What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a dirty upgrade this morning on my RT-AC86u. Pore messaging when the upgrade did not load the first time as it indicated the upgrade was successful. Was wondering why no built in cake when I noticed the version number and then loaded the firmware again. This time it upgraded fine. I enabled cake as I had removed the add on before the upgrade. Configured for cable and used the same up and download values as before. Working great!

Thank you Eric,

Morris

Because you have a similar setup / hardware:
Check Skynet, login and run option 3 then 1 and see if you lost Whitelist DB.(not found)
Entware had a recent release a week ago and for some reason when I went for final release off beta cycle, mine was lost.
Quickest fix was to uninstall Skynet then reinstall.
I found the problem by trying to go to Github and had problems. Skynet's recent release v7.2.4 added Whitelisting for Github.

Followed your instructions and clicked around other Skynet options without any problems. Glad you fixed your issues easily.

Are you sure you downloaded AC68U firmware? I by mistake downloaded AX68U first which is the new router added with 386.2

I have two AC68U, main + aimesh node both dirty upgrade from 386.1 and clean reboots, no funky errors in sys log and all is stable
For sure checked over and over again.

I upgraded a AC68U node without any problems, its upgrading a wireless router AC68U that I have issues.

Just joined the wonderful world of Merlin firmware on my 2 x RT-AC68U. Upgrade from stock beta went smooth, upgraded node first then main router. Main router CPU is 70C is this normal? Dont know about the node maybe something for future Merlin Firmware.

I've updated my rt-ac5300 and my rt-ac68u aimesh device.
when working from the office I noticed 5 Ghz not working on rt-ac68. I've reverted the aimesh node to 386_1 and 5 Ghz worked again. I will have a go at updating again over the weekend to see if it would work after another update
So I guess I am not the only one who has issues with 5 GHz.

I only have the RT-AC5300, but 5 GHz stopped working for my IPad after the install of 386_1.2. On my Android it is working fine, as

I was hoping the upgrade to 386_2 would fix this, but halas. I have done a factory reset and restored a backup of the configuration to see if that would help: it didn’t. Turned off the VPN clients I had running, didn’t help. Disabled IPv6, didn’t help.

The internal network is working fine, it seems like the 5 GHz isn’t allowed to go outside the local network.
I'm running a quite clean setup, only have YazFi installed for my guest network.
So I am quite lost what the next step should be, besides downgrading to a version that does work (probably 386_1.1). I do see posts of others that have the same router as I do, and everything seems to work fine for them, so I'm wondering what the difference might be?

Last edited:
I upgraded a AC68U node without any problems, its upgrading a wireless router AC68U that I have issues.
Have you modified the CFE on the problem router (maybe to increase clock speed)?

Minor cosmetic issue when trying to change the default Icon for a device on the guest wifi .. It Guest Wifi 1 .. Its a garage door and its default icon is a Cannon Printer. Trying to change pops up a window stating the Ip address is not a valid IP address once you hit apply. Odd thing is is will allow the change on the Asus App on an Android phone.
I got the exact same thing with my thermostats. I put them on my regular 2.4 GHz wifi and they got an IP in my normal network of 192.168.1.x instead of the 192.168.101.x. After that I could change the icon.

I haven't moved them back to Guest1 yet.

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this message:

I just installed the 386.2 and my MAC M1 was not able to connect to the WiFi any more. As soon as I back to 386.1_2 everything is working fine again.

The log is showing the following messages:

Apr 4 00:15:29 kernel: CONSOLE: 227921.840 wlc_ap_authresp: status 0
Apr 4 00:15:29 kernel: CONSOLE: 227921.841 wlc_ap_process_assocreq_done status 0
Apr 4 00:15:29 kernel: CONSOLE: 227921.842 wl1: STA 74:8f:3c:c5:54:22 has associated tx_type 2
Apr 4 00:15:29 kernel: CONSOLE: 227921.844 iov:SCB_DEAUTH
Apr 4 00:15:33 kernel: CONSOLE: 227925.825 iov:SCB_DEAUTH
Apr 4 00:15:33 kernel: CONSOLE: 227925.826 wl1: STA 74:8f:3c:c5:54:22 has disassociated tx_type 2
Apr 4 00:15:33 kernel: CONSOLE: 227925.828 iov:SCB_DEAUTH
Apr 4 00:15:33 kernel: CONSOLE: 227925.828 iov:SCB_DEAUTH
Apr 4 00:15:33 kernel: CONSOLE: 227925.829 iov:SCB_DEAUTH
Apr 4 00:15:33 kernel: CONSOLE: 227925.829 iov:SCB_DEAUTH
Apr 4 00:15:34 kernel: CONSOLE: 227926.849 wlc_ap_authresp: status 0

