What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 is now available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I see also with it off still works.

I'm watching a twitch stream on my desktop

View attachment 49299

That also looks correct.
The difference if you enable Apps analysis is that it then breaks down all the detailed use per client, not only the total amount of bandwidth used per client...

Last edited:
That also looks correct.
The difference if you enable Apps analysis is that it then breaks down all the detailed use per client, not only the total amount of bandwidth used...
This I know :)

Dirty upgrade from 388.2_beta2 to 388.2 performed this morning and, this time, did not forgot to first stop unbound (had to reformat my USB key since unbound could no longer be re-installed). No issues to report at this time with my GT-AX6000 router.

As an observation (since previously reported by @Dedel66 and @shabbs), the QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor is still working for me (like in 388.2_beta1 and beta2) without Apps analysis enabled:
View attachment 49292

Thanks again @RMerlin.
I checked mine... dials not working with Apps analysis off, as it was with the Beta. Weird. I have to toggle it on to get them to work.

I checked mine... dials not working with Apps analysis off, as it was with the Beta. Weird. I have to toggle it on to get them to work.
Is that for both of your routers or only on your GT-AX6000?

I think the QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor only correctly works if you toggle QOS or Apps analysis to on. The Trendmicro BWDPI has to be activated to identify all network traffic. Or something like that.

I only have the one router - the GT-AX6000. Rest are in AP mode.

So, pretty sure I've only noticed this on the new GT-AX6000. My old RT-AX86U, when it was my main router, didn't need the Apps Analysis turned on. Starting to think that something was "set" on the old router that caused it to stick like that through all the dirty upgrades. Meh. It is what it is.

Just for the info, this release works with openvpn server and its clients properly, I can ping all clients even when ipv6 is completely disabled. I am still on the same setup, dirty flash over beta 2. Thanks.

I think the QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor only correctly works if you toggle QOS or Apps analysis to on. The Trendmicro BWDPI has to be activated to identify all network traffic. Or something like that.
I've always interpreted the documentation as the dials should work all the time, but if you wanted to see the detailed app analysis - you needed to flip that toggle.

See here: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/support/FAQ/1008717/

@bluepoint
You had some IPv6 DDNS issues when running the previous beta2 release of this firmware, but at that time, others (including me) for various reasons, did not.
You were prevented from properly testing things because of a javascript error that was present at that time, in that release.
IPv6 DDNS works perfectly for me, as it did in that previous beta2 release and as indeed, everything else in my setup does, with this official 388.2 release.
Has this official 388.2 release (c/w its javascript correction) now solved those IPv6 DNS issues for you?

Updated my AX88U this morning from 388.1 to .2 - all good during the day!
'Feels' smooth and fast - especially OpenVPN raised in speed!

