What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can disable the automatic firmware check in that case, but you'll be on your own to determine when new firmwares are available, and whether you feel necessary to update or not.

It's not as if I released a new firmware every week. My general release schedule is a new firmware every 2-3 months, with possibly one minor update 2-3 weeks later containing fixes for issues detected after release. That release was pushed to all models because it also contains various fixes for these models, it's not just a wireless driver change for a few select models.
You are right again, but if you use the asus app, the sign is triggert and this can´t be prevented.

BTW like and apreciate yor really GOOD WORK!

I wish Asuswrt-merlin was able to auto-update like the Asuswrt does.

I recently did a hard reset of my AX11000 and when trying to find the best channel for 5G-1 I noticed only the router changes, not the nodes. This is according to the Wifi Analyzer app. In the pic below I selected channel 64 but all the other nodes are probably still set to auto on 36 and 40.

Screenshot_20220728-010301_WiFi Analyzer.jpg

Does anyone know why the radio firmware was downgraded in 386.7_2 for the ax88u? What problem did this fix?

Saw a few questions earlier and cannot seem to find the answer. Im curious as a AX88U owner.

Saw a few questions earlier and cannot seem to find the answer. Im curious as a AX88U owner.

Last edited:
It fixed the issue that the new radio firmware wasn't up to snuff (yet). ;)

I've installed the 386.7_2 on AX88U and after 2 days lt got locked up, no internet and no web GUI access and power cycle restored everying back to normal. I had loking up issue with 386.7 and downgraded to 386.5_2 week earlier. Will keep on 386.7_2 and see if this happens again.

Upgraded to 386.7_2 from 386.7 on AX88U and now I'm receiving the "Setup Wizard" on every reboot since. First time ever experiencing this after an upgrade.
Anyone have any suggestions for this one? Is it a matter of just doing a hard factory reset? Or are there other things I can try first?

It will be great to setup email notification for new ASUSWRT version
Release events are already a ton of work as I have to handle everything myself: building, packaging, uploading to two different sites, updating the website, updating the update server with manifest and release notes, writing the release notes and posting on SNBForums, announcing on Twitter, updating IRC channel topic, updating Wiki if there is a change in features, updating the website if there are new models... Not adding an additional step, sorry. You can use an RSS feed on Sourceforge to be notified of new releases.

It will be great to setup email notification for new ASUSWRT version
You can use an RSS feed on Sourceforge to be notified of new releases.

You can check out my wicens script, although the script is for notifications of WAN IP changes, there is an option for Merlin Firmware update Email notifications and doesn't require using the WAN IP notification functionality.

It leverages his update-notification trigger to send an Email when an update is available.

Im currently working on version 3 which adds AMTM Email settings import and Email forwarding functionality that should be up within a couple days Im hoping.

You can use an RSS feed on Sourceforge to be notified of new releases.
Thank you. Unfortunately there is no "Get Updates" button on summary page for your project.

Thank you. Unfortunately there is no "Get Updates" button on summary page for your project.
It's on this page, top right of file list

https://sourceforge.net/projects/asuswrt-merlin/files/

or scroll down to "Project Activity" on the page you linked and the RSS feed button is there

Thanks Dedel66.

@Merlin, based on the thread, it appears a full reset and clean install fixed the WiFi firmware issue. What did the firmware update address in the first place? I have an AX88U and now that I think about it, did experience a few new drop outs which I chalked up to interference given 5ghz band crowding from many neighbors (townhome community). My preference would have been to live with it or given the option for full reset so I retain the latest firmware release.

I totally agree! But in my opinion this blinking sign should be there if there are security reasons and not for every "small update".
So you really think this blinking sign really bothers you /people that much haha. I feel as though some people spent too much time looking at these logs/warning lights too much to the point that everything becomes an obstacle.. as RMerlin said, the option to turn off the automatic fw check is there...use it and move on. Easy!.... K.I.S.S.

I recently did a hard reset of my AX11000 and when trying to find the best channel for 5G-1 I noticed only the router changes, not the nodes. This is according to the Wifi Analyzer app. In the pic below I selected channel 64 but all the other nodes are probably still set to auto on 36 and 40.

View attachment 43138
Because XT8 do not support lower DFS channel (52-64)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!