What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker, first time poster.

GT-AC2900 upgraded absolutely fine with no issues.

Small “minor” error - on the WAN DNS page it allows you to add up to 8 DOT addresses (per the gui heading) but only 6 will actually add - the other two won’t add with no error message either.

Upgraded from 386.4_Beta3 without issue. Router is running perfectly. Thank RMerlin!

Dirty upgrade from 386.3_2. An hour in and main+nodes all running smoothly with zero new log entries.

Thank you again for all you do, and Happy New Year!

New year and new major release, so I decided to go for a full nuke/reset/setup and everything is running great with no issues at all. :D Thanks for another awesome release!!!

Afternoon,

Does Skynet and NextDNS CLI work OK after dirty upgrade from 386.2_2?

Regards, K.

Dirty upgrade from 386.3_2 to 386.4 on AX86u, disabled first Dual Wan (Usb modem) , USB disk and IP6.
No issues found.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Did a dirty upgrade from 386.3_2 to 386.4 on my RT-AC88U. I'm seeing the same problem I've seen for awhile now.

When the router restarts, /jffs/scripts/firewall-start doesn't run until I log into the web UI and click the Adaptive QOS tab. It then runs about 30 seconds later.

Last edited:
Been waiting for the final release and the family gave their nod to allowing me time to upgrade and test this morning.

Dirty update to 386.4. Everything came back. Only thing I noted is that the NUT server (upsd) failed to start. The daemon started fine on manual start. Maybe an odd thing out, don't know. Will monitor on the next reboot. For now, I added a sleep statement between loading the kernel modules and starting the daemon in case this new software needs some extra processing time.

Cheers all ....

30 min. after update my AC1900U ( AC68U ) to v386.4 , all my devices connected to 5ghz band were disconnected. 2.4ghz and Wired connections still fine. I had to reboot the router.

Did a dirty upgrade from 386.3_2 to 386.4 on my RT-AC88U. I'm seeing the same problem I've seen for awhile now.

When the router restarts, /jffs/scripts/firewall-start doesn't run until I log into the console and click the Adaptive QOS tab. It then runs about 30 seconds later.
I noticed my update-notification script not being executed either. Works if I manually execute it.

Smooth release - release upgrade, as usual, for my AC86.
Thank you, @RMerlin

Dirty upgrade of RT-AX86U from 386.3_2 to 386.4.

- Some host name issues where Windows 10 hosts is listed in DHCP table with a host name yet the host did not do a DHCP request after the router came back as it's on a separate switch. The MAC Manufacture was used for the name rather than the name in the DHCP table.
- App Analysis had been enabled and I found it off. It re-enabled fine.

Otherwise, operation appears to be fine.

Thank you Eric,

Morris

Last edited:

When the router restarts, /jffs/scripts/firewall-start doesn't run until I log into the console and click the Adaptive QOS tab. It then runs about 30 seconds later.

I too just noticed that firewall-start did not run on reboot. Checked the logs and do not see the script being called at all. Ran the scripts manually and all was OK. I went into QoS and reapplied settings. I see the firewall-start being called after. Just waiting on daughter to finish her online class to try another reboot to see the firewall-start scripts gets executed.

EDIT: After a cold reboot, the firewall-start scripts seems to be working.

Last edited:
I need to figure out how to fix the “disconnected” but connected bug…it prevents Alexa from working on the app as the app thinks it is disconnected. ISP is GVTC & has configured their network as a STEM if I have the term right…no public IP, etc.

Dirty upgrade on router and AP from 384.4_beta2, went so smoothly the family didn't notice. All is still well after 9 hours. Thanks @RMerlin!

Another thing I noticed ...

The Internet Status shows "Disconnected" ... so I went to the WAN menu and I saw that some internet settings were changed after the update.

My ISP setting is PPPoE ... and when I checked the user account and password ... I noticed that they were not my ISP settings ... they have been changed to my user and password account to access the WebUi Asus router. It is weird. :oops:

I changed the settings to my ISP PPPoE settings ... I restarted the whole Aimesh system (using the option from the AIMESH menu).

But after the restart ... the "Internet Status" still is being shown as disconnected ... although I have internet access. Under the status menu from the left ... I can see my new WAN IP (that has been renewed after the reboot).

Internet status.png

I changed the language from Spanish to English in order to take the picture ... I changed another time the language to Spanish ... then I went back to the "Network Map" again and ... now the language banner is bugged. And the language menu is being shown under the Internet Status banner.

Menu bug.png

Refreshing cache didn't solve the issue. Just for a split of second (while the cache is being refreshed) the Internet Status shows as Connected and shows the WAN IP.

Even I started Windows (under Bootcamp) internet status is still being shown as disconnected.

I also checked under iPhone and iPad and same result.

I don't know what is going on.

There is no errors under the system log.

Edit: The language menu bug is also under iOs devices, not only under macOS and Windows 10 (under BootCamp)

Last edited:
Any issues with DHCP reservations on this release? I really do not want to lose my list.
- Some host name issues where Windows 10 hosts is listed in DHCP table with a host name yet the host did not do a DHCP request after the router came back as it's on a separate switch. The MAC Manufacture was used for the name rather than the name in the DHCP table.
Why not reading the Change Log - would give you an answer BEFORE posting this questions... :oops:
  • Reworked DHCP hostname support to use Asus's own implementation.
- CHANGED: Switched to Asus's own dhcp hostname support.
Existing dhcp_hostnames entries will be
converted on first boot.
So you better save the DHCP reservations before update and restore them in case there are issues in the conversion.
You can achieve a backup with the great script dhcpstaticlist.sh from @Xentrk - not sure if restore works with this updated DHCP handling - but at least you have a backup! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I ran a dirty upgrade on my main router (AX88U) with no issues - coming from 286.3_2.
As I have a pure IPv4 setup (incl. external WAN address), I have nothing to say about the IPv6 changes.
The only change I did, is to remove haveged from entware, as it's now default in the firmware.
After some hours I found a (small) glitch with the WAN checks via dns.msftncsi.com - getting quite often a syslog entry "dnsmasq[6348]: possible DNS-rebind attack detected: dns.msftncsi.com"... ...need to mask it in dnsmasq.conf.add

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!