386.2_2 installed. AC86U as main, AC68U as node.
I had that sort of behavior happening so regularly (when testing AiMesh2.0 last fall/winter) with the same combination of routers (connected wirelessly) that I gave up and moved to Media Bridge mode on the RT-AC68. Are yours also connected wirelessly? This combination of routers and AiMesh2.0 setup seems problematic by several reports

I have the exact same setup, but haven't had any issues. It appears to be very stable. Are you using Smart Connect and one single SSID, or do you have Smart Connect disabled and 2 SSID's for the separate bands (I have the latter setup)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!