What's new

AX11000 USB Tethering Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eL777

New Around Here
Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with USB tethering an android phone as a backup internet device to the AX11000 router. I have all the failover and failback settings configured and they work appropriately. The problem I'm having is the failover device (android phone) switches over and provides inconsistent internet. A lot of the times web pages take way too long to load or just hang and then load everything at once. My smart home cameras are inconsistent when connected to the backup as well. I've tried lots of things, different phones, different firmware versions (including most current), router firewall on/off, different versions of android, VPN on android. All in all, though, I'm not that great with networking so I was hoping someone who's smarter knows what could be going on. I noticed that when my phone is tethering, the router shows a WAN IP that is different than the public IP. Even more strange (I think) is that it is a 192.168.x.x IP. I pasted the routing table log below. Does this look normal? Thanks!

upload_2019-9-20_20-43-1.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!