What's new

ax-xt8 wifi drop & slow mesh wifi speed [user issue or misleading ads]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

9bryan

New Around Here
recently i helped my friends to fix their wifi issue of xt8 and xd6, he was experiencing wifi drop with his xt8 few months back until now,
then another coworker of mine who is not particularly IT savvy using xd6 was experiencing the same wifi drop issue too

upon helping both of them, i notice a common user error setting up mesh wifi, all of the mesh routers were too far away, average between 75 dBm - 83 dBm for the wifi backhaul
after relocating all the mesh wifi router to a closer proximity, with wifi backhaul signal authenticating around 50 dBm - 60 dBm
all the wifi drop issue gone

then another showed up with another aimesh wifi drop, its the same user issue, which told me asus helpdesk asked him to place his wifi router as far from each other as possible
then another with slow wifi speed who is not using asus brand devices; weak wifi backhaul signal causes slow network speed, which the helpdesk ask him to do the same too

is this common user issue when setting up mesh wifi devices
or it is just manufacturers ads mislead consumers to believe mesh wifi should setup as far away from each other to obtain max coverage sacrificing speed and stability?

Someone else mentioned that because the 2 nodes use the SAME frequencies for the non-link signals that keeping them far away can keep one 5ghz channel from clashing with the other. Which explains why you only set it once, not once per device. But... honestly I WOULD like to set it different on each so they can co exist. You can't keep the base and nose close for good 6ghz backhaul while keeping them far away to avoid overlapping of 5 and 2.4ghz. I think the ultimate solution is find a way to get ethernet to both, and sparate them for best coverage and so they don't battle each other. Which to me... doesn't sound like much of an AI Mesh, but simply how one should get 2 routers to work in 1 house... If we have to keep them apart, what in the world makes AIMesh special AT ALL?! And if they don't work when too close.... same question.

Someone else mentioned that because the 2 nodes use the SAME frequencies for the non-link signals that keeping them far away can keep one 5ghz channel from clashing with the other. Which explains why you only set it once, not once per device. But... honestly I WOULD like to set it different on each so they can co exist. You can't keep the base and nose close for good 6ghz backhaul while keeping them far away to avoid overlapping of 5 and 2.4ghz. I think the ultimate solution is find a way to get ethernet to both, and sparate them for best coverage and so they don't battle each other. Which to me... doesn't sound like much of an AI Mesh, but simply how one should get 2 routers to work in 1 house... If we have to keep them apart, what in the world makes AIMesh special AT ALL?! And if they don't work when too close.... same question.
5GHz-1 only uses the lower band and 5GHz-2 uses the upper band so they don't interfere with each other.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/new-asus-zenwifi-et8-with-wifi-6e.73068/post-703802

No, I mean the aimesh node downstairs uses teh same frequencies for 5Ghz-1 and 5Ghz-2 as the aimesh node upstairs.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!