What's new

AX11000 WAN Light RED

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zoulas

Occasional Visitor
This seems to have just started happening. The WAN light turns RED but there is no loss in connectivity. The WEB UI also shows WAN disconnected. The log has no entries in it. I did a ping -t from the router and no packets were dropped when the light was RED. When it turns RED it stays red for several minutes at a time.

Any thoughts?

I just noticed my AX11000 was doing this in the last week or two. Because connectivity isn't affected I didn't look into it until now and your thread popped up on a Google search. As far as I can tell it's only cosmetic, the red light and 'not connected' status in the router setup are just annoying to look at but nothing else. What modem and ISP are you using it with?

I'm on Optimum gig speed with a Netgear CM1000v2. Both router and cable modem are only a month or so old.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of information about this online, so either people aren't noticing or the common link for us is Optimum? Most of the threads I've read where people are getting the red wan light involve actually losing connectivity and don't apply to our situation.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of information about this online, so either people aren't noticing or the common link for us is Optimum? Most of the threads I've read where people are getting the red wan light involve actually losing connectivity and don't apply to our situation.
I was having the same issue 2 days ago with GT-AX11000, which I was planning to sell anyways. I opened the brand new AX86U and same issue. I am with optimum and I was losing internet when the light was red. It was only for few seconds though. I setup dual WAN with a Hotspot and would see WAN disconnect and connect entries at the same time. Called Optimum and they said everything looks good on their end.

I then connected my old AC68U and no issues with that, so I am still not 100% sure if it is router issue, may be some kind of handshake was failing between modem and router. GT-AX11000 was on latest Beta firmware and AX86U was having issues with both official and Merlin Beta4.

I cancelled Optimum cable connection last night and waiting for Fiber install scheduled for Tuesday.

I think its Optimum. Optimum has become the absolute worst cable company now that Alice took them over. Bunch of clowns.

I think its Optimum. Optimum has become the absolute worst cable company now that Alice took them over. Bunch of clowns.
It would seem the common link between us is Optimum and gig speed, but the 3 of us is hardly a big enough sample size. I never had this issue on my old AC68U (like the other poster), but that router was connected to an old Surfboard modem. I was also only on a 200M plan when using the 68U.

Does anyone know which modem with work with GIG Optimum (COAX not Fiber?) I am paying $15/month for this garbage. I also need to keep my land line which is coming off my modem.

Does anyone know which modem with work with GIG Optimum (COAX not Fiber?) I am paying $15/month for this garbage. I also need to keep my land line which is coming off my modem.
I would call optimum and check if you get your own modem just from internet and use their modem for voice, do you have still have to pay modem rental? If no rental is needed for using theirs for voice, I will go with 1Gig modem like CM1000 or CM1100 and save some cost on your purchase.

When Optimum was owned by the Dolan family it was a respectable company. When you would call them, you would talk to highly trained technicians and engineers. Today when you call, its just a call center somewhere in a third world country. They only training they have is how to upgrade your service. Its real sad.

hey guys, i had posted this problem elsewhere and got no great response and on a google search it popped up here also..
did anyone ever get this resolved ?
Im using a standard BT Openreach modem (firmware hacked for stats) along with my AX11000. After upgrading to the latest Beta firmware, it has been doing same thing as OP. Red light on and off , and shows connected / disconnected in the web interface GUI. Asus said to do a full reset and set it up again from scratch.....?
eh..no! it too me days to set it up the way i want it, and have tons of things setup which would take days to setup again. I didnt buy this router to have to waste days after each firmware..... again its a cosmetic issue and it doesnt actually disconnect, but its really annoying my OCD! lol!!

if anyone has a fix, please post . thank you

I dont have an AX11000 but do have Optimum.. Some thoughts..

Does the red light perhaps correspond to the DHCP IP renewal (seen in a new wan for the router or the modem status logs)? I dont have the problem but noticed my IP gets renewed quite often.

Perhaps put a switch (temporarily) between the modem and and router and observe the link lights..
if they are correct then it sounds like a firmware issue to me.

I dont have an AX11000 but do have Optimum.. Some thoughts..

Does the red light perhaps correspond to the DHCP IP renewal (seen in a new wan for the router or the modem status logs)? I dont have the problem but noticed my IP gets renewed quite often.

Perhaps put a switch (temporarily) between the modem and and router and observe the link lights..
if they are correct then it sounds like a firmware issue to me.

ive checked the BT Openreach modem and its been on and stable for over 100 days (rock solid connection).
ill try a switch in between to see what happens. thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!