What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.3 is now available for the RT-AX88U_Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the /jffs/scripts/ directory is empty, shouldn't there be script here?
No. This is where you will create the scripts that you need, the firmware itself does not use any script out of the box.

perfect, thank you very much, I can think of a notification in telegram and enable the swap at startup.

Thanks @RMerlin

Interesting that in the notes for 3.0.0.4.388.23110, Asus says to factory reset to apply the changes.
That's a good spot thanks
ASUS RT-AX88U Pro will qualify for the ‘Engineered for Intel® Evo™’ designation only when used with firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23110 or greater. Please download that update to ensure the best experience in compatibility and performance. After Firmware upgrade, please do factory reset to apply the changes.
@RMerlin will a factory reset with 388.3 apply the new defaults or whatever Asus know has changed?

@RMerlin will a factory reset with 388.3 apply the new defaults or whatever Asus know has changed?
I have no idea what changes might require it.

I have no idea what changes might require it.
OK thanks, as they were so specific I didn't know whether you would have to adjust the default settings you apply, or even if they might have pushed an update like they have in the past when storage gets resized or similar that might not be included in your build.

I will try a reset anyway.

Hi @RMerlin, I have to do something in particular, so that at each startup it executes the script that is in /jffs/scripts/.
should it have some particular name, or configure it somewhere else?

Currently, at each startup, it does not run it, it ignores it completely.

Greetings

Bash:
root@RT-AX88U_Pro:/jffs# cd scripts/
root@RT-AX88U_Pro:/jffs/scripts# ls -l
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            41 Jun 12 15:38 post-mount
root@RT-AX88U_Pro:/jffs/scripts# cat post-mount
#!/bin/sh

swapon /tmp/mnt/sda1/file.swp

root@RT-AX88U_Pro:/jffs/scripts# ls -l /tmp/mnt/sda1/file.swp
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root     2097152000 Jun 12 15:12 /tmp/mnt/sda1/file.swp

OK thanks, as they were so specific I didn't know whether you would have to adjust the default settings you apply, or even if they might have pushed an update like they have in the past when storage gets resized or similar that might not be included in your build.

I will try a reset anyway.
Check the system log to see if it confirms seeing the script or not.

No trace in the syslog of the script...

It works, it works if you launch it manually, but automatic nothing at all, that's why I have the doubt of if it is necessary to touch some parameter in another place so that the script loads it at the beginning.

It works, it works if you launch it manually, but automatic nothing at all, that's why I have the doubt of if it is necessary to touch some parameter in another place so that the script loads it at the beginning.
When the router sees the script, it will create a log entry for it. It will also notify you if you forgot to enable the option to execute custom scripts.

When the router sees the script, it will create a log entry for it. It will also notify you if you forgot to enable the option to execute custom scripts.
Where in the menu is the option to run custom scripts?
I just restarted it, and it wrote this in the syslog.

Code:
custom_script: Found post-mount, but custom script execution is disabled!
1686755429218.png

Update!!! Found, I test...
1686755640148.png

Last edited:
Asuswrt-Merlin 388.3 is now available for the RT-AX88U_Pro. The goal of this release is to add support for a new hardware revision.

Code:
388.3 (9-June-2023)
  - NOTE: This release is only available for the RT-AX88U_Pro.

- NEW: Merged with GPL 388_23110, adding support for a new
         RT-AX88U PRO hardware revision.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
hello, thanks ! I apparently have a display problem at the "VPN" level. best regards !

Attachments

• par défaut.jpg
    par défaut.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 55
Welcome to the forums @fanasus.

Have you tried clearing the browser cache? Or forcing a refresh via CTRL F5? Or using a different browser (at least to test)?

Welcome to the forums @fanasus.

Have you tried clearing the browser cache? Or forcing a refresh via CTRL F5? Or using a different browser (at least to test)?
Hello, yes but its the same (with Firefox, safari cleaning cache)

From which version did you upgrade to this firmware? And when you did, did you perform a full reset after flashing the firmware, followed by a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP? Without using a saved backup config file and/or without inserting a USB drive you've previously used for scripts/amtm, that you haven't formatted to NTFS on a PC, first?

From which version did you upgrade to this firmware? And when you did, did you perform a full reset after flashing the firmware, followed by a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP? Without using a saved backup config file and/or without inserting a USB drive you've previously used for scripts/amtm, that you haven't formatted to NTFS on a PC, first?
no.. I took the router out of its package, and updated it with Asuswrt-Merlin "388.3", and loaded my configuration from an ASUS RT-AX86S - and sorry about "scripts/amtm", I’m new to ASUS routers, and I don’t know what you want to explain to me

- if I understood correctly, I have to reset the original router, then change the access to the router, connect to the Internet (I have the firmware Asuswrt-Merlin "388.3" on the computer, so no need to connect specifically to the Internet??). then flash the router with Asuswrt-Merlin "388.3", then manually redo my personal configuration (without loading a previous configuration).

But ! where is "WireGuard" ??

Last edited:
This is where you have royally messed up your router.

Not only did you not do a full reset to factory defaults, after loading the firmware you want to use. You further crippled the new router by loading a backup config file from another router and another firmware version.

You do not need to be connected to the internet to configure a router (at least partially) and then secure it.

Remove all USB devices you have plugged into the router currently. I would also remove all LAN and WAN cables too.

Perform the reset method suggested for your particular model (be sure to print out this information for future reference).

Now, WITHOUT using a backup config file, and WITHOUT using a USB drive that previously held amtm/scripts (see below for amtm and script support, built into RMerlin firmware), minimally and manually configure the router to secure it and connect to your ISP.

Use the links below to get your reset router to a good/known state after a full reset (as above).

Note that toggling options on/off are NOT the same as leaving those options off in the first place. The easiest and fastest way to get the router back to a good/known state where it is stable, reliable and options work as intended is to do the full reset procedure outlined above once more.

Once the above process is completed successfully, you should have all the options and features you expect.

hello @L&LD , many thanks for your post !!
but for now, every time I reload "merlin", after doing a "hard reset" and without loading my personal configuration, the same problem comes up, while when I put back the original firmware, everything comes back to normal.
- I will try to come back to your method later, I will stay for the moment with the original firmware. thank you again and I keep your post to check it out again. thank you and have a good day!

I'm not sure about your terms 'reload merlin', but I believe you're not following the steps I've outlined correctly.

Maybe try and print some of the posts and links I've supplied and go through them slowly, and methodically.

Wishing you a great day too. Good luck!

I'm not sure about your terms 'reload merlin', but I believe you're not following the steps I've outlined correctly.

Maybe try and print some of the posts and links I've supplied and go through them slowly, and methodically.

Wishing you a great day too. Good luck!
thanks a lot for your monitoring

I've noticed the FAQ was updated recently.

Factory reset is recommended after firmware update, but it was there before:

View attachment 50889

This is something new I don't remember seeing before:

View attachment 50890

It means officially the router may auto upgrade even with Auto Firmware Upgrade set to OFF in settings.

interesting… I wonder what happens if you don’t reset. I did a dirty upgrade of 388.3 the day it dropped and still no issues. I’m hesitant to reset as it would take at least an hour to reconfigure with all the custom settings / entware.

Status
Not open for further replies.