What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.3 is now available for the RT-AX88U_Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 388.3 is now available for the RT-AX88U_Pro. The goal of this release is to add support for a new hardware revision.

Code:
388.3 (9-June-2023)
  - NOTE: This release is only available for the RT-AX88U_Pro.

- NEW: Merged with GPL 388_23110, adding support for a new
         RT-AX88U PRO hardware revision.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Thanks, uneventful update. I will advise if any issues appear.

Thanks, uneventful update here as well

Thank you @RMerlin ! Install with no problems and router seems to be running smooth.

Does anyone know when VLAN support will be available for the Pro models. I noticed it is still not available with the latest GPL under LAN ->VLAN has shown in Asus documentation.

The VLAN functions are in the beta versions of Asus, 9.0.0.6.102.4856.

I understand that until they do not release a stable version of these versions, @RMerlin, will not publish a release with them.

@azagramac, to be clear, RMerlin needs the GPL code to drop before he can begin his work. It is not dependent on the mere release of the firmware, released/stable or not (your sentence structure in your post above has me scratching my head...).

Does anyone know when VLAN support will be available for the Pro models
That won't happen until the move to the new 3.0.0.6 codebase. While I do have an early ETA from Asus, you have to consider on top of that that it implies that I'll need the new 3.0.0.6 GPL, to evaluate the feasability of merging it (it will be a major change over 3.0.0.4), and if I go ahead with it how long it will take for me to merge and test it.

In the best of scenarios, that won't happen for months.

Add one more successful and uneventful update.
Thanks @RMerlin.

That won't happen until the move to the new 3.0.0.6 codebase. While I do have an early ETA from Asus, you have to consider on top of that that it implies that I'll need the new 3.0.0.6 GPL, to evaluate the feasability of merging it (it will be a major change over 3.0.0.4), and if I go ahead with it how long it will take for me to merge and test it.

In the best of scenarios, that won't happen for months.
I have to say, I'm curious on the Asus numbering convention if a ...2 jump is a major change! Admittedly I don't follow their numbering schemes too closely but what happened to the likes of major/minor/patch?

Or does this come back to a previous discussion on completely giving up trying to make sense of version numbers and Asus would rather their customers just upgraded thinking "nothing to see here"?

The VLAN functions are in the beta versions of Asus, 9.0.0.6.102.4856.

I understand that until they do not release a stable version of these versions, @RMerlin, will not publish a release with them.
Interesting that in the notes for 3.0.0.4.388.23110, Asus says to factory reset to apply the changes.

I have to say, I'm curious on the Asus numbering convention if a ...2 jump is a major change! Admittedly I don't follow their numbering schemes too closely but what happened to the likes of major/minor/patch?

Not every developer sticks to the same versioning scheme. It largely depends on development workflowy. Version string components can reflect the product version, the code branch, separate projects, build revision, etc...

Last time Asus bumped the fwversion (the 3.x.y.z portion) was back in 2012, when they went from 3.0.0.3 to 3.0.0.4 following the RT-N66U nvram resize, if I remember correctly.

Asus says to factory reset to apply the changes.

I've noticed the FAQ was updated recently.

Factory reset is recommended after firmware update, but it was there before:

1686532919742.png

This is something new I don't remember seeing before:

1686532961330.png

It means officially the router may auto upgrade even with Auto Firmware Upgrade set to OFF in settings.

I've noticed the FAQ was updated recently.

Factory reset is recommended after firmware update, but it was there before:

View attachment 50889

This is something new I don't remember seeing before:

View attachment 50890

It means officially the router may auto upgrade even with Auto Firmware Upgrade set to OFF in settings.

Updated June 9th and that note is interesting, I don’t remember seeing that either.

I'm posting it in ASUSWRT - Official forum so the folks know about this possibility. It may save further questions.

Another reason for some to switch to Asuswrt-Merlin firmware, I guess. :)

Hi @RMerlin, a question... the /jffs/scripts/ directory is empty, shouldn't there be script here? I have v388.3, NVRAM has been deleted before installation, and after installing Merlin.

I want to enable the swap at startup, but I think I remember a /jffs/scripts/post-mount...

I also miss in the menu enable scripts, I can't find it.

Bash:
root@RT-AX88U_Pro:/jffs# ls
addons          cert.tgz        nmp_cl_json.js  openvpn         usericon
asd             configs         nmp_vc_json.js  scripts         wglst
asd.log         curllst         nvram           signature       wlcnt.json
ca_files        curllst.1       nvram_war       syslog.log
root@RT-AX88U_Pro:/jffs# ls -l scripts/
root@RT-AX88U_Pro:/jffs#

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.