What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what we call an unsubstantiated claim, not proof.

It doesn't matter how you call it. You are still fighting with the issue - find your fix. I shared with you my experience. What I found inside this specific AC86U model is described here, with short list of common issues and symptoms. Based on my findings, my recommendation is to replace it. What you are going to do with your router is your decision. Complaining in every thread how bad Asus is definitely not going to fix it for you.

It doesn't matter how you call it.
But it does matter what it is.

You are still fighting with the issue - find your fix. I shared with you my experience.
I'm trying to. But you just won't shut up about your proclaimed solution, without addressing the answers you get, namely that the issues persist across 3 AC86U's, but varies varies with different firmware revisions. How is this logical that all three are affected by hardware failure that "magically" improves with newer firmware?

Stop derailing my conversations when I'm trying to actually seek out a solution unless you can bring anything substantial to the table, such as a way to diagnose the issue.
What I found inside this specific AC86U model is described here, with short list of common issues and symptoms. Based on my findings, my recommendation is to replace it.
Not only is that anecdotal evidence; btw you state yourself that they (a) are a selection of refurbished routers that (b) customers are bringing to your repair shop. Do you not see what is going on here?
What you are going to do with your router is your decision. Complaining in every thread how bad Asus is definitely not going to fix it for you.
Well, the issues have improved since I started complaining about it, so although we don't have the data to establish a direct correlation, we do have data that your statement that it is definitely is not going to improve it is definitely false.

customers are bringing to your repair shop

I don't run a repair shop. I deal with businesses using IT. Mostly I care about the weight of recycled electronics in metric tons per year.

Stop derailing my conversations

Oh, sorry! You can continue your fight. I have nothing else to help you with, except sharing experience. Take it or leave it, your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!