What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smooth upgrade from 386.2_2 to 386.2_4 on RT-AX88u.
Thanks RMerlin :)

Performed a dirty upgrade of my AIMesh Node (RT-AC68U) first to 386.2_4, without issues.
Also dirty upgraded my main router (RT-AC86U) to 386.2_4 without issues, after rebooting it prior to upgrading. Thank you @Merlin. Will report back if anything happens out of the ordinary.

All good - rock steady upgrade to 386.2_4 - OpenVPN server and client fully happy - many thanks as always :D!

Three AC1900P's and three AC6U's dirty upgraded from 386.2_2 to 386.2_4. All's well so far!

I was thinking as an add-on to the base, so air would get forced in through the bottom vents and add to the natural convection of the original design. the fan would be mounted horizontally, pulling air in from above, channeling it to the bottom vents, exhausting upwards as nature intended. it seems to work best with higher air masses passing over the inner surfaces that radiate.
I'd love for someone to write a script to send the CPU temp out over USB to a RasPi Pico acting as a PWM controller for the fan so it can be a dynamic solution, too.

Dirty upgrade from 386.2_2 to 386.2_4 on my RT-AC86U, so far so good.

smooth as silk dirty to _4 from _2 on RT-AC86U. I used the correct firmware this time and to hell with my reputation. I did have to reboot first and eject the usb drive.

Thanks to all.

First time ever I see Internet Traffic meter working adequately and not jumping to the max with 200kbps internet usage. I don't know if something was changed there or it's a result of my current test configuration - HW acceleration disabled, Cake QoS. Good to see Internet Traffic meter somehow useable. AC86U with Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2_4.

I was thinking as an add-on to the base, so air would get forced in through the bottom vents and add to the natural convection of the original design. the fan would be mounted horizontally, pulling air in from above, channeling it to the bottom vents, exhausting upwards as nature intended. it seems to work best with higher air masses passing over the inner surfaces that radiate.
I'd love for someone to write a script to send the CPU temp out over USB to a RasPi Pico acting as a PWM controller for the fan so it can be a dynamic solution, too.

Why reinvent the wheel. USB fan controllers are already available and work very well. I use one in my network cabinet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NG9TSG4/?tag=snbforums-20

Uneventful dirty upgrade from 386.2_2 to 386.2_4 on RT-AC86U.

Thank you Merlin

Dirty upgrade from 386.2_2 to 386.2_4 on RT-AC5300's - smooth as ever!

Priority tins in Cake cause uploads to slow to 1/4 network speed when higher priority devices active. Changed to besteffort and now get desired priority devices streaming perfectly and uploads using the remaining bandwidth. This has been the case since the beginning of 385.2 I just got around to addressing the issue.

Morris

Dirty upgrade from 386.2_2 to 386.2_4. All 41 clients reconnected immediately.

Dirty upgrade from 386.2_2 to 386.2_4 on a RT-AC86U. No issues encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!