What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all Gnuton's models too

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aftet updateing, done a hard reset, also a soft reset as on redoing my setting miss spelled a word and did not see it so did a soft reset, set my device up etc. Think I'll check my security, my dns ovet tls then did my NAT check

Just wanted to say that, I have changed my Nat type, via NVRam in the past setting to 1 for full cone, as was getting a game issue yet was not down to that, yet last I had it before flashing from orginal firmware was 1, apon checking the NVram setting now its showing 0, so it should be symmetric

Is anyone else seeing an issue with this version where the internet connection "hangs" for 2-5 seconds? I upgraded from 386.05 and then factory reset.

I read somewhere to try removing all ethernet connections except for the WAN and that seems to have stabilized things. Before that, my conmon uptime chart looked like this. Not sure why this works, but I'll take it.

CleanShot 2022-10-27 at 12.13.15@2x.png

Any news for the XT8 ? is the RT-AX95Q_386.07_2-gnuton1_cferom_puresqubi latest firmware ?

I have the Asus TUF-AX3000, I am not sure if it is version 1 or 2. Can I confirm this firmware can be flashed on the router without bricking it?

Look at its label to know the version number.

I looked at the bottom of the router, it states TUF Gaming AX3000 wifi router
Model: TUF-AX3000
Input: 19 V 1.75A

I assume this is a version 1 and compatible with gnuton firmware?

That would be my guess too, with that info.

Is anyone else seeing an issue with this version where the internet connection "hangs" for 2-5 seconds? I upgraded from 386.05 and then factory reset.
Yes, rt-ax82u hangs a few on most devices, also many device randomly drop wireless connections and need to restarted to reconnect and in many cases I have restarted the router and still had to manually reconnect devices like cell phones on wifi. This is a daily thing as far as disconnects and whether I set up a nightime restart or let it run for days it still disconnects some devices. So I am kinda at a loss as to what to do.Any suggestions would be appreciated:) I also did the same and upgraded from 386.05 and factory reset. I did not copy backup file and reinstalled settings fresh. I had same issue on 386.05 but not as bad.

If you don't know why you have installed this firmware - you don't need it.
To have a parental control, for example. I'm not familiar with the merlin thing, know more about openwrt which I've been working with for ages.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online