What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.4 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what information you need - RT-AX88U
I run 386.4_alpha2-ga85421da82 - works great
I've updated last month to a newer beta version - both WAN ports show disconnected. Reverted back to alpha.

I run a 9/1 dual WAN balance.

I just attempted to upgrade to 386.4 beta 3 - went back to both WAN ports "disconnected". I've rebooted the router.

I downgraded back to the alpha version linked above - back to normal.

I don't have the energy now to factory wipe.

I will add logs if requested. I'm not great in Linux so tell me what to terminal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try setting the WAN DNS to manual and 1.1.1.1, and 1.0.0.1.

This should fix the disconnected issue.

Did a dirty upgrade on my RT-AX88U yesterday from beta2 to beta3 and I just lost the WAN connection again. I don't see anyone else reporting this, so I am still not sure where this issue comes from.
I enabled IPv6, an OpenVPN server and WiFi guest network 2.
Rebooting the router will bring back the WAN connection, but it is annoying.
And I have one AIMesh node, an AX58U, running stock ASUS firmware.

I noticed some GUI page not loaded properly after dirty update. Anyone see something like this before? After click back and try a few more times it get displayed properly.

1640860886031.png

Try ctrl-F5

Hello,

I use to connect my children with Guest Network and use time scheduling parental control in 386.3 firmware. Since 386.4 beta (1,2 or 3) this doen't work anymore for Guest Network Clients. No issue with clients connected to local Network but Guest Network clients have still acces to internet in offtime schedule period.
This is with a RT-AX88U router. Any body else has this issue ?
Thanks in advance

Seems to be due to Guest Network 1 because, with Guest Network 2, IP adresses of guest clients are now related to the ones in my local network. They were 192.168.103.x before. All seems to work fine now.
I had switched from Guest 2 to Guest 1 after updating to 386.4 beta.

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade from Beta2 to Beta3 and running smoothly

Dirty upgrade to Beta 3 on AX11000 from Beta 1 - no issues found after ~24 hours (see signature for list of apps/features in use).

I noticed some GUI page not loaded properly after dirty update. Anyone see something like this before? After click back and try a few more times it get displayed properly.

I noticed something of similar nature as well, like it does not automaticly logout when you next time login it looks like you are logged in but information does not show, then when you try change something it blocks you and asks password meaning you just filled in everything for nothing, however i will say this also happens with Asus firmware its not related to the merlin firmware at all in this case, your instance of the issue if only seen once 1 simple page refresh would fix that.
Also noticed device list will often fade away and then reappear quite often which is very annoying, again happens with Asus firmware also.

I noticed something of similar nature as well, like it does not automaticly logout when you next time login it looks like you are logged in but information does not show, then when you try change something it blocks you and asks password meaning you just filled in everything for nothing, however i will say this also happens with Asus firmware its not related to the merlin firmware at all in this case, your instance of the issue if only seen once 1 simple page refresh would fix that.
Also noticed device list will often fade away and then reappear quite often which is very annoying, again happens with Asus firmware also.
GUI page layouts not showing correctly or the issue described by you sounds more like you need to clear your browser cache. These sounds like cached pages are shown instead of refreshing the cache of your browser.

Did a dirty upgrade on my RT-AX88U yesterday from beta2 to beta3 and I just lost the WAN connection again. I don't see anyone else reporting this, so I am still not sure where this issue comes from.
I enabled IPv6, an OpenVPN server and WiFi guest network 2.
Rebooting the router will bring back the WAN connection, but it is annoying.
And I have one AIMesh node, an AX58U, running stock ASUS firmware.
I had this just recently. WAN would drop for no reason on the RT-AX88U, rebooting the router it would recover. Replaced the ethernet cable between WAN port and Cable modem, all fixed.

@RMerlin Is their any way you could add the ability to turn on or off access to ssh on routers that are a node in a mesh network. You can currently log into the node router to use asus’s usb applications, but literally no other features unless you run the device as a AP or mediabridge manually. DHCP server on node is disabled when running as a mesh idk if that would cause issues, but some optware features could be useful on nodes. The page you login to the node seems custom and quite limited but modifying that page maybe you could add the administration tab?

@RMerlin Is their any way you could add the ability to turn on or off access to ssh on routers that are a node in a mesh network. You can currently log into the node router to use asus’s usb applications, but literally no other features unless you run the device as a AP or mediabridge manually. DHCP server on node is disabled when running as a mesh idk if that would cause issues, but some optware features could be useful on nodes. The page you login to the node seems custom and quite limited but modifying that page maybe you could add the administration tab?
If you have ssh enabled on the Main router, it will be enabled on the AiMesh nodes. Same login name/password, same SSH port number. Its a “global” setting in an AiMesh system.

Not sure about optware, but I do have Entware installed on my nodes.

If you have ssh enabled on the Main router, it will be enabled on the AiMesh nodes. Same login name/password, same SSH port number. Its a “global” setting in an AiMesh system.

Good to know! Was not aware of this; and yeah I meant entware. Optware is deprecated and something ASUS uses for it’s usb apps I’m pretty sure.

Quick question about the same. Will the same ssh key also work with the nodes?
My main router has ssh enabled and also has ssh keys. I am able to ssh into the router without typing any passwords.
Essentially, if I ssh into the node (using the node specific ip address), will the same ssh keys work.
I tried that and the node asks for the password; rather than logging using the ssh keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!