@bluepoint
You had some IPv6 DDNS issues when running the previous beta2 release of this firmware, but at that time, others (including me) for various reasons, did not.
You were prevented from properly testing things because of a javascript error that was present at that time, in that release.
IPv6 DDNS works perfectly for me, as it did in that previous beta2 release and as indeed, everything else in my setup does, with this official 388.2 release.
Has this official 388.2 release (c/w its javascript correction) now solved those IPv6 DNS issues for you?
It's still not working. Once I enable IPv6 update i got the following repeatedly.
Apr 13 19:37:45 rc_service: httpds 2689:notify_rc restart_ddns
Apr 13 19:37:45 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: restart ddns)
Apr 13 19:37:45 ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an WAN IPv6 address.(10)
Apr 13 19:38:11 watchdog: start ddns.
Apr 13 19:38:11 rc_service: watchdog 2699:notify_rc start_ddns watchdog
Apr 13 19:38:11 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start ddns)
Apr 13 19:38:11 ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an WAN IPv6 address.(9)
Apr 13 19:38:41 watchdog: start ddns.
Apr 13 19:38:41 rc_service: watchdog 2699:notify_rc start_ddns watchdog
Apr 13 19:38:41 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start ddns)
Apr 13 19:38:41 ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an WAN IPv6 address.(8)
Apr 13 19:39:11 watchdog: start ddns.
Apr 13 19:39:11 rc_service: watchdog 2699:notify_rc start_ddns watchdog
Apr 13 19:39:11 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start ddns)
Apr 13 19:39:11 ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an WAN IPv6 address.(7)
Apr 13 19:39:41 watchdog: start ddns.
Apr 13 19:39:41 rc_service: watchdog 2699:notify_rc start_ddns watchdog
Apr 13 19:39:41 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start ddns)
Apr 13 19:39:41 ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an WAN IPv6 address.(6)
Apr 13 19:40:11 watchdog: start ddns.
Apr 13 19:40:11 rc_service: watchdog 2699:notify_rc start_ddns watchdog
Apr 13 19:40:11 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start ddns)
Apr 13 19:40:11 ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an WAN IPv6 address.(5)
Apr 13 19:40:41 watchdog: start ddns.
Apr 13 19:40:41 rc_service: watchdog 2699:notify_rc start_ddns watchdog
Apr 13 19:40:41 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start ddns)
Apr 13 19:40:41 ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an WAN IPv6 address.(4)
Apr 13 19:41:11 watchdog: start ddns.
Apr 13 19:41:11 rc_service: watchdog 2699:notify_rc start_ddns watchdog
Apr 13 19:41:11 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start ddns)
Apr 13 19:41:11 ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an WAN IPv6 address.(3)
Apr 13 19:41:41 watchdog: start ddns.
Apr 13 19:41:41 rc_service: watchdog 2699:notify_rc start_ddns watchdog
Apr 13 19:41:41 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start ddns)
Apr 13 19:41:41 ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an WAN IPv6 add
I don't know what's wrong but I'm just fine with IPv4 updating for now until it's sorted out, what's important is the host name is updated with the IPv4 IP. I'll try to reregister my host name when I get a chance later on maybe.

Last edited:

Perhaps hardware specific:

1681431154395.png

RT-AX86U

It's still not working. Once I enable IPv6 update i got the following repeatedly.
~
So it's not an issue, specific to this official 388.2 firmware release then, but FWIW that line in your logs;
Code:
ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an WAN IPv6 address
looks pretty similar to an error that was identified and fixed in this post (and this conclusion may / may not be relevant to your setup)
Caveat: Different routers / ISPs etc may also be involved!

So it's not an issue, specific to this official 388.2 firmware release then, but FWIW that line in your logs;
Code:
ddns: eth0 has not yet obtained an WAN IPv6 address
looks pretty similar to an error that was identified and fixed in this post (and this conclusion may / may not be relevant to your setup)
Caveat: Different routers / ISPs etc may also be involved!
I believe that's exactly my situation I'll try to follow but I'm very dumb doing this stuffs.:)

Upgraded from beta2 to 388.2 last night and it's been running fine since.

But this morning, I noticed the upgrade available "Bell" was flashing. I clicked on it out of curiosity and then on the "Upgrade available" button on the next screen and it loaded new SW onto my Aimesh node. Wasn't expecting that!

The node (AC86U) is now on 3.0.0.4.386_51529, up from 51525
Seems to be OK so far.
Interesting. I got the blinking bell and I couldn't figure out why because I had upgraded my AX86S to Beta 2. Trend Micro signature is also current. I have an AC1900P which is being used as an AP on another network in my home double NATed behind the AX86S. It is connected using an Ethernet cable to a Netgear R7000 running Tomato. Somehow the AX86S was keeping track of the AC1900P as a potential mesh node. That problem seems to have been mostly eliminated with Beta 2 on the AX86S and 386.10 on the AC1900P but maybe not completely.

In my opinion Mesh on ASUS routers has made setting up a simple AP using a repurposed ASUS router more confusing. The latest updates seemed to improve on this but I'm still looking on how to stop the blinking bell on the AX86S even though the firmware on both the AX86S and the AC1900P are the most current.

If it gets to the point where I can stand the blinking bell then I will do a factory reset on both the AX86S and the AC1900P and see if the blinking bell stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.