What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer to this question is perhaps firmware specific. I would use Notice/Info in 386.7 firmware. I would actually prefer a log server and filter whatever I need in the mess generated. Sorry, I'm done testing 386.7 on my AX86U router since better and more stable firmware exists for this hardware.

Your router is in AP mode, I would run Asuswrt 46061 on it. The log is quiet and the Wi-Fi is better from what I see here with my test clients. You don't need Asuswrt-Merlin for AP mode. And 386.7 Wi-Fi is actually worse than 49447. Many people reverting or going to Asuswrt is understandable.

Perhaps clear your browser or try button reset and router admin from another PC (with nothing else connected to the router). If you still doubt the firmware upload, download it again, verify its checksum, and upload it again to the router... and/or try a different release. If you don't require Asuswrt-Merlin, try stock Asuswrt.

I'm out of ideas.

OE
fixed, was using FF but switched to Chrome and now all is 5x5, though I'm sticking with 386.5_2 for now, thanks for your responses.

There is something going on the latest fw. I have AX3000 and lately, I have been unable to access Gmail until I reboot the router. All computers, android phones, and tablets connected to wifi cannot reach google services( Gmail, google.com, youtube). I have to reboot the router to get access back.

Does anyone have similar issues?

The most weird ... this is happening when I am using Firefox. Using Chrome ... the backup has CFG extension. :oops:
Here with 386.7 and firefox the settings have a txt extension. With Chromium and Opera the CFG extension is back.

The answer to this question is perhaps firmware specific. I would use Notice/Info in 386.7 firmware. I would actually prefer a log server and filter whatever I need in the mess generated. Sorry, I'm done testing 386.7 on my AX86U router since better and more stable firmware exists for this hardware.

Your router is in AP mode, I would run Asuswrt 46061 on it. The log is quiet and the Wi-Fi is better from what I see here with my test clients. You don't need Asuswrt-Merlin for AP mode. And 386.7 Wi-Fi is actually worse than 49447. Many people reverting or going to Asuswrt is understandable.
Thanks!

Out of curiosity I tried a backup of the settings in my freshly installed 386.7_1 (with Firefox 102.0.1 on a Windows 10 PC).

This resulted in a file with the extension ".tar" as well!

However, 7-Zip does not recognize the file as a valid archive...

EDIT: also tried it using Safari on macOS; then it results in a ".CFG" file...
You post prompted me to try - on Linux

Firefox - config - downloaded without a file extension; jffs - tar archive, unpacks OK.

Vivaldi - config - with extension 'cfg'; jffs - tar archive, unpacks OK.

Does anybody see this when looking for logs?
1657502223660.png

Hi, since I upgraded the Ram is 95% on AX86U. Downgraded back to 386.5_2 and I am back to 55% does it make sense? Thx

[Asus router as client] If the OpenVPN profile enables IPv6, then OpenVPN client on Asus router will not work unless IPv6 is enabled on router and vice versa.
This is nothing new and has always been the case. If you connect a client to an IPv6-enabled server, then you must disable IPv6 on the server, or tell the client to ignore IPv6 routes being pushed to it:

Code:
pull-filter ignore "ifconfig-ipv6"
pull-filter ignore "route-ipv6"

IPv6 is simply not supported at all on the client.

Just one curious thing ... I have just created a new config backup trough UI under 386.7. My previous backup had extension CFG and now it had extension TAR.
Works normally for me.

I just hope @RMerlin would disable diagnostic log flood
I have no control over that.

Out of curiosity I tried a backup of the settings in my freshly installed 386.7_1 (with Firefox 102.0.1 on a Windows 10 PC).
Firefox has been doing some weird shirt once again lately. One user for instance was unable to upload a backed up setting due to some new sandboxing done by Firefox, he had the to disable that feature through the about: settings.

Use a browser that works and doesn't constantly randomly break stuff just for the heck of it. Firefox has been a dumpster fire for a few years now, with them arbitrarily hijacking your DNS configuration and now messing with upload/download filenames.

fixed, was using FF but switched to Chrome and now all is 5x5, though I'm sticking with 386.5_2 for now, thanks for your responses.

You're welcome.

Some recent FF feedback:

New MS Edge has been fine and Google-free for me.

OE

This is likely a duplicate question but I cannot find the answer in the forums. Will Merlin support the new GT-AXE16000 router in the future?

See the stickies for that answer.

This is likely a duplicate question but I cannot find the answer in the forums. Will Merlin support the new GT-AXE16000 router in the future?

I have a AX11000 and six XT8. I was on 386.5_2 and thought it very solid, but I never could turn on 160MHz, as it would cause major slowdowns on the wifi. I figured it was probably some incompatibility, so I settled for 20/40/80MHz.

When I upgraded to 386.7, the whole home network bugged out. I decided to do a complete reset of all units and then set up everything from scratch.

Now, everything works flawless, and 160MHz works too.

A corrupt setting or something? I know it's more stable now than before 386.7, so I'm glad.

@RMerlin 386.7_1 can be update, what changes?
If you are asking what changes or updates were made in the 386.7_1 test builds I think RMerlin explained it in the following post earlier in the thread:

If you are asking what changes or updates were made in the 386.7_1 test builds I think RMerlin explained it in the following post earlier in the thread:
Interesting .. search in the thread, for "386.7_1" did not find anything, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!