What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 is now available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll add my name to the list of a successful "dirty" upgrade from 388.1. I rebooted, unmounted my USB drive, flashed and rebooted again. This morning after 16 hours and a couple hours of actual use, I rebooted again. No issues as far as I can tell. The parental controls function, which mysteriously stopped working under one of the 386.x versions, still doesn't work but I'm too lazy to do a hard reset which presumably would fix it.

Uptime 29 hours. All good.

Last edited:
Ps: you really thought about everything man.... /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf.
So not only append but replace remove etc!! Nice!👌

Asus AX11000 Pro, works fine for me.
Still the 5GHz LED's remain on even when the radio is disabled.

. . . rolling right along after a squeaky-clean (hard reset) update.

for perspective, i had a mountain of vpn problems with 388.1. the stockware worked ok but i did not care for their vpn ui so i reverted to 386.72 and was quite happy. took the dive today on 388.2.

fwiw, i run meshless with wired/wireless clients using several static ip's and unique ssids with one 2.4 guest defined. based on what i've read so far i can report the following:
  • adaptive qos "Bandwidth Monitor" & analyzer "Traffic Monitor" work fine
  • router-enabled nordvpn ~ 50% slower - a significant decrease
  • client-connect time has improved on both bands
while the vpn speeds are disappointing, the 4k tvs don't mind. i had been hesitant to take the dive after reading about ARP problems but all's relatively well here. trend micro add-ons are disabled - it's personal. i have a business familiarity with the company going back a decade or so, and while nothing on toward took place, rest assured, much like facebook, they are collecting that data for a reason. they are a very tech-savvy company where big data is alive and well!.

Bug report:
When I reboot the AX86U with 388.2, i cannot access my mac mini (which is behind a mullvad wireguard vpn client set up on the router and controlled through VPN Director) outdoors through my phone using wireguard to connect to the router, unless I go to VPN Director immedistely after reboot and disable/re-enable the Mullvad Wireguard Client in VPN Director. When this is done, i can access the mac mini all i want from my phone outdoors. Seems to be an error somehwere with the automatic booting of the wireguard client when the router boots?

Hope this made some sense.

Dirty upgrade, lost my aimesh node, both AX86U's.....
NM, cookin with grease now.

Last edited:
Wait for what exactly?

36 hours later, my static ARP entry is still there.

This is not a general firmware issue.

There might be a total of 10 users that for some reason need ARP static entries. 99.9% of users will never need that, and it's been shown that that issue does not happen to everyone either.
you do a heck of a job - not being critical... I'd like to know what the issue is - as some users reporting weren't verbose regarding models they were using and/or their configs...

AX88U. Only thing not working for me (also in the beta's) is the internet-speedtest - it does test the speed ok, but cannot complete the whole test.

Clean install on Wednesday evening as I wanted to swap out the ssd. No problems to report - yes I'm boring.
Interestingly the built-in speedtest is working fine for me, as is everything else I use.
Two words - Great Work!

Install Saturday but having trouble with my open vpn. I'm getting "error - check configuration!" everything's setup the same as it was on the previous firmware.

Install Saturday but having trouble with my open vpn. I'm getting "error - check configuration!" everything's setup the same as it was on the previous firmware.
I think you should take a look at the router system log, which may describe the error in details.

probably due to an invalid argument in OpenVPN 2.6 ; check compression parameter or better, regenerate your ovpn file from your VPN provider making sure it is 2.6 version.

I regenerated file from VPN but still same issue. On system log i got " options error: unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in config.ovpn:44: key-size (2.6.2).

I regenerated file from VPN but still same issue. On system log i got " options error: unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in config.ovpn:44: key-size (2.6.2).

Dirty upgrade from 386.7.2

3hr 15m uptime so far and no complaints from the wife or little man! DDNS and VPN's all seem to be working just fine.

Cheers @RMerlin

Bit

Dirty upgraded on RT-AX68U from 388.1
  • AiMesh with RT-AC66UB1 node on latest ASUS FW 386.51255
  • OpenVPN Server
  • Diversion/Skynet/FlexQoS
All appears totally hunky dory after couple days. 👍

Dirty upgrade attempt of my AX16000 from 388.1.

After updating GT-AXE16000_388.2_0.zip both the normal and the ROG (got to try something) fail and my router remains on 388.1.

Also I downloaded both from the primary as the secondary download site.

Did anyone have success om the 16000?

AX88U. Only thing not working for me (also in the beta's) is the internet-speedtest - it does test the speed ok, but cannot complete the whole test.
Use the speedtest.net app from your device.

Status
Not open for further replies.