What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I do a dirty flash on 1) Aimesh router, and 2) nodes? In the past, I have always erased nvram and start from scratch, but I would like to avoid it this time. Will my scripts (Diversion, etc) and settings (static DHCP tables, etc) continue to function after dirty flash?

Yes, you can. As always, make backups, but as long as you do a firmware upgrade within the same (386.x) branch and the changelog doesn't tell you otherwise, you can safely perform a dirty flash. Many have, including myself, without any issues whatsoever.

I keep getting
duckduckgo.com’s DNS address could not be found. Diagnosing the problem.

DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE

Im using Nextdns it only happens when i set nextdns over tls on my merlin Ax11000 router.

Is there any chance you will support dns over https since it has less issues?

Im using Nextdns it only happens when i set nextdns over tls on my merlin Ax11000 router.

Is there any chance you will support dns over https since it has less issues?

Why not use DoH with NextDNS then? Just install the NextDNS CLI client and you'll be using DoH instantly.

Why not use DoH with NextDNS then? Just install the NextDNS CLI client and you'll be using DoH instantly.
I want Nextdns to cover all my devices from the router level.

Edit: Resetting the router to factory defaults fixes the dns probe error but it shows up again after a while.

I want Nextdns to cover all my devices from the router level.

Yes, which is exactly what it will do if you install the NextDNS ClI Client and the client only uses DoH by default.
Just make sure you set DNS Filter to Router to force all DNS resolution through NextDNS. Every networking devices in my household uses NextDNS this way, and for the mobile devices I use an Apple Mobile Config certificate, to make sure that they resolve only through NextDNS when used outside the range of WiFi.

Yes, which is exactly what it will do if you install the NextDNS ClI Client and the client only uses DoH by default.
Just make sure you set DNS Filter to Router to force all DNS resolution through NextDNS. Every networking devices in my household uses NextDNS this way, and for the mobile devices I use an Apple Mobile Config certificate, to make sure that they resolve only through NextDNS when used outside the range of WiFi.
Didn't realize you can install the client on the router with ssh
sh -c 'sh -c "$(curl -sL https://nextdns.io/install)"'

Will set it up now and report back if the issue presists.

Thanks.

Hello am new on forum and my English is broken but i gonna tray my best :D

Just one question...
I have router ASUS-RT-AC87U and firmware Merlin 380.61 ok can i just download the latest firmware and just update or i need to first to reset router to factory then put new firmware.
I just don't want to lost my config...

Thank you.

Does the maintenance pick up where it left off if a power cycle interrupted it?
I don`t know. That code is closed source, so I have no idea how it's actually implemented.

Hello am new on forum and my English is broken but i gonna tray my best :D

Just one question...
I have router ASUS-RT-AC87U and firmware Merlin 380.61 ok can i just download the latest firmware and just update or i need to first to reset router to factory then putn new firmware.
I just don't want to lost my config...

Thank you.
You will be jumping multiple years in a go, so I recommend doing a factory default reset after upgrading.

2 to 2_2 with no issues. Thanks again.

Dirty update from 386.1 to 386.2.2 on both my main router and aimesh node (both RT-AC68U units). Everything working beautifully; nice and peppy. And maybe it's my imagination, but my aimesh node seems to be acquiring and swapping connected devices better than ever.

Thanks as always, RMerlin!

Dirty upgrade from 386.2 to 2_2 on RT-AC86U. The only issue is that I lost most of my add-on tabs. I have unbound, but that's it. No scMerlin, ntpMerlin, spdMerlin, or conmon.

Been using Asuswrt-Merlin and lurking this forum for a few years now with no issues but...
Since trying to update to any of the 386 Code bases on my AC3100, my port forwarding no longer works. I have Skynet and Diversion installed on my router. When checking the GUI, all my port forwarding rules are still there. Going back to 384.19 restores the Port Forwarding back to normal. Is anyone else having this issue or can offer any advice?
Worked fine on mine, but I haven't been using Skynet for some time, just Diversion. All my port forwarding is working.

I installed 386.2_2 today on a new RT-AX86U Router and node, with a new SSD and a clean install with an additional factory reset. Took this greenhorn most of the day with configuring and installing scripts. There may be some settings for the AX that are different to the AC group that I need to research too.
My log is filled with these:
Code:
Apr 18 19:14:17 RT-AX86U-FE30 kernel: _blog_emit, blogp = 0x2260

AND THESE:
Apr 18 19:34:51 RT-AX86U-FE30 kernel: _blog_emit, blogp = 0x2
I hope they settle down in a day or two. I'm new to the AX's so I don't know if or what it's supposed to be putting in the system log.

@RMerlin is it possible to configure router's web gui so that it uses more horizontal space in wider monitors i.e. width is dynamic or "use wide page" turnable setting? Or it is ASUS closed source?
And second - is it possible to add feature to increase font size for System log in "General log" tab?

Dirty upgrade from 386.2 to 2_2 on RT-AC86U. The only issue is that I lost most of my add-on tabs. I have unbound, but that's it. No scMerlin, ntpMerlin, spdMerlin, or conmon.

This happened to me on one of the upgrades. I'd suggest doing a reboot, if that doesn't fix it, the go into amtm, and do a forced upgrade on each addon (uf). The first 3 have the uf, I don't run conman but I believe that addon has the uf, too. (Then reboot) If that doesn't work (I think it will), then an uninstall and reinstall of each addon should work.

Also might need to clear your browsers cache

Last edited:
Hi All,

New to this forum, I tried the latest build on my RT-AX88u 386.2.

The update was painless, but I noticed the iPerf3 performance was very low.

I tried Parallel Streams as well as adding a Window Size Parameter, but I wasn't able to go beyond 445Mbps.

Am I missing anything?

Currently am back to Stock Firmware but would love to know if anyone else has done any testing.

Test Setup:

Source: Router Wired.
Destination: Laptop 4 Core/8 Thread

Don't have stats as I fall back to Stock, but 445 is the max it reached.

Thank you.

@RMerlin is it possible to configure router's web gui so that it uses more horizontal space in wider monitors i.e. width is dynamic or "use wide page" turnable setting?
Beyond the scope of this project, sorry. The webui is always one of the most difficult portion to merge, so I try to avoid making sweeping changes that would only make it more difficult for me to merge future updates in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!