What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 GNUton's builds are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wireless node discovery doesn't work in Asuswrt-Merlin. You have to use Ethernet connection for the initial setup.
Related question: If my node is already connected before I flash my router with Merlin, will I have to re-connect it via ethernet? Does flashing to Merlin reset the mesh setups? Or will the fact that it was connected before the flash mean it will stay connected after I've switched the router over to Merlin?

@jasons6930 no flashing merlin doesn't reset the NVRAM, but it's better to reset to factory after fleshing .
You can try to run it without resetting to factory, but you may encounther weird behaviours

If my node is already connected before I flash my router with Merlin, will I have to re-connect it via ethernet?

It will stay connected most of the time and this trick is used when you have AiMesh node discovery issues, but you want to run Asuswrt-Merlin on your main router. You start on Asuswrt, connect your nodes, flash Asuswrt-Merlin on the router after. If you lose the nodes down the road though you have to find working for you workaround. Wired nodes usually have no issues.

I've been running the latest release (388.1) for a couple of months with no issues. Around two weeks ago I started getting sporadic issues reaching the internet – running conmon shows the connection drops completely for up to a minute at a time. Has anyone else had this issue and found a workaround or fix?

CleanShot 2023-03-09 at 12.46.40@2x.png

Update: I wiped and set everything up from factory and that seems to have solved it.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!