What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 Beta is now available for Wifi 6 models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody installed this on ZenWiFi ET8's ?

Not available for ET8 yet. Check the link below after 388.2 stable release.

Has anybody installed this on ZenWiFi ET8's ?
That model is not supported.

Also in the latest beta 2 I can ping OpenVPN clients only when ipv6 is enabled (on rt-ax86u). With ipv6 disabled any client connects but doesn't respond to ping. Something has changed since ovpn 2.6.1 and still broken. Confirmed.
What client is connecting to what server? Who is pinging who?

Need more details.

Just applied Beta 2, immidiately noticed that the flood of back to back non-stop; bsd: bsd: related messages in the log is no longer there (could not make them stop regardless of loglevel), in fact syslog at its most verbose level is eerily quiet. GUI is more responsive, even with logging set to "all". Will load up the scripts I disabled, starting with Scribe/UIScribe tomorrow. So far so good, even the AX86u nodes are more responsive, with all devices connecting to them quickly, based on the order they came up post upgrade/reboot. Then within a few short minutes moving/reconnecting to the nearest node or the one they were bound to. No packet drops on the WAN interface either, hopefully this trend continues tomorrow.

So far, so very very good...

How long on average does a release usually stay in beta before going into final release?

I just ordered myself an AX88U Pro that should get delivered next week & would like to set up with the 388.2 final release when it gets here but I might be too optimistic here...:)

Last edited:
How long on average does a release usually stay in beta before going into to final release?

I just ordered myself an AX88U Pro that should get delivered next week & would like to set up with the 388.2 final release when it gets here but I might be too optimistic here...:)
Can't tell you...it's there when RMerlin decides it's good and done. Be patient and you will be rewarded.

Can someone explain this line in my log? It shows every 15 minutes.

acsd: eth6: COEX: downgraded chanspec 0x1803 (1) to 0x1001 (1): ctrl channel 1 SB not aligned with existing 40BSS

In the DDNS section and using asuscomm server(it doesn't support IPV6), if I toggle IPv6 update to 'Yes" then apply, it doesnt take. I know asuscomm doesnt support IPv6 yet but. @RMerlin is this normal? Maybe, this is true with other servers that is IPv6 capable but I haven't tried it. Can somebody try?

GT-AX6000

Last edited:
Can someone explain this line in my log? It shows every 15 minutes.

acsd: eth6: COEX: downgraded chanspec 0x1803 (1) to 0x1001 (1): ctrl channel 1 SB not aligned with existing 40BSS
The router cannot maintain a 40MHz bandwidth on 2.4GHz. Change the bandwidth to 20MHz and see if the messages go away.

In the DDNS section and using asuscomm server(it doesn't support IPV6), if I toggle IPv6 update to 'Yes" then apply, it doesnt take. I know asuscomm doesnt support IPv6 yet but. @RMerlin is this normal? Maybe, this is true with other servers that is IPv6 capable but I haven't tried it. Can somebody try?

GT-AX6000
Asuscomm is one of the few that supports IPv6. At least it should, the parameter gets passed to it, and I've seen Asus do development on the inadyn plugin for it, but it doesn't seem to work at the moment based on my tests.

However there is a Javascript error on the page preventing from applying settings.

Last edited:
That model is not supported.

What client is connecting to what server? Who is pinging who?

Need more details.
Clients are AsusWRT-Merlin routers based on ovpn 2.4.x and 2.5.x, they create remote tcp/udp subnets, all of them have ipv4 addresses. They are connected to server on main router (rt-ax86u with latest beta). When I connect via ssh to main router and try to ping any of the branches (these client routers) I cannot achieve them until I enable ipv6 on this main router. Then I can ping anything (all devices) in all subnets. If I disable ipv6 on main router then all ping are muted.

GT-AX6000
I can't comment on your specific router & I don't know your specific ISP config etc but, ASUS DDNS IPv4 and IPv6 is all good for me with the setup that I have (forum sig and FTTH Dual Stack IPv4 / IPv6 via ISP). I also use No-IP for DDNS and that too, works on both IPv4 and IPv6.