BR

Unfortunately the DDNS client seems to be broken. I got a DNS registration with asus.com and the status remain inactive. Syslog reported the following:

Apr 2 06:57:28 inadyn[7915]: In-a-dyn version 2.8.1 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
Apr 2 06:57:28 inadyn[7915]: Update forced for alias xxxxxxxxxxx.asuscomm.com, new IP# xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Apr 2 06:57:28 inadyn[7915]: alias address=<xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
Apr 2 06:57:44 inadyn[7915]: Fatal error in DDNS server response:
Apr 2 06:57:44 inadyn[7915]: [600 |Add TXT record for ACME challenge failed]
Apr 2 06:57:44 inadyn[7915]: Error response from DDNS server, exiting!
Apr 2 06:57:44 inadyn[7915]: Error code 48: DDNS server response not OK

This was not the case with Beta 3.

This is true for me as well. The difference is that it didn't actually upgrade my firmware. It threw me back on 386.1-2 with broken DDNS.

I tried to upgrade again and while loading it said firmware was corrupted.

Edit: DDNS has gone back to functioning on my old firmware. I think I will stay pat for now until bugs get worked out.

Has anyone tried the reconnect button next to the bind button on AiMesh ? Says it works but clients dont seem to disconnect.

Anyone had problems connecting to the Router admin page after the upgrade. I just keep getting the router "hourglass" icon in the browser and nothing shows up in the end. I have tried using Brave browser, Firefox and now Edge.
Also looks like my 5GHz wifi network has disappeared, as it doesn't show on device discovery or as a wifi option on my PC....I can't even connect to look at logs :(
1617491158985.png

EDIT: Infact any changes I make to the router causes the problem from my earlier post on Page 7 to re-occur, this also includes rebooting the router

Last edited:
all working as expected on my rt5300
thanks again

Have you modified the CFE on the problem router (maybe to increase clock speed)?
No sir the router was purchased from Staples 14 months ago.

No sir the router was purchased from Staples 14 months ago.

Is factory resetting it and then trying the firmware an option?

All is good here.

Thank you

I got the exact same thing with my thermostats. I put them on my regular 2.4 GHz wifi and they got an IP in my normal network of 192.168.1.x instead of the 192.168.101.x. After that I could change the icon.

I haven't moved them back to Guest1 yet.
This glitch has been around since Asus set the infamous Guest 1 to sync to AiMesh Nodes. Another work around is to switch to Guest 2 with the same SSID as Guest 1 (of course turn off Guest 1) fix the icons then switch back to Guest 1. Or you can let Asus choose the icon for you...

@RMerlin Severe router ui lag after switching off (withdraw) from TrendMicro components. Basic usage simple AP trad qos, no mesh no VPN no DNS filter, with reset, browser cache cleared

Updated the main router just fine, but the AiMesh node now has this log message repeating over and over. Zero search hits on google! Beta1 was just fine in this regard. I rebooted the mesh node, same behavior exists.

Any ideas? This is remote syslog via ui-scribe, AC86 x 2.
Code:
Apr  3 10:20:04 AC86U-OFFICE kernel: blog_request 1502: dev dpsta put_stats           (null)
Apr  3 10:20:04 AC86U-OFFICE kernel: blog_request 1502: dev dpsta put_stats           (null)
[...]

Googling around for blog_request, I found source!

Line 1485, case NETIF_PUT_STATS, which seems to involve transmitted and received packets, bytes, and multicast. dpsta (?) is the device name, and put_stats is null, which is suspicious.

Given that the patch from Asus 8 days ago involves changes to put_stats, I'd say that is the source of this log message.

2f7a878aad kernel: proper fix for wlan accumulating stats issue

In fact, the line that outputs the log message above was added in this patch! Given that dev_p->put_stats is null, instead of skipping the put_stats, it drops through and instead logs the above message. CONTINUOUSLY.

Code:
-            if ( (dev_p->reg_state == NETREG_REGISTERED) && virt_addr_valid(dev_p->put_stats) )
-                dev_p->put_stats( dev_p, bstats_p );
--------
+            if (dev_p->reg_state == NETREG_REGISTERED) {
+                unsigned long addr = (unsigned long)(dev_p->put_stats);
+                if (virt_addr_valid(dev_p->put_stats) || (addr >= MODULES_VADDR && addr < MODULES_END))
+                    dev_p->put_stats( dev_p, bstats_p );
+                else
+                    printk("%s %d: dev %s put_stats %p\n", __FUNCTION__, __LINE__, dev_p->name, dev_p->put_stats);
+            }

Most people likely won't see it, since how many have remote logging setup from an AiMesh node?

It looks harmless, maybe I'll setup a scribe/syslog-ng rule to just drop it. But thought I'd share the results of my detective work.

@RMerlin, any chance of adding "if (dev_p->put_stats != null)" prior to logging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!