What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 GNUton's builds are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@GNUton so just do it from the web UI what about Initialize, do you want that ticked also?

Also I've noticed my cpu is running hotter, idle 70c, before I Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs, it was idle at 60c. Once im up and at my pc I will keep a check after I've done the above with Initialize ticked and get back to you later today, it will take abit.

Last edited:
No luck, What I did was restore the router via the web UI with Initialize ticked, After it rebooted I went and entered the web UI via, http:\\router.asus.com\Advanced_System_Content.asp entered my password etc, then did the disable LED's via the UI, It worked like before, as soon as I click to enable the Led's again they did not work. So I then did a Hard reset of the router holding the WPS, after rebooting i did the above again with the same thing the LEDs will not come back on, so I then did a UI Restore again and still no luck here's a video.
LED Video HERE

Also setting up the router I noticed that if I select secure login via HTTPS, it still shows for both see picture, yet should only show the one HTTPS unless both Is selected.
hpps.png

Also another problem with that page is the Auto Logout, It will not Auto logout.

So something I have noticed is that the 3 problems I have noticed is with the one above page in the UI.

No luck, What I did was restore the router via the web UI with Initialize ticked, After it rebooted I went and entered the web UI via, http:\\router.asus.com\Advanced_System_Content.asp entered my password etc, then did the disable LED's via the UI, It worked like before, as soon as I click to enable the Led's again they did not work. So I then did a Hard reset of the router holding the WPS, after rebooting i did the above again with the same thing the LEDs will not come back on, so I then did a UI Restore again and still no luck here's a video.
LED Video HERE

Also setting up the router I noticed that if I select secure login via HTTPS, it still shows for both see picture, yet should only show the one HTTPS unless both Is selected.
View attachment 41381
Also another problem with that page is the Auto Logout, It will not Auto logout.

So something I have noticed is that the 3 problems I have noticed is with the one above page in the UI.
ok i managed to reproduce the problem of the leds..
if you open ssh into the router and run ledg you will see that switch in the UI works again.
So this happens when ledg doesn't run anymore for some reasons.
rc_restart ledg should restart and not kill it...
As for for port 80.. what happens if you connect to that port? do you get redirected to https?

But as you see from my logs above the web UI runs LEDS, with a "s" Yet as you say should be LEDG like when I switch it on off via the mobile app, so is that not silly spelling coding script error?
Yet strange that LEDs with a s turns them off

Last edited:
Also I just tried changing the port to 80 on the browser nothing happens, so just a web Ui glitch
I will try from SSH and run ledg see what happens.
Just tried, I typed run ledg and got -Sh: run not found, so I typed ledg in my SSH client nothing seems to happen. Look in router logs nothing there but me logon and out of SSH

Last edited:
@GNUton Just wondering if your are still working on the DSL firmware. As Asus had released a updated version in April, where yours was march, or have you already incorporated that firmware?

Thanks for the hardwork to make this firmware available, just loaded it up onto my new rt-ax82U, and the only problem I have noticed (my OCD), is that the router is not displaying its own picture. I have tried a full reset and manual build, no luck. Also, dumped, (cleared), browser cache, to no avail. Tried in both Chrome and Edge. Phone app in both Anroid and IOS works without any issues. See attached screen dumps. ASUS stock firmware also does not have this issue.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    30.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    71 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Must be model related, my dsl rt- ax82u shows. Via app
Screenshot_20220604-021617_ASUS Router.jpg

Via web UI
20220604_022041.jpg

P.s also says blocked by client, is that not your firewall or a blocker on you device nor the router?

Last edited:
Must be model related, my dsl rt- ax82u shows. Via app
View attachment 41554

Via web UI
View attachment 41555
P.s also says blocked by client, is that not your firewall or a blocker on you device nor the router?
Not sure, all other routers display their own picture correctly, also no problem via the app. Only via web gui, it wont display its own picture.

Thanks for the hardwork to make this firmware available, just loaded it up onto my new rt-ax82U, and the only problem I have noticed (my OCD), is that the router is not displaying its own picture. I have tried a full reset and manual build, no luck. Also, dumped, (cleared), browser cache, to no avail. Tried in both Chrome and Edge. Phone app in both Anroid and IOS works without any issues. See attached screen dumps. ASUS stock firmware also does not have this issue.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
This happen to me, maybe you use the adguard i was this problem and i solved with exception on adguard and done.

This happen to me, maybe you use the adguard i was this problem and i solved with exception on adguard and done.

@GNUton

Thanks for the suggestion but no, I have no add blocking running. To me it looks something in the GUI code, wrong location, naming convention, path, server incorrect, not sure. As I have said previously, picture displays fine using the phone app. Multiple resets, and manual rebuilds don’t solve the problem. Just to repeat myself, the phone app is good, it contains (displays) the picture of the RT-AX82U. So knowing the phone app is using the same WI-FI connection, it’s definitely an issue within the GUI code for this build/source code.

Last edited:
Found a new problem if it's not been said, under LAN-DNSFilter, if I enter a custom DNS then a rule for the custom. My DNS is not getting set, And internet is lost. If I set the DNS in LAN-DHCP it works, yet only tested on custom one and the other defaults seem to be ok

@GNUton

I have found another issue. When selecting the control channel option on the 5GHz (drop down listing), not all channels are being displayed. After a WPS reset and manual rebuild they did initially display, but it would seem that over time, trying different channels or even switching off and on, 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode and or Channel bandwidth, has made fewer channels available to select. See screen image attached. My setup is in my signature.

Cant say whether this problem is the same in stock firmware as, I never tried stock firmware long enough to confirm this same problem exists or not.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I have an RT-AX82 and can see the router image fine:
1654710318688.png

Also wanted to report I have the same LED issue as @TrebleTA - where I can disable LEDs through UI but cannot re-enable, although I can hold the LED button on the router to turn them back on. I also found this out by trying to use the LED control script in amtm.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!