What's new

AX92U mesh with AX92u and AX58u meshnodes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

UKTIVO

Occasional Visitor
Is there anyway I can ensure a client (particular mac) always joins the same mesh/node?

I have Nest cameras around my home and they seem to be jumping all over the place with their connections. Mostly they seem to prefer a node with a much lower signal strength. For example. I have the AX92u as a node upstairs. The connection quality is listed as great to the AX92u router and the nest camera is less than 15 foot away from the node. But it keeps on insisting to connect to the downstairs rear house node, well over 60 foot plus away with very poor signal strength.. thus causing the camera to drop out.

I've even gone into wifi settings and roaming block (when this camera has actually joined the correct node) and picked the camera and applied it to stop it roaming. Even that didn't work, it keeps moving to different nodes. Any ideas most welcome..

PS. I've updated to the AX92u's to the 41712 firmware and set up from fresh today and the AX58u to 41700.

What did you update from on those routers? When was the last full reset performed without using a saved backup config file?

What did you update from on those routers? When was the last full reset performed without using a saved backup config file?
Sorry, I can’t recall the previous firmware. I actually carried out the firmware upgrade that ASU’s removed from their site, so I had to downgrade that firmware first. I was still having drop outs so today I factory reset all the units and upgraded them to the latest fw. Factory reset again and set up from scratch.

Is there anyway I can ensure a client (particular mac) always joins the same mesh/node?

I have Nest cameras around my home and they seem to be jumping all over the place with their connections. Mostly they seem to prefer a node with a much lower signal strength. For example. I have the AX92u as a node upstairs. The connection quality is listed as great to the AX92u router and the nest camera is less than 15 foot away from the node. But it keeps on insisting to connect to the downstairs rear house node, well over 60 foot plus away with very poor signal strength.. thus causing the camera to drop out.

I've even gone into wifi settings and roaming block (when this camera has actually joined the correct node) and picked the camera and applied it to stop it roaming. Even that didn't work, it keeps moving to different nodes. Any ideas most welcome..

PS. I've updated to the AX92u's to the 41712 firmware and set up from fresh today and the AX58u to 41700.
Under the AI Mesh Node menu - go to the Client List on the right side of the screen. Select Wireless. Click the Bind icon of the client you wish to bind. You will be prompted to pick the Router/Node to bind the client.

Under the