What's new

ax86u Full down/up speed in router speed test, slow upload on PC wired AND wireless

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

noeffix

Occasional Visitor
Hi!

Im running Merlin Beta 3 on ax86u!

Its running great, I did a full factory reset after updating firmware. Then a full reset.

When I go in the router menu, on QoS menu and run speedtest I get 120/30. Max speed for my connection.

When I run speedtest.net, google speed test, from multiple computers, wired and wireless its 120/6.

I seen a lot of post and ppl are making them change wifi channels, ai protection etc. BUT
Its also slow on wired. So wifi settings are NOT the problem.

There is a bunch of post about this, but none with an answer that I found!

Thanks!

RMerlin 386.1 Beta 5 (or later) is highly suggested today. :)

No sense fixing it on an abandoned build if it's been fixed already.

I didn't notice anyone's shirt being broken by Beta 4, but where are you waiting for 'reviews'? You are following the thread that shows how many, including myself, are using it for a couple of days now with no issues.

that was meant to be "sh*t' ;) slow wifi issues on beta 4 were everywhere on this forum! glad beta 5 is going well.

So under official 1.0 version, now instead of doing 120/6 vs the line at 120/30 (router speedtest agrees) I am doing 35/6.

that was beta 5 numbers.

in release 1.0
Im doing 120/6 again. But the router detects 120/30 which is my line speed.

I tried with QoS, without. With ai protect, without. With a different port, with the 2.5 port.

(On a side note, are the 4 1gbps on same circuit like a hub, and 2.5gpbs on another? meaning, if my Server and my client are connected both on 1gbps, is it gonna be more stable than 1gbps/2.5gbps lan)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!