What's new

AdGuardHome Asuswrt-Merlin-AdGuardHome-Installer (AMAGHI) cont.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No issue here. I try both tls://dns.quad9.net and https://dns.quad9.net/dns-query one at a time. Did you run it from your client device?

View attachment 47476

Another way of verification. You can install tcpdump from Entware.
Code:
opkg install tcpdump
Then, do a packet dump on port 853 or 443. It is easier to see with TLS port 853. With DOH (port 443), you may capture all https traffic including DOH.
Code:
tcpdump -i any -p port 853
tcpdump -i any -p port 443

It looks something like this with TLS:
Code:
Out IP <wan ip>.48055 > dns9.quad9.net.853: Flags [R.], seq 25, ack 25, win 769, options [nop,nop,TS val 2724917 ecr 1024403675], length 0
In  IP dns9.quad9.net.853 > <wan ip>.48055: Flags [R], seq 1741341273, win 0, length 0

Edit: I think the easiest way is to look at AGH query log.
View attachment 47478

I can see it getting processed in AGH as being sent over to the DoH /DoT server, but it’s strange the CMD result says it’s going as plain dns.

I have ran AdGuardHome in the past on my RT-AC86U and it ran perfectly.

My new RT-AX86U Pro on the otherhand does not like it. No matter what I try (all the previous suggestions in this thread) I continue to have the missing python error and I cannot login to the admin web interface.

I figure it’s an issue with this new platform and hopefully someone smarter than me will get it sorted out. :)

Further information. I get this error during install.

/opt/etc/AdGuardHome/installer: line 1112: python: not found

Further information. I get this error during install.

/opt/etc/AdGuardHome/installer: line 1112: python: not found
Just making a wild stab, but how about trying to install the python package manually first, before running the AGH installer?

Code:
opkg update

opkg install python3

Just making a wild stab, but how about trying to install the python package manually first, before running the AGH installer?

Code:
opkg update

opkg install python3
Tried that and it reported that python was on the latest version already.

Tried that and it reported that python was on the latest version already.
Maybe uninstall Python, then try to reinstall AGH, as it should try to install Python if it doesn't see it?

Maybe uninstall Python, then try to reinstall AGH, as it should try to install Python if it doesn't see it?
Done... same results.....

FYI, I put my old AC86U online and it installed and runs without any issues... go figure... :)

For now, I just use the DNS Director and point to the AdGuard Ad Block DNS. It works.

Last edited:

FWI, I put my old AC86U online and it installed and runs without any issues... go figure... :)

For now, I just use the DNS Director and point to the AdGuard Ad Block DNS. It works.
Try

opkg install python3 python3-pip python3-bcrypt --force-reinstall manually from the command line

FWI, I put my old AC86U online and it installed and runs without any issues... go figure... :)

If you get a wget error then you need to do this in the command line and rerun the command in the previous post.

PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/opt/sbin:/opt/bin:$PATH; opkg update; opkg install python3 python3-pip python3-bcrypt --force-reinstall

Last edited:
Tried these suggestions and still the same issue, unable to login to AdGuard Home.

I guess there is something in this new architecture that is not compatible.

Oh well, not getting rid of the RT-AX86U Pro because of this.

Everything else is working great. :)

Tried these suggestions and still the same issue, unable to login to AdGuard Home.

It would be fascinating to find out if there are any other AX86U Pro users out there having trouble with AGH?

I am running test with the AX88U Pro (Another Pro Addition), and no issues. I am able to log into adguardhome and everything. So I am chalking this up to be an issues specifically experienced only by you and not something I can otherwise reproduce myself. The only way I can reproduce this issue is if my entware is corrupt or I am running the wrong Architecture of Entware with my setup.

I wonder if it’s related to my Dual WAN or the two scripts I have running?

When I had the python not found error it was due to my routers Path not being set correctly, by adjusting using
Code:
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/opt/sbin:/opt/bin:$PATH; opkg update; opkg install python3 python3-pip python3-bcrypt --force-reinstall
and then reinstalling with a clean install using the installer, the issue went away.

No, it is related to the Architecture change your entware experienced when you switched from the Non-pro edition to the pro edition.
Can you elaborate on this? This router was setup from ”scratch”. I did an intial base setup, updated to Merlin 388.2, did a full reset. I then did a format on the usb ssd drive before proceeding to do the amtm entware install and setup.

This is my current Path settings:

RT-AX86U_Pro-B190:/tmp/home/root# echo $PATH
/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/home/Smokey613:/mmc/sbin:/mmc/bin:/mmc/usr/sbin:/mmc/usr/bin:/opt/sbin:/opt/bin:/opt/usr/sbin:/opt/usr/bin

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!