What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty update from previous release on AC88U.
Everything's fine except Time Machine, I have the following message when I try to select the AC88U usb drive as Time machine drive (that I just formatted):
The version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported.

Edit: Time Machine backup using the same exact drive was working perfectly in version 386.3_2.

Updated RT-AC86U from Beta3 and everything's running great. Thanks RMerlin!

Dirty upgrade on GT-AX11000 and now the Internet Status shows as Disconnected but we are connected. Red indicator light for Internet. Any tips on how to fix?

RT68U upgrade was effortless. Thank you and happy new year!

Dirty upgrade on GT-AX11000 and now the Internet Status shows as Disconnected but we are connected. Red indicator light for Internet. Any tips on how to fix?
Make sure you don't block access to dns.msftncsi.com which is used for WAN monitoring.

Make sure you don't block access to dns.msftncsi.com which is used for WAN monitoring.
The AAAA response returns a ULA address, so DNS Rebind can reject it, if enabled and the router uses dnsmasq itself.
Code:
# dig AAAA dns.msftncsi.com +short
fd3e:4f5a:5b81::1

Last edited:
RT-AC3100: Upgraded from 386.3_2 to 386.4, the first time was odd because I wasn't getting any DHCP assignment on any of my devices, so did the normal "rescue" step of connecting a laptop and manually assigned IP and router addresses, and was able to login to the admin pages. Reflashed back down to 386.3_2 and everything worked again. Then flashed up to 386.4 again and this time everything was great (as usual).

No idea why the DHCP wasn't working on the first upgrade attempt, but all is well, took an extra 10 min to debug, no drama :)

Thank you and happy new year!

All routers updated and running great.
Thank You & Happy New Year

Everything working great here except one niggling issue. Now when I go to log into my router I get taken to an Asus page that throws a message about HTTPS. Every time I click yes and it logs me in just fine but next time I go to log in it's the same thing all over again. Any ideas?

Should the AX58U download be nearly 20MB smaller than all the previous updates??

I looked at some of the other model's and downloads are all same size as previous releases, or close. Only the AX58U is smaller.

Thank you, sir. I've added it to Diversion's whitelist but it did not seem to help.

RT-AC3100: Upgraded from 386.3_2 to 386.4, the first time was odd because I wasn't getting any DHCP assignment on any of my devices, so did the normal "rescue" step of connecting a laptop and manually assigned IP and router addresses, and was able to login to the admin pages. Reflashed back down to 386.3_2 and everything worked again. Then flashed up to 386.4 again and this time everything was great (as usual).

No idea why the DHCP wasn't working on the first upgrade attempt, but all is well, took an extra 10 min to debug, no drama :)

Thank you and happy new year!
Had the same thing on RT-AX88U everything was connected but no internet or anything, Got in and put it back to 386.3_2 and it was all good again.
EDIT: Ok tried again this time works fine but get an ASUS HTTPS message everytime I log in.

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade from 386.3_2 works fine other than the kernel operating system no longer reports ASUSWRT-Merlin, but rather GNU/Linux, which apparently breaks the installer for scribe as it's using uname -o to ensure it's on a Merlin firmware. @cynicastic will probably need to account for this unless it's a build mistake.

For now, I made the following change to line 52 of the installer to get past it:
Diff:
52c52
< readonly merlin="ASUSWRT-Merlin"
---
> readonly merlin="GNU/Linux"

After upgrading from 386.2_6 clean the Daily and Monthly Traffic Analyzer views stopped working. It seems like data is being saved because the "Per device" section is working.
Did any of you get this as well and knows how to fix it?
I have the traffic analyzer to save data to a usb stick connected via USB on the router and I have chosen the option to "Create or reset data files".

Everything else seems to be working fine

Dirty upgrade from 386.3_2 works fine other than the kernel operating system no longer reports ASUSWRT-Merlin, but rather GNU/Linux, which apparently breaks the installer for scribe as it's using uname -o to ensure it's on a Merlin firmware. @cynicastic will probably need to account for this unless it's a build mistake.

For now, I made the following change to line 52 of the installer to get past it:
Diff:
52c52
< readonly merlin="ASUSWRT-Merlin"
---
> readonly merlin="GNU/Linux"
Remove your Entware busybox install.

Last edited:
Had the same thing on RT-AX88U everything was connected but no internet or anything, Got in and put it back to 386.3_2 and it was all good again.
EDIT: Ok tried again this time works fine but get an ASUS HTTPS message everytime I log in.
Get this same message too; also on my AX88U

thanks RMerlin!

the change log was correct! you managed to release it last year, with only 20 minutes to spare (Central time).

EDIT: just saw the change log and the date was updated to this year, oops
I based my original comment on RMerlin's post which was at 11:40pm.

ok ok enough nonsense from my part, happy new year all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!