What's new

AT&T Hotspot to USB Tether Asus AC66

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

killerbeez

New Around Here
Hey guys I'm trying to help a friend USB tether his AT&T Unite Pro (netgear 6174A) Wifi hotspot because where he lives they only have 3mb speed internet but 10 - 20mbps AT&T service
anyone have any advice on settings to use? The autoconfiguration doesnt set it up. It also asks for dial number, name and password, etc. I tried leaving blank to no avail and theres very little i can find online
thanks so much in advance for any advice!

If you can't figure it out, your friend could always pick up the cradle they sell for that hotpsot, which includes an enet port you can then just plug into your router's WAN port:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QIH1CWO/?tag=snbforums-20

Awesome find!!! Good to know as backup. I still wanna try the router because we only have 2 more days to return the hotspot if I can't get it to work but if worse comes to worst I can try and have them return and rebuy as its not a contract it was a flat out device buy
Thanks for the awesome input

No problem at all. I just purchased one of those Unite Pro's for my girlfriend and she lives in a marginal LTE signal area, so I had been researching external antennas to boost the signal when I came across this great solution. I haven't purchased one yet, but plan to soon. The reviews on Amazon seem pretty good, so I am hopeful it will work as advertised.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!