What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no change from Beta 3 so upgrading is optional.
LOL. So was simply a merge Beta 3 Dev Branch >> Release Branch.

Oh well. All good to be on the Release train.

Last edited:
Just updated my ac86u from 384.18. Formatted JFFS and factory reset. Started to manually enter my config and I decided to restore my JFFS backup but now I cant get into the router webUI. Is it doing that "db maintenance" like the previous version? Has anyone had a similar issue? Thanks

EDIT: An hour later, I got access to the WebUI

Last edited:
Made the jump from 386.1 to 386.2. Have not uninstalled CAKE yet and jumped to the built in CAKE, but so far, so good.

Will play around with the built in CAKE later today.

Thanks for all the hard work on this project. This firmware has brought my network into places that I thought it would never go .......

AX86U flashed dirty and also tried clean flash and for some reason FTP with tls enabled via wan just doesn't work. I enter correct credentials and it doesn't open. Disabling tls works fine. Lan works fine also. Seen this is an issue from the past. Any fix available?

Upgraded an AC86U from 386.1_2 to 386.2 (dirty flash, though was factory reset when installing 386.1_2) and all seems fine, except the yellow flashing exclamation point says there's newer firmware available, but of course the admin page shows that everything is up to date.

Maybe a stale nvram setting somewhere?

I'm unable to update one of my AC68U routers. I get this everytime I try:
screencapture-192-168-1-1-Advanced-FirmwareUpgrade-Content-asp-2021-04-02-08_04_32.png

Dirty update from 386.1_2 to 386.2. Six IP cameras on 2.4 and five Chromecast devices on 5 reconnected automatically. Did the 86U node first then the 88U router. I'm new to AiMesh. Is this the recommended sequence?

I've updated my rt-ac5300 and my rt-ac68u aimesh device.
when working from the office I noticed 5 Ghz not working on rt-ac68. I've reverted the aimesh node to 386_1 and 5 Ghz worked again. I will have a go at updating again over the weekend to see if it would work after another update

Dirty update from 386.1_2 has been smooth. The only "glitch" has been solved easily with the note in the changelog (Shift+refresh in browser to see device icons). By the way, I do not like these new "minimalist" icons . It is a personal view, but I am more from windows 7 icons appearance :).

Thank you Merlin (and the other contributors) for this new piece of cake.

Tried that.
Someone was posting a while back of a similar issue that the updates would not complete on another version. Search around for that thread. I'm sorry I do not recall what they ended up doing.

I want to say, but won't swear to it, that it was that )@(*@* large "traffic database" hiding in the setup and something about not enough space. I'm sorry. I cannot find the posting. I think they ended up deleting that DB first... or maybe I'm confusing all the issues I had with 384.19 again. (yeah that DB was problem there too). I think it was under /jffs/.sys/... nc? maybe?

Last edited:
I'm unable to update one of my AC68U routers. I get this everytime I try:

It looks like somehow it sees Merlin as a third party invalid firmware. Strange indeed. Hope you get it worked out.

I'm unable to update one of my AC68U routers. I get this everytime I try:View attachment 32708

This forum member had the same issue and apparently he solved it the following way:

I just upgraded and no issues thank you sir.

This forum member had the same issue and apparently he solved it the following way:

that's what I was thinking of... it was recent. TY!

Reactions: MvW
Thank you so much @RMerlin
i just did a dirty upgrade on my 68u router. So far so good.
im noticing some UI issues on the Speedtest page, related to the frame. I can’t see or use the tool from an ipad

Attachments

• 9DB0C0D0-FF70-494D-AA06-082966C84F70.png
    9DB0C0D0-FF70-494D-AA06-082966C84F70.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 7DA0310A-62C1-4E38-B616-7AA71F022204.png
    7DA0310A-62C1-4E38-B616-7AA71F022204.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 166
I think Ive found a big bug. I updated my ac86u from 384.18 to this version. I formatted JFFS and factory reset. I manually entered my settings and then restored my JFFS. Waited an hour to get back into the WebUI.

I have a device on my network that is very old (nas box) so I dont want it to access the internet. On the routers main page, when I click on the client and select block internet access it blocks all routes going to the internet. So any device, be it wired or wireless cannot access the internet. The only way to get the internet back is to turn off the "block internet access" option for that client.

Could someone else please check this and confirm if this is happening to them? Otherwise it could be something isolated to my network (which wasnt the case before).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!