What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to flash 386.5_1 on my AX68U but i keep getting the
"Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again." message.
Clear browser cache, tried Chrome and Edge no luck.
I am on 386.5
check sha256 from download site regarding right software
Code:
16f10d4b5270bd406c3f6d52f1794330083d09f48e7eb4cf72a227553f9436a5  RT-AX68U_386.5_beta1_cferom_pureubi.w

Is there a way to backup and restore my settings and custom installs?
You can backup settings but the best way to do it clean. Is after a update do a factory reset. Prior to that take a screen shot of you router settigns and put them in a word document. Manually put them back in, yes its slower but only way to be clean.

And use a vpn to get on the network, don't open router directly to the net. Then your updates won't bork up.

File seems correct.
1647969665792.png

Yours is a different problem. His crash is the "normal" dcd issue. Your crash is from the shell (sh). So check what custom scripts you're running.
Aha ..... Did not notice the difference. Sorry That was after I tested a script, my fault .......

Yours is a different problem. His crash is the "normal" dcd issue. Your crash is from the shell (sh). So check what custom scripts you're running.
Hmm can you elaborate please?
What is the "normal" dcd issue?

This only started happening after upgrading from 386.3_2 to 386.5

dcd crashes have been reported for years. Most commonly it's caused by people running Diversion with Pixelserv enabled.
Okay!
I've been using Diversion with Pixelserv for years, this only started happening after upgrading from 386.3_2 to 386.5...
Any workaround? I see a lot of references in the forum about deleting these logs from the kernel log file...

Okay!
I've been using Diversion with Pixelserv for years, this only started happening after upgrading from 386.3_2 to 386.5...
Any workaround? I see a lot of references in the forum about deleting these logs from the kernel log file...
If you want it to stop happening, disable Pixelserv within Diversion. Masking logs doesn't mean you've sucessfully dealt with the problem.

If you want it to stop happening, disable Pixelserv within Diversion. Masking logs doesn't mean you've sucessfully dealt with the problem.
You seem certain that this is a Pixelserv issue...
Others complain about the same error being related to TrendMicro.

I guess it doesn't matter - aside from disabling Diversion/Pixelserv, there doesn't seem to be a solution yet.

Still it is strange that this only started happening after upgrading from 386.3_2 to 386.5...

Upgrade RT-AX88U & RT-AC3100 from V386.5 Final to V386.5_1-g8858f16344 via dirty firmware upgrade. 40+ devices (includes gaming, streaming, downloads, many IOT devices, etc.) and all appears to be working for main AX88U & backup AC3100 routers. Still postponing adding RT-AX58U with V386.5 XXX into AiMesh 2.0, until Guest Network #01 issue is fixed, as Guest network is #01, and IOT devices is #02 currently in my setup.

I have updated my routers and working just fine as in my signature.

in my router I get som problem after a bad umount, probably.
is there a fix to get it back again? Have tried to format ext4 again but problem still occure.

Code:
Mar 22 13:23:43 kernel: EXT4-fs error (device sda1): ext4_mb_generate_buddy:757: group 1, block bitmap and bg descriptor inconsistent: 1808 vs 1809 free clusters

Trying to flash 386.5_1 on my AX68U but i keep getting the
"Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again." message.
Clear browser cache, tried Chrome and Edge no luck.
Downloaded twice, sha256sum confirmed.
I am on 386.5
Disconnect all usb devices reboot your router and try flashing it then. usually that works for me if this happens.

For those USING THE AX11000 as a repeater, are you able or UNABLE to change WiFi settings?
I've attempted to change channel bandwidth, disable/re-enable WiFi 6, and so forth - and it keeps resetting to what it was prior.
As a GATEWAY (normal mode), I can change these without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!