What's new

AX88U AsusWrt-Merlin 384.19 default nvram requires JFFS re-format

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dredekop

New Around Here
I've noticed that on my AX88U with AsusWrt-Merlin 384.19 (latest release), the JFFS partition needs a *reformat* after a 30-30-30.

Is that a simple default NVRAM setting that may need a tweak?

This screenshot shows what I get on first login, and the only way I can make it usable is to first format jffs on next reboot, and then reboot.

Thanks to Merlin for all the awesome work!

Attachments

• jffs.png
    jffs.png
    429.8 KB · Views: 474
30-30-30 Does nothing on Asus routers. Next time don't waste your time. It's the same for my AX58U after flash JFFS always says unmounted.

Its after any sort of reset on the latest merlin stable build. Just hit format JFFS and reboot after a reset and that error goes away.

30-30-30 Does nothing on Asus routers. Next time don't waste your time. It's the same for my AX58U after flash JFFS always says unmounted.
You're right, 30-30-30 does not work on stock firmware. Then the ASUS reset process must be used.
However, 30-30-30 works just like it always has, once Merlin firmware is installed.

No, it doesn't work with RMerlin installed either.