What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flashed on GT-AXE11000, VPN does NOT work with Nord. Same setup in stock works perfectly. On this build it is not working. I get the green light showing its engaged bit when I go to a site that will only work through a VPN it says I do not have a VPN running. Flashed back to the stock, same site works perfectly. Same settings (using UDP)I also saw another post about the VPN leaking. Can anyone confirm my findings.

CC

What do all the above posts have to do with RMerlin's 386.7 release? Can these please be removed from this thread? @thiggins, @RMerlin?

Why is this thread even still open? This is the direct result of going beyond 7-10 days for release threads. They inevitably deterioate into irrelevance.

Why is this thread even still open?

Because 386.7_1 beta exists and will be released as 386.7_2 eventually. Example here, the previous release with consecutive minor update:

Do tell us more :)

Successful updated both my AX86U routers to 386.7_1, bonding and LACP working great, no issues to report. Thanks for all your work on this. @RMerlin.

Flashed on GT-AXE11000, VPN does NOT work with Nord. Same setup in stock works perfectly. On this build it is not working.
NordVPN is actually the provider I use for all my testing. I have an RT-AC66U_B1 that runs a 24/7 VPN with NordVPN. Check your system log, it will tell you what's wrong.

Pro?

Do tell us more :)
There`s a GT-AX11000 Pro coming this month (should start appearing on store shelves by the end of the month depending on the location), and an RT-AX86U Pro this autumn. Both will use a newer SDK (which includes a newer Linux kernel), as well as an upgrade to a BCM4912 CPU (2 GHz quad core instead of 1.8 GHz quad core, and a few other internal changes in the new CPU). I believe they also got upgraded wifi radios, but I don`t have the details at hand at the moment.

There`s a GT-AX11000 Pro coming this month

Amazon UK has a price for it:

I cleaned up the thread a bit. I'm generally quite tolerant about getting a bit off-topic, but this was starting to get out of hand, with personal attacks starting to be thrown. Please play nice.

No rush. You need some rest too. Summer time.
It has to do with Asus' own development schedule, as I won`t get it until they`ve completed their own development and test.

For my part I already have other things planned for the next 2-3 months, but things are once again being tied to Asus' own timetable. I received no less than four new routers over the past few weeks, some which will be supported and some won't. There are also new hardware revisions coming for other models that will require firmware updates to support them ahead of their availability for sales.

I will announce which new models get supported once I am ready to confirm the plans for them.

I basically have things planned until the end of 2022 at the moment... We'll have to see how much of that plan I can stick to based on Asus' own involvement.

I basically have things planned until the end of 2022 at the moment...

Work will never end. I hope you also have planned non work related activities.

I basically have things planned until the end of 2022 at the moment...

Merlin do you have plans on switching to the new codebase 388 when Asus begins there roll out ? Is the new 388 part of your 2022 plan ?

In 386.7 or 386.49447 of AX86U, "160MHz+ch36" will make your router lose 160MHz when an 80MHz device is pluged in.
"20/40/80/160MHz + Enable 160MHz + ch auto + DFS” will make your router boost to 160MHz automatically when a 160MHz device is pluged in. When your last 160MHz device disconnects, your router will drop to 80MHz. And a 160MHz device is pluged in, your router boost to 160MHz automatically again.

Although both versions of the firmware can achieve 160MHz 5G WiFi, the following two things make me irritable:
1. 5G bandwidth of the AiMesh node is always the same as the AiMesh router. This means your AiMesh node is always at 80MHz if your AiMesh router drop to 80MHz.
2. A 160mhz device connects to the AiMesh router when the the AiMesh router is at 80MHz. Then the AiMesh router boost to 160MHz after 1-2 min. But the 5G WiFi disconnects for a split second so that this 160MHz device is connected to the AiMesh node. AiMesh router that lose 160MHz devices drops to 80MHz. Then this 160MHz device connects back to the AiMesh router by AiMesh or 802.11K/V. And the AiMesh router boost to 160MHz after 1-2 min.....................This 160MHz device "jumps" between the AiMesh router and the AiMesh node. Sometimes, it ends up connecting to the AiMesh router with 160MHz. Sometimes, it ends up disconnecting.

I hope ASUS can provide a new Source Code soon to fix this 5G bandwidth issue.
View attachment 42662
Ever since you posted this I wanted to check it on my end. Granted its not a 100% identical setup as I don't use Ai mesh but so far with my work laptop on AC 160mhz and my S10 on AX 80mhz i've not seen this.

1657662217396.png

Attachments

• 1657662171171.png
    1657662171171.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 121
Merlin do you have plans on switching to the new codebase 388 when Asus begins there roll out ? Is the new 388 part of your 2022 plan ?
I won`t get access to 388 code until September, and Asus won't be migrating all other devices at once, they intend to do it gradually over the course of multiple months.

I won`t get access to 388 code until September, and Asus won't be migrating all other devices at once, they intend to do it gradually over the course of multiple months.

I will take that as yes 388 will be part of the plan. At least for what models its's available for that you currently support.

Wanted to add I have been trying and using your firmware ever since my first RTN66R. You got a good thing going. I was talking to a mechanic at work about routers to my surprise he has an older AC68U running Merlin. Your all over the world. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I won`t get access to 388 code until September

What is 388 anyway? Based on features expected it sounds like RC3 first official release.

What is 388 anyway? Based on features expected it sounds like RC3 first official release.
That's correct. It's the non-beta RC3 branch code. Among other things, it includes:

- Wireguard client and server support
- VPN Fusion now available for all models
- New Parental Control features, such as "rewarding" a kid by providing him some extra time to his schedule, also new improved schedule manager interface
- SafeSearch support
- DoT more officially launched (tho it was mostly available already in recent 386 builds)
- Notification on new unknown devices connecting (through the mobile app)
- InstantGuard 2.0 (unsure what was changed, I haven't checked it.)

Ever since you posted this I wanted to check it on my end. Granted its not a 100% identical setup as I don't use Ai mesh but so far with my work laptop on AC 160mhz and my S10 on AX 80mhz i've not seen this.

View attachment 42718
You can try disconnecting the 160MHz device so that the router has only one 80MHz device connected. Wait 2 minutes to see what the 5G bandwidth is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!