What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all Gnuton's models too

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, I missed the Access Point Mode on the screen shot. There is no routing in AP mode - no Parental controls.

Do you guys know how to avoid double NAT on two routers? While I am on router mode I got firewalled in torrent aps.

Do you guys know how to avoid double NAT on two routers? While I am on router mode I got firewalled in torrent aps.
Either forward the required ports from the first router to the second. Or, if the port number(s) are not fixed, put the WAN IP address of the second router in the DMZ of the first router.

Hi folks,

I've just flashed this version to a DSL-AC68U, and while the running function isfine (and very impressive, thankyou so much for porting it to this model!!) I suspect i *may* have run into a bug?

After much fiddling to get the VPN config just right, I exported the settings file and proceeded to restore it to verify it worked.

The restore seemed to go just fine, but upon asking me to log back in, the password I set no longer work. Nor did 'admin' or any other default password I can think off. I did a full factory reset, set a new password, verified it,made another backup, tried restoring it, and ran into the same problem. It seems after doing a settings restore, no password works to log back in to the router.

Am I doing something wrong or have I found a bug? Because this seems to cripple any capacity to back up ones configuation.

Thanks

What does this firmware have extra, that the original Asus firmware doesnt have? Where can I see a list of this? I am looking for something where i can use an adblocker to block those anoying youtube adverts as well as most unwanted ads on pc and mobile phones

What does this firmware have extra, that the original Asus firmware doesnt have? Where can I see a list of this? I am looking for something where i can use an adblocker to block those anoying youtube adverts as well as most unwanted ads on pc and mobile phones

Good luck. You tube ads are almost impossible to block. Most if not all adblockers fail.

@GNUton Hi and thanks for the firmware for AX5400 but wondering about the discord invite on you Github page doesn't work and wonder if you have any active channel? Or is this the active forum for your firmware and also thanks to @RMerlin

This may be a stupit question, but is any of the firmware releases compatible with my RT-AXE7800 ? If yes, could anyone tell me which release will fit. If no, will there ever be a release for this model?

Only stock Asus is compatible with your model.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!