What's new

August Connect issue?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Neeham

New Around Here
Does anyone have a Smart lock by August with the August Connect device?

For the past 3 days I was trying to set it up to my router but it kept failing.
I thought maybe the device was defective. Today I decided to set it up again but instead of connecting it to my RT-AC5300 router I decided to connect to my Modem/Router device Home Hub 3000.

Surprisingly, it connected to it wireless. I tried again to connect to the RT-AC5300 it fails to connect. I tried it on both on 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz separately with no luck. I also factory reset my RT-AC5300 yesterday after upgrading the firmware to 284.7_2. Still no luck. I have also manually assigned the Mac Address of the device in the router but still not luck.

Anyone who owns an August Connect and also has the same issue? Did you mange to find a workaround?

I have 2 August smartlock pro but only one is connected through the connect and I ma using an RT-ac5300, it been working proper for over 6 month with no issue. You might want to go into your 2.4 setting and disable airtime fairness. Before disabling that I had many issues with all of my home automation on 2.4 wireless.

I have 2 August smartlock pro but only one is connected through the connect and I ma using an RT-ac5300, it been working proper for over 6 month with no issue. You might want to go into your 2.4 setting and disable airtime fairness. Before disabling that I had many issues with all of my home automation on 2.4 wireless.

Thank you for your reply.

I already have that disabled yet I am having the issue.

It's weird like it doesn't connect at first then I click try again and it says it's connected but it's not.

did you try with same SSID, password, channel, bandwith, authentication method as on modemrouter?

Have you had any luck with this? I am facing the exactly same problem.
Hey! I haven't really had time to fully looked into it. I have paired it with my modem instead of my router which is running Merlin. It works perfectly fine on my modem.
If I am not mistake, during my test I was able to resolve the issue by removing the custom DNS I had set myself. I just tried it for 24 hrs and it seemed to be working perfectly fine but afterward I switched it back onto the modem because I didn't want my family to have any issue while I was at school. Remove any custom DNS your using and try it for couple of days. Let me know how it goes? Thanks in advance and good luck! :)

Hey! I haven't really had time to fully looked into it. I have paired it with my modem instead of my router which is running Merlin. It works perfectly fine on my modem.
If I am not mistake, during my test I was able to resolve the issue by removing the custom DNS I had set myself. I just tried it for 24 hrs and it seemed to be working perfectly fine but afterward I switched it back onto the modem because I didn't want my family to have any issue while I was at school. Remove any custom DNS your using and try it for couple of days. Let me know how it goes? Thanks in advance and good luck! :)

Hey Neeham, thanks for coming back to provide insights. I currently do not have any custom DNS. The DNS Server option is blank.

I have the DDNS service turned on, I will disable it and give it a try.

Hey Neeham, thanks for coming back to provide insights. I currently do not have any custom DNS. The DNS Server option is blank.

I have the DDNS service turned on, I will disable it and give it a try.

Hi Cloaky,

Give it a try and let me know!

Also ensure under Lan -> DNSFilter -> Enable DNS-based Filtering is set to OFF