What's new

AX88U How to remove guest wifi settings>

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

oOMrYairOo

Regular Contributor
Hello, I have ax88u whit the latest stable merlin firmware, I have a guest wifi network but let's say I wanna remove all the settings for this guest network
under guest network in the UI all I have is to disable but not to remove or reset to defaults

ideas?

The easiest way is to just leave it alone and overwrite the old configuration with the new one next time you need to use it.

If you just want the next time you use it, click to enable it not directly, but like a brand new one (enabled after configuration), you need to disable it in the GUI, then enter the following command in SSH:

Code:
nvram unset wl0.1_mbss
nvram commit
wl0.1 is the first guest network at 2.4GHz and wl0.2 is the second at 2.4GHz. wl1.1 is the first for 5GHz, and so on...

For removing password and SSID:
Code:
nvram unset wl0.1_ssid
nvram unset wl0.1_wpa_psk
nvram commit
If you want to remove all configuration and return the configured guest network to default settings, you may need to do more work.

However, my personal recommendation is to do a factory reset, it's easier.

Last edited:
The easiest way is to just leave it alone and overwrite the old configuration with the new one next time you need to use it.

If you just want the next time you use it, click to enable it not directly, but like a brand new one (enabled after configuration), you need to disable it in the GUI, then enter the following command in SSH:

Code:
nvram unset  wl0.1_mbss
nvram commit
wl0.1 is the first guest network at 2.4GHz and wl0.2 is the second at 2.4GHz. wl1.1 is the first for 5GHz, and so on...

For removing password and SSID:
Code:
nvram unset wl0.1_ssid
nvram unset wl0.1_wpa_psk
nvram commit
If you want to remove all configuration and return the configured guest network to default settings, you may need to do more work.

However, my personal recommendation is to do a factory reset, it's easier.

Yea the easy way is to factory reset but the setup all over again is a pain in the **s, must be a way from ssh to delete all settings for the guest network, i will try now and see.

Yea the easy way is to factory reset but the setup all over again is a pain in the **s, must be a way from ssh to delete all settings for the guest network, i will try now and see.
Do such a comparison and then figure out the difference from the unconfigured guest network variables, and restore

Code:
nvram show | grep wl0.1

Code:
nvram show | grep wl0.2

Next time, you can back up your router configuration before making any changes, so you can go back to the previous state.