For reference; I have an **.asus.comm/com DDNS name that's fully operational on both IPv4 & IPv6 all configured via the WebGUI panel. Both can be checked & tested independently and do provide the correct results. AFAIK ASUS did finally resolve everything on their previous long list of IPv6 DDND issues. I only use Merlin firmware releases, so I can't comment on the Stock firmware experience but others can. There was a small IPv6 DDNS related fix that came as part of this beta2 firmware FYI.
Asuscomm is one of the few that supports IPv6. At least it should, the parameter gets passed to it, and I've seen Asus do development on the inadyn plugin for it, but it doesn't seem to work at the moment based on my tests.

However there is a Javascript error on the page preventing from applying settings.
See previous comment @RMerlin but with your current beta2 firmware release, I have no current issues with IPv4 & IPv6 DDNS. My own tests and usage are all good.

I can't comment on your specific router & I don't know your specific ISP config etc but, ASUS DDNS IPv4 and IPv6 is all good for me with the setup that I have (forum sig and FTTH Dual Stack IPv4 / IPv6 via ISP). I also use No-IP for DDNS and that too, works on both IPv4 and IPv6.

For reference; I have an **.asus.comm/com DDNS name that's fully operational on both IPv4 & IPv6 all configured via the WebGUI panel. Both can be checked & tested independently and do provide the correct results. AFAIK ASUS did finally resolve everything on their previous long list of IPv6 DDND issues. I only use Merlin firmware releases, so I can't comment on the Stock firmware experience but others can. There was a small IPv6 DDNS related fix that came as part of this beta2 firmware FYI.
That's well and good if that's the case. Last time whenever I enable IPv6 update, inadyn can't update my IP and just continously trying. However, I saw the changelog for DDNS that's why I want to try and see but if you make a change in the DDNS page then apply it doesn't work. RMerlin is aware of the error and pretty sure will be fix in the next update.

See previous comment @RMerlin but with your current beta2 firmware release, I have no current issues with IPv4 & IPv6 DDNS. My own tests and usage are all good.
Running dig/nslookup on my test router's DDNS only returns the IPv4 even tho the inadyn plugin did push the IPv6 to the server. I don't think it's fully working yet.

AX88U upgraded, all working fine.
One question: what is sysstate process doing - it is occupying 75% CPU time and doing a lot of read from drives. Really irritating ...
1680755104578.png

After hard reset, 24h of running, I reboot the router- when I do, the nodes are treated as normal clients.
for some weird reason, if both Router and AiMesh are not rebooted it does not work.
It'd work normally after I reboot the node.

Did somebody else test it?
That is not usual situation.
I hope it will be fixed before the stable release.

@RMerlin

Edit: after 20m of running, the router located it as AiMesh Node and it fixed itself.
Weird thing indeed.

Not sure if this thing is in RMerlin's control or a bug that may be can raised, but it is a true bug.

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230406_111629_ASUS Router.jpg
    Screenshot_20230406_111629_ASUS Router.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Did somebody else test it?
That is not usual situation.
I hope it will be fixed before the stable release.

@RMerlin

I tried to do that, but I can report that after a simple router reboot, my node reconnects normally and is schown as a node.
Unfortunately, my uptime is of course reset again... :-( ... ;-))

I tried to do that, but I can report that after a simple router reboot, my node reconnects normally and is schown as a node.
Unfortunately, my uptime is of course reset again... :-( ... ;-))

Weird indeed.
Weird bugs here

After hard reset, 24h of running, I reboot the router- when I do, the nodes are treated as normal clients.
for some weird reason, if both Router and AiMesh are not rebooted it does not work.
Where was it shown? Inside Asus-App or also inside website?

Where was it shown? Inside Asus-App or also inside website?

I actually first seen it under web gui, then wanted to double check it.
So I entered the ASUS app and it was same there.
Anyway, whatever issues I had, whenever I had in ASUS app, relflected in the webgui as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.