What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 is now available for all supported Wifi 6 models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello,

As for the newest (final) release of 388.1 please be aware / advise about this:

[*] updating AX routers with this fw will disable the Mesh wired connection !! Will only use wifi signal to connect to the mesh. Please take into debugging this as soon as possible if you can.
Even if you set up Backhaul Connection Priority to LAN will just ignore it and will not connect over cable.

Thanks !

In my case:

Image 001.png
Image 002.png

PS: With 386.7_2 mesh can connect over LAN without any problems.

Last edited:
Hello,

As for the newest (final) release of 388.1 please be aware / advise about this:

[*] updating AX routers with this fw will disable the Mesh wired connection !! Will only use wifi signal to connect to the mesh. Please take into debugging this as soon as possible if you can.
Even if you set up Backhaul Connection Priority to LAN will just ignore it and will not connect over cable.

Thanks !

In my case:

View attachment 45946View attachment 45948
Not on my AX88U.

Awesome work here,

I have AX86U as the main router and a AX56U as a mesh. upgraded both to 388.1_beta2 and now they are both stuck on beta2.
Tried to upgrade to beta3 and 4 with zero luck, Just tried to upgrade to 388.1 and same issue.

Upon using the web-UI after the firmware upload the routers reboot but comes back with the beta2 onboard.

Tried factory resetting but still stuck at beta2 firmware.

Any ideas greatly appreciated
Reboot the router and remove USB devices, some say to remove the WAN cable as it's not required for a firmware upgrade, and try again.

First thanks for the upgrade :)
Now question time - I am sorry if this is wrong here.

I have 300 Mps fiber to my ISP.
About 220 Mps with VPN (NordVPN) from my router - AX86U, OpenVPN

What is the better option - OpenVPN or Wireguard regarding speed and security?

If Wireguard is better, is there a how-to? Prefer GUI if possible.

Regards

John
Go to your VPN provider create and download your config file. Import said file to Wireguard and Bob's your uncle.

AX88U*2+ AX56U in AiMesh system is upgraded.
Nothing special to report.

AX56U router ip upgraded, also nothing special to report.
Everything seems to work fine for now.

Will update furthermore

Thanks ! Maybe the AX86U has some incompatibility with AX 88U Mesh since i did not changed anything and it only works over Wifi not LAN.
Since RT-AX86S uses the RT-AX86U firmware ...

Image 003.png

Just upgraded my RT-AX86U. Operational with display issue for the port status. Thank you for all you do Merlin

RT-AX86U_388.1_0 Ethernet Ports Dispaly.jpg

Can it be possible just to "missed" the graphical interface showing the connection ? :))

Image 004.png

If so it's hilarious, because it ... works but it's showing that it's actually not working

Image 005.png

Image 006.png

Just upgraded my RT-AX86U. Operational with display issue for the port status. Thank you for all you do Merlin

View attachment 45951
I had the same thing on my GT-AX6000. I cleared out the cookies and cache to the IPs on Firefox. Its working well now.

It's ... working but i never had any problems at all and 1st time i saw the missing link , well i've started all the investigation and also coming here to the forums to "cry" :)
It shows cable unplugged but all mesh devices work and the settlement is done ... over LAN

With non WiFi 6 models being cut off what is the cheepest Asus router that supports ay least WiFi6?

View attachment 45951
I was seeing this too after I first loaded the firmware in FF.
Now after a clearing browser cache it appears to be working.

1670114116073.png

Just upgraded my RT-AX86U this afternoon. Did a nuclear reset first to get a good state for it. After a few hours everything is still working well… so no more odd Wi-Fi issue that I had on the beta.

It's normal no killswitch on WG profile?
Yes. WireGuard is not a real client/server setup, it's a peer-to-peer type of setup. WireGuard has no concept of a "disconnected client", the interface will stay up until you manually shut it down, regardless of whether the two are able to communicate or not. If the peers are no longer able to communicate, then the traffic will automatically fail to route without the need of a dedicated killswitch.
Just upgraded my RT-AX86U. Operational with display issue for the port status.
Clear your browser cache.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!