What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 is now available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my first issue on AX88U. Wifi stopped working, no wifi-signal.
Ethernet/Internet continued working as normal.
Reboot fixed the issue.
Can you share some details about your configuration, what plugins (if any) you use?

Had my first issue on AX88U. Wifi stopped working, no wifi-signal.
Ethernet/Internet continued working as normal.
Reboot fixed the issue.

Happened to me prior to this release, not in this one.
In case you did not reset your AP/router on the upgrade proccess, I suggest you to do so.

It's not that big a deal, but this message can be misleading. It appears when ports aren't at gigabit speed (100mbps or slower).

Even a brand new device might only support 100mbps. Many (even new) TVs only do 100mbps, the Philips Hue lighting system bridge only does 100mbps, etc. In this case, the speed *cannot* be improved, and there is no actual "problem".

Might want to change #4 to "The connected device may not support a gigabit connection."
These messages are set by Asus. RMerlin doesn't touch them because it would be an endless game of whack-a-mole. You need to report it directly to Asus.

@ColinTaylor
I believe that @zorinlynx was stating an observation that the message was misleading, and that there was no issue with the router. Which could help others, before they post an "issue". I noticed that "warning" when I first purchased my 6000.

@ColinTaylor
I believe that @zorinlynx was stating an observation that the message was misleading, and that there was no issue with the router. Which could help others, before they post an "issue". I noticed that "warning" when I first purchased my 6000.
Yes, GT-AX6000 even warns for 1 Gbps device on 2.5 Gbps port, and GT-AXE16000 warns for any device less than 10 Gbps on 10 Gbps port. It is simply a warning in order to optimize device connection speeds whenever possible — nothing more.

@ColinTaylor

Well he finished his post by saying 'Might want to change #4 to "The connected device may not support a gigabit connection."'

To me that sounds like he was asking RMerlin to change message #4. That's what I was replying to.

Happened to me prior to this release, not in this one.
In case you did not reset your AP/router on the upgrade proccess, I suggest you to do so.
Do I need to have the routers connected via ethernet to get them to sync or will a reset and setup with the app work as expected and setup the wireless backhaul correctly without ethernet?

Do I need to have the routers connected via ethernet to get them to sync or will a reset and setup with the app work as expected and setup the wireless backhaul correctly without ethernet?

Mine working with wireless backhaul just fine.

Look at you guys flexing on me. LOL!
Screenshot 2023-06-26 203941.jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-26 204012.jpg

I installed ios 17 beta and now there are web gui errors on the iphone in the router's web interface. Will installing merlin 388-2-2 help fix this?

Attachments

• 20230628_082616000_iOS.jpg
    20230628_082616000_iOS.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 132
I installed ios 17 beta and now there are web gui errors on the iphone in the router's web interface. Will installing merlin 388-2-2 help fix this?
It a beta dude, maybe have fails the ios, not the merlin when stay the final release and the error continue, maybe in that time merlin say something.

That is ONLY iOS related (browser related!), not router FW...
Might check if any and disable dark theme for it..?

That is ONLY iOS related (browser related!), not router FW...
Might check if any and disable dark theme for it..?
It is ONLY iOS 17 related (any browser, any theme). Some kind of incomprehensible system for processing pages and images. This is also noticeable on some other sites (mostly old ones). So I just asked - what if …

@RMerlin today I finally decided to put a fan on my AX11000 and while monitoring the obvious temperature improvements in the temperature chart, I noticed a bug.

The radio's temperatures lines on the graph don't update over time and stay fixed at their initial value:

vJJnfhz.png

@RMerlin today I finally decided to put a fan on my AX11000 and while monitoring the obvious temperature improvements in the temperature chart, I noticed a bug.

The radio's temperatures lines on the graph don't update over time and stay fixed at their initial value:

View attachment 51464
They are not Just stuck, but also bogus your WiFi temps, says it's 4x, but the graf shows 5x+ 😅

Mine works fine, similar hardware but on the GT-AX6000...

But that is Just Asus problem, Merlin can't fix it, write to them! 😉

They are not Just stuck, but also bogus your WiFi temps, says it's 4x, but the graf shows 5x+ 😅

Mine works fine, similar hardware but on the GT-AX6000...

But that is Just Asus problem, Merlin can't fix it, write to them! 😉
They were 5x before I put the fans. The graph is correct in the 1st values but then it never updated once the temperatures lowered. If I refresh the page the graph will show the new current value for those and then get stucked again. This is a problem in the graph itself and not in the reporting.

Got it, but still only Asus can help...😅

Status
Not open for further replies.