What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.8 is now available for specific models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

had a free night off and it itches me - so i installed it here.
No issues in the last 1h or so haha

Over 1 day, 386.8_1, all good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220925_091833.jpg
    Screenshot_20220925_091833.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 93
And still no comments what's new... It´s a pity. I will test it when I get more information.

Will there be any support for RT-AX86U Pro?

Is there any release/ update log for this alpha/ test build?
Github, although the latest commit for which this build was compiled (to test an IPv6-related issue with the wireless log) isn't there yet. But every other changes since 386.8 can be seen on Github.

Github, although the latest commit for which this build was compiled (to test an IPv6-related issue with the wireless log) isn't there yet. But every other changes since 386.8 can be seen on Github.

Imagine if you'd just said that to the question 12 posts ago! ;)

After updated to 386.8 FW i did hard reset wps method and see if the problems solved but they did not fixed maybe next firmware's will I'll wait for the next ones @RMerlin thank you for the hard work.

The strange thing is the 10Gbps before in 386.8 beta2 FW the light on the router was white now changed to blue that's just the only change that made in 386.8 FW i think for the problems i have before and i have disconnections like before.

Hello guys how you doing all,

It's been really a while now.
These 3 problems i mentioned before the LEDS, speed regression and the disconnections, what i found that it's from the two ZTE MC7010 outdoor router's, these routers making the disconnections and the speed regression, but why? because they are overheating.
The temp from 40C to 43C normal in a room 22C, but when putting them outside like i did they reaching from 47C to 56C and more our weather really hot, these routers spec maximum temp 55C
i attach zte router spec pdf sheet. That's why disconnecting and the speed reduced so ASUS router not the problem or the firmware like i thought before, but only the LEDS from the firmware and speaking about the LEDS problem ASUS Team fix it for me and they send me firmware GT-AXE16000_9.0.0.4_386_50259 before they release their new firmware, but they didn't merge the fix to the new firmware GT-AXE16000 3.0.0.4.386.50168, maybe in the future i tell them to.

If anyone or RMerlin want the firmware that Asus fix the Leds just let me know thanks.

Now the only solution for these two ZTE routers that in spring i bring them inside put them in my room 22C and when winter come i put them outside that's my only solution. Maybe if someone having that problem he may know now from what.

Waiting for the new Merlin firmware with the Leds fixed by Asus and thanks to RMerlin.

Attachments

• zte-5g-cpe-outdoor-wifi-mc7010-datasheet-by-zte.pdf
    236.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
When can I hope for support in this release of AX86U?

(And I would really, really like to see Merlin on AX55 and AX56v2)

Finally bit the proverbial bullet, had to reboot the router (finish cleaning up after removal of NetData monitoring) and decided to jump on the 388 bandwagon. Upgrading was quick, took a bit after the reboot until I got the GUI back, had me nervous. After it came back had to clean up the Chrome by clearing out cached images and files before the Ethernet Ports section showed up. Other than that no one the wiser everything working so far as I can tell. IoT devices up and running fine. TV's streaming. Tablets and Phones fine. Router Add on scripts running fine (though had to restart scribe/Skynet to get it logging again), and AX86 wired node (on 7.2) came up quickly.

Will test more later tonight...

When can I hope for support in this release of AX86U?

(And I would really, really like to see Merlin on AX55 and AX56v2)
386.8 is only available for these specific models because the goal of this release was to add support for these new models.

There is currently no ETA as to when the next 386 release will come out, all my efforts is currently focused on the 388.1 development.

Well, the WiFi portion is significantly more stable in my scenario. I have several NEST cams and a doorbell, plus I use two old Android Tablets to monitor them. Occasionally there would be a drop in the video feed either the camera dropping or the Tablets dropping/losing connectivity. Having a child with a seizure disorder and using these to keep tabs on him, becomes a little more stressful when the video feed pauses or drops.

I have disabled roaming assistant for both the 2.4 and 5Ghz profiles on the main router (AX88), which hopefully propagated to the AiMesh nodes (AX86). I say hopefully because I have 160Mhz and DFS setup on the AX88 and ChannelHog always says the 160MHz is up, but never on the AiMesh nodes (AX86) and with no visibility no real way to confirm as far as I know. I also have SmartConnect setup using the default rules and I'm sure that hasn't helped. In any case I took the additional step of binding the devices to the specific router/nodes. For example, binding the camera in my sons room to the mesh node in his room, vs seeing it on the other mesh node or router. While not ideal it significantly improved stability but would still get the occasional drop.

Since applying 388, and I recognize its only been 24hours, and Merlin has no visibility into WiFi or AiMesh internals. The WiFi access of all the cameras, and Tablets (where I would notice any drop as the live feed would stop) have been spot on with 100% visibility/reliability with the high quality enabled in the settings. Today (assuming Amazon is on time) I have two new (larger with better resolution) WiFi6 enabled tablets arriving. Based on seeing the iPhones (our and his nurses) connect and leverage the 160Mhz I'm anticipating/hoping for a better picture due to the improved bandwidth. Based on the stability of the 160Mhz/DFS (no radar near me, nearest Airport is 6 miles and a Doppler Radar is about 5, as the crow files - via Google Earth) I'm hoping for success.

Ookla Speedtest on my iPhone (as subjective as this can be I try to closely match the conditions in every run) is netting me an extra 50Mbps to 100Mbps using my carriers server, best so far after multiple runs, letting Ookla pick the test server is ~710Mbps in both directions, more than I need, not complaining.

Still annoying that the WiFi enabled SmartScale (Fitbit Aria 2) is still showing up as wired, but just an annoyance, works and connects fine.

Also use OVPN and its been stable and remains as stable, about 230Mbps up and 165Mbps down, more than adequate for how we're leveraging it.

So far so good, no complaints here... I'll try some other things as my schedule permits.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!