What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.6 is now available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No, it installs fine, but then “unbound not running, error in installed entware package list”
plus
/jffs/addons/unbound/unbound_manager.sh: line 5496: unbound-control: not found
| Requirements: USB drive with Entware installed |

entware IS installed by Diversion and working
As this is an addon related issue, please open a new thread in the Addons forum.

Please issue
Code:
which opkg

which unbound-control

head -n 5 /opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound.conf
Please use the following to start unbound_manager
Code:
/jffs/addons//unbound/unbound_manager.sh debug
then recreate the error, then either PM me the resulting debug trace output or post in the new thread.

Last edited:
@RMerlin I just noticed that there is no button on the LAN — Switch Control page for GT-AX6000 to enable/disable Jumbo Frame. Can you please look into this as you continue to work through 386.7 development? Thanks.

@RMerlin I just noticed that there is no button on the LAN — Switch Control page for GT-AX6000 to enable/disable Jumbo Frame. Can you please look into this as you continue to work through 386.7 development? Thanks.
This is by design. Asus have marked this device as not supporting Jumbo Frame, so the option is hidden.

This is by design. Asus have marked this device as not supporting Jumbo Frame, so the option is hidden.
Thanks. It seems a bit ironic that a device with both 2.5 Gbps WAN and LAN ports would not support Jumbo Frame.

^^ Indeed - interesting... very!

Thanks. It seems a bit ironic that a device with both 2.5 Gbps WAN and LAN ports would not support Jumbo Frame.
Could be a switch limitation, or something they haven't had time to implement yet. You'll have to ask them.

Any plans for beta soon for ax88u received new update
Looks like it is on the way...

Merlin 386.7 alpha1 for AC68U

Just curious, what's your use case for it? I thought Jumbo Frames, even in their "heyday", offered marginal improvements at best and more often than not would cause more headaches than it was worth (and nowadays is not recommended to be used at all, especially with TSO, LSO, etc.).

Copying from another website:
Thanks for the pointer to the nand_check github repo.

I compiled it and it works well showing Free/Used/Partial/Bad blocks in the NAND flash.

I know it's uncouth to ask @RMerlin about future model inclusion and already we are lucky to have such a wide net of model support, but, given the ZenWiFi Pro XT12 is so closely related to the ZenWiFi Pro ET12 I wondered if that might be on the horizon?
It's the only model that fits my needs of dual 2.5G ports and 2.4/5/6Ghz WiFi on the market.

I know it's uncouth to ask @RMerlin about future model inclusion and already we are lucky to have such a wide net of model support, but, given the ZenWiFi Pro XT12 is so closely related to the ZenWiFi Pro ET12 I wondered if that might be on the horizon?
It's the only model that fits my needs of dual 2.5G ports and 2.4/5/6Ghz WiFi on the market.
I see ASUS ZenWiFi Pro ET12 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.48823 was released today.
Just use the ASUS firmware. It could be 5-12 months after product release before there _may_ be a RMerlin release. No guarantees. It depends on ASUS GPL releases and model differences. See the GT-AX6000 and GT-AXE11000 releases for recent examples.

SAMBA dialog box failure errors when performing operations in GUI. No failure on function.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!