What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus just released a new firmware for AX86U with connection issues fix, Asuswrt 49599.

Asus just released a new firmware for AX86U with connection issues fix, Asuswrt 49599.
If you apply it - please advise whether there is a wifi driver update in it beyond what we have in 386.7 ...

ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U - System Information.png

Thnx

It is running already and I have Internet access on my phone. This is all I can say so far. Not checking the wireless drivers now. Johnny Walker doesn’t allow. :)

It is running already and I have Internet access on my phone. This is all I can say so far. Not checking the wireless drivers now. Johnny Walker doesn’t allow. :)
Try Isabella's Islay - she is far more co-operative ... and would let you checkit anytime :cool:

For this one… looks like I have to check out of all my properties first. May have to sell a kidney too. :D

Syslog is quiet, by the way. No CONSOLE messages.

Last edited:
For this one… looks like I have to check out of all my properties first. May have to sell a kidney too. :D

Syslog is quiet, by the way. No CONSOLE messages.
Sounds like this is a good stock f/w update for the AX86U. Thanks for testing it :)

I've been lucky and had a good experience with merlin 386.7 on my AX86U so i'm not updating anything until merlin 386.8 where the GPL is hopefully updated.

The latest on here is 49447. Did you get it from the website or from «check for update» directly from the ax86u?

Attachments

• AD36EC64-CC41-4A6A-A689-4F8F24170913.jpeg
    AD36EC64-CC41-4A6A-A689-4F8F24170913.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 112
I have two RT-AC86U routers and on both same problem occurs, after some time of running I can not log into gui or associate new wifi clients, I found out that all scripts using nvram stucks and I have to reboot it to make it work again

What do all the above posts have to do with RMerlin's 386.7 release? Can these please be removed from this thread? @thiggins, @RMerlin?

What do all the above posts have to do with RMerlin's 386.7 release? Can these please be removed from this thread? @thiggins, @RMerlin?
As we all know, 386.7 of AX86U has a issue with 160MHz bandwidth. I'm not saying it's caused by RMerlin, it's the Asus GPL 386.48966.
If we know by discussion that GPL 386.49599 fixes the issue (I don't know if it fixes the issue) , it means that future Asuswrt-Merlin firmware merged with GPL 386.49599 or later will not have this issue.
I think these discussions are necessary, although it has little to do with RMerlin's 386.7 release.

No, actually we do not all know that. No issues with 160MHz bandwidth on my 2x RT-AX86U setup.

It is not RMerlin's firmware, nor the 386.48966 GPL (I'm taking your word here...) he used.

Other issues are at play. Stock firmware discussions not relevant here (except possibly with a single post/link in passing).

No, actually we do not all know that. No issues with 160MHz bandwidth on my 2x RT-AX86U setup.

It is not RMerlin's firmware, nor the 386.48966 GPL (I'm taking your word here...) he used.

Other issues are at play. Stock firmware discussions not relevant here (except possibly with a single post/link in passing).
I read everything about 160MHz in this thread and AX86U 386_49447 in ASUSWRT - Official. I also tested the stability of 160MHz in 386.5.2 and 386.7. My friends also confirmed that there is a 160MHz issue with 386.7 of the AX86U.
#881 is the result of my test. Whether AX86U can be stable at 160MHz largely depends on whether there is a 160MHz device connected.

Last edited:
I too read the entire forum here. Not saying there were no issues experienced. Simply stating those issues were not experienced universally. ;)

Whether I have just my 160MHz AX clients connected, just my 80MHz AC clients connected, or a mixture of both, there are no stability issues in my environment (at all).

I too read the entire forum here. Not saying there were no issues experienced. Simply stating those issues were not experienced universally. ;)

Whether I have just my 160MHz AX clients connected, just my 80MHz AC clients connected, or a mixture of both, there are no stability issues in my environment (at all).
OK. Thanks for your reply.

Not sure what the disagreement is about. Last night I've noticed Asus App has an update with "Supports router firmware after 388" description. Asus App pulled a new firmware with "Improved connection stability" description. Many folks reverted back to 386.5_2 because of Wi-Fi issues. Obviously there was something to be fixed in the Asuswrt base used for 386.7 firmware. That simply means if you want Asuswrt-Merlin and you experience Wi-Fi issues with the current release - just wait, upstream fix is coming your way. That also means 388 code base is coming soon.

1657637670328.png

Switching from stock to Merlin. ASUS XT12:
Where did "Bonding/ Link aggregation"-setting go? (LAN -> Switch Control in stock)

@RMerlin

Last edited:
I have no control over that.
TNK YOU anyway

around 3 days and it is working properly like before.
Hopefully next stable is close, can't wait!

Keep up with the good work my friend!

@RMerlin
1657645043235.png

I don`t expect to get 388 code until around September, and even then it will only be for some of the newer models, like the RT-AX86U_Pro.
But... but... I'll be Jones'n to upgrade & I need... K -fine I'll wait... or upgrade to <Gulp> Stock, YUCK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!