What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.4 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is mine when I tested the first beta..
~
After switching to Beta 2
~
I didn't try the 1st Beta. I let that pass and flashed straight to the second Beta, but here's my IPv6 'test' FWIW. The 20 / 19 difference, is only the browser's IPv6 priority over IPv4 (or not) nothing on our routers.

IPv6.jpg

I don't know why you guys bother running dual stack on a home network. What isn't working with IPv4 only?
Yep, simply to many issues with IPv6 on private environments - so I asked my internet provider (Magenta / T-Mobile former UPC) for a IPv4 only setup and I am a happy camper for many years now! :cool:

Of course devices can have IPv6 dual stack if needed - but most of them run perfect on IPv4 only!

Last edited:
My ipv6 works no problem. Even on beta1 and alpha, not an issue.
1640689390847.png

Last edited:
no problems with ipv6 and my isp just recently enabled it have to turn off release prefix on exit or i keep getting new ipv6 adress which is kind of annoying

I have no idea what my AX11000's problem is but it doesn't run official firmwares only runs beta's at least for now.
Regardless if it's a tweaked Merlin FW,my AX11000 repeatedly loses WAN over LAN.
But its rock solid running the asus beta FW.

I'm going to try latest Merlin beta2 while there's some free time but can Merlin FW be made from asus beta FW?

I've just set up a new AX68U with 386.4_b2, and as I was testing the OVPN server on the AX68U, I was reminded that I've had a minor issue with the built-in OVPN server going back to 384. If I don't have the client configuration file set "perfectly", I get false warnings such as:

Dec 27 16:20:05 ovpn-server1[2302]: 49.237.32.201:55583 WARNING: 'link-mtu' is used inconsistently, local='link-mtu 1541', remote='link-mtu 1557'

or

2021-12-27 16:14:20 warning daemon ovpn-server1 49.237.32.201:21062 WARNING: 'auth' is used inconsistently, local='auth [null-digest]', remote='auth SHA1'

I see these in both the client and server logs. These appear to be false warnings because the OVPN connection typically completes successfully, and running an MTU test after the connection is complete shows a consistent MTU. I've found that adjusting the client configuration by rearranging the configuration commands and carefully matching the client cipher settings to the server cipher settings often stops the false warnings.

Hi,

after installing 386.4-beta2 on my AX86u, it sometimes happens that the Internet light goes red for a moment. It didn't do that before. Usually the white light only goes red after a boot, before the Internet connection is established. Does this happen for anyone else? The Internet connection isn't lost, while it goes briefly red. That's what's confusing me. It would be awesome to know what it means and why it happens.

My apologies, if someone already spoke about this, I didn't read all 19 pages.

Currently running 386.4_beta2 on my RT-AX88U. I also need to disable guest network 1 to be able to use IPv6 (which my ISP recently enabled), which is a known issue.
The main issue I have is with the router losing the WAN connection. Rebooting the router will re-establish the WAN connection, no need to reboot my modem. The router's GUI and LAN connections will still work, it's just the internet connection that won't work anymore. I can reboot the router from the GUI when this happens.
It seems to have improved since version 386.3_2 and the 386.4 alphas, in that the disconnects are less frequent. I am on my second RT-AX88U and also used an RT-AX58U, but they all exhibit the same problem. I also exchanged the ethernet cables.
Using the reboot scheduler is not a real solution, as sometimes the WAN connection is gone more than once a day.
I have not tried the ASUS stock firmware yet to see if that makes any difference. I did try a network switch between the modem and the WAN port on the router, but that did not make a difference.

Minor time display issue in the logs. Seems the kernel keeps UTC regardless of system time.
Code:
Dec 28 14:08:37 kernel: wl0: random key value: 6D76617C2BFB8A564259000A647AD76ED158C724B0360BE6465EDE4207663EA5
Dec 28 09:08:37 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(486): eth6: Disassoc 30:57:14:58:3D:84, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Dec 28 09:08:37 hostapd: eth6: STA 30:57:14:58:3d:84 IEEE 802.11: disassociated
Dec 28 09:12:12 hostapd: eth6: STA a8:80:38:25:0b:94 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Dec 28 09:12:12 hostapd: eth6: STA ac:84:c6:9c:cc:39 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Dec 28 09:12:12 hostapd: eth6: STA ac:67:b2:e9:e8:44 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Dec 28 09:12:12 hostapd: eth7: STA 0c:c4:13:2c:36:11 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Dec 28 14:17:57 kernel: httpd (1473): drop_caches: 1

I don't know why you guys bother running dual stack on a home network. What isn't working with IPv4 only?

I'm curious what benefit you perceive from NOT having IPv6?

I did experience an issue on my android tv box (nvidia shield) which I hadn't encountered before and that was that the wired network on my streaming box kept disconnecting, it was like a gradual decline as my streaming apps would ultimately stop streaming. After a few reboot attempts of android tv box or router, the wired connection would be restored again but only temporarily, ultimately I switched the wired connection from port 1 (gaming port) to port 3 and for some reason that worked and connection continues to remain stable.
your shield isn't running kodi 19.3 by chance, is it? I'm having similar occasional issues, but I'm at the last Merlin release on my ac86, so I'm more inclined to think it's that software

For the same reason we climb mountains and sail across oceans, because they're there.

They have been discovered, explored and mapped already. Some just prefer to carry two sets of equipment for unknown reason.

I'm curious what benefit you perceive from NOT having IPv6?

Since there is no benefit running IPv6 on a home network, I don't need to secure my network on both IPv4 and IPv6. We can discuss dual stack pros and cons in another thread.

Because my ISP is entirely IPv6. If I were to switch to IPv4 only, I would have another level of IPv4 and IPv6 conversion and another level of NAT.
I know of no ISP, except in Japan, that is entirely IPV6. My ISP does offer 6RD but that is like taking a shower with a raincoat on.

Hi,

after installing 386.4-beta2 on my AX86u, it sometimes happens that the Internet light goes red for a moment. It didn't do that before. Usually the white light only goes red after a boot, before the Internet connection is established. Does this happen for anyone else? The Internet connection isn't lost, while it goes briefly red. That's what's confusing me. It would be awesome to know what it means and why it happens.

My apologies, if someone already spoke about this, I didn't read all 19 pages.
I have just flashed 386.4 Beta2 and after reboot the red LED is still on but I have WAN connectivity. Any Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!