What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty upgrade from 386.1_2 to 386.2 on both AC86U main router and AC68U Aimesh node. Both running smoothly for several hours now, and I'm loving Cake.

Thanks @RMerlin!

oooohhhhh....nothing but saying FIRST

meaning first download for the AC88U

and first download for the AX68U

I'm a bit scared of Erics April releases, is my gui gonna melt, or an easter bunny appear?

Can confirm dirty install in 4 min, gui loaded fine, just had to uninstall yazdhcp without deleting files and all good thus far. No bunnies appeared, disappointing :)

or an easter bunny appear
at moments like these I'm so happy to be a visual thinker. But unfortunately on both my RT-AC86U and my RT-AC68U nothing alike appeared, so I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you. Or me.

had to flash the AX68U twice before it took. Did try a soft reboot the first time and it still showed the beta. After second flash, GUI showed the latest update

the AC88U flash went through the first time

at moments like these I'm so happy to be a visual thinker. But unfortunately on both my RT-AC86U and my RT-AC68U nothing alike appeared, so I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you. Or me.
" I'm so happy to be a visual thinker. "

your nickname is Hugh?

Dirty upgrade on my Ac86u all good. Funny never ever done a hard reset after a new version release since I bought this router 3 yrs ago.

- FIXED: Traffic Monitor spikes for HND models. (Asus backport)
I assume this has been patched for older models, hence the change of wording in the commit?

I assume this has been patched for older models, hence the change of wording in the commit?
I'm running this 386.2 for more than 2 hours on a RT-AC68U and already have seen one impossible spike.
spike.png
spikes.png

And now, it also destroys Daily stats.
daily.png

Last edited:
I'm running this 386.2 for more than 2 hours on a RT-AC68U and already have seen one impossible spike.
View attachment 32694
See Merlin’s post here to report directly to Asus:

I do not quite know what to select at Cake, I have VDSL2 from Vodafone 100/50.
A Vigor 130 serves as a modem in bridge mode and the dial-up makes an AX58U behind it via PPPOE.

1. Can someone please help me what to choose from the Dropdown list ?

2. And is 95% based on the theoretical maximum bandwidth or on the measured bandwidth over an interval of about 7 days ?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-02 um 12.43.56.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-02 um 12.43.56.png
    117 KB · Views: 304
See Merlin’s post here to report directly to Asus:
I did because I like it here but I expect nothing. If their router support is as bad as their asustor nas support, it will just be a waste of time.
I recently ordered a second gl.inet MV1000 because of this.

Last edited:
Thanks Merlin.

Applied to local RT-AX86U and a Remote RT-AX86U and another remote RT-AC86U. All were butter smooth upgrades and everything seems to be working fine.

I didn't use CAKE QOS and left on Adaptive (get A+ bufferbloat on that) as my BB is around 383mbps on average, and was a bit concerned if lack of hardware acceleration may mean hotter temps.

Is the Lets Encrypt issuing bug now fixed?

Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 is now available for all supported models. This release introduces support for the GT-AX11000 and the RT-AX68U, and also adds a new QoS mode based on the Cake packet scheduler.
WOOHOO! Let's DO THIS. Upgrade Holiday Easter Weekend Friday. Family has been warned... ;)

Unfortunately the DDNS client seems to be broken. I got a DNS registration with asus.com and the status remain inactive. Syslog reported the following:

Apr 2 06:57:28 inadyn[7915]: In-a-dyn version 2.8.1 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
Apr 2 06:57:28 inadyn[7915]: Update forced for alias xxxxxxxxxxx.asuscomm.com, new IP# xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Apr 2 06:57:28 inadyn[7915]: alias address=<xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
Apr 2 06:57:44 inadyn[7915]: Fatal error in DDNS server response:
Apr 2 06:57:44 inadyn[7915]: [600 |Add TXT record for ACME challenge failed]
Apr 2 06:57:44 inadyn[7915]: Error response from DDNS server, exiting!
Apr 2 06:57:44 inadyn[7915]: Error code 48: DDNS server response not OK

This was not the case with Beta 3.
No issues with my DDNS since updating

Filthy upgrade from Beta 3 on all my APs and main Router. So far so good, all devices re-connected. DDNS fine, DNSFilter fine. The plethora of 2.4Ghz IOT/Nest/TP-Link devices all back on-line.

No issues so far, will monitor during the day and give the gear a couple of reboots as per protocol.

As always, many thanks to @RMerlin and team for their continued great work.

Bring on the long [Release] weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!