What's new

AX92U Cant connect at 2.4Gbit!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There are no extra channels. If your region and immediate area prevent you from using them, all routers must adhere to those limitations.

All I can tell you is that an RT-AX88U and an RT-AX86U allow me to use 160MHz channel widths if I want.

What is your region? And from post 15, it seems like you are near a military base and/or an airport too?

Your other (not really a) choice may be to move to a more isolated area if you want to have the fastest connections (even if the transfer rates are not equally as high) as possible.

The router as a router, lets me use 160MHz, but after a few minutes it drops back to 80MHz because it detects the radar.

When I change a setting and the WiFi resets, it uses 160MHz, after it scans, it reverts back to 80MHz.

Wireless log:

Channel 120 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive, Temporarily Out of Service for 22 minutes

I did not think about the airport, but I do live in fact near an airport (2.7km / 1.7mi). Its a very small airport (both civilian and military) but its still an airport :p

So, no 160MHz for me :( Bleh!

You could go ask them nicely to turn off (or turn 'down') their 5GHz equipment for you. :)

I want one too!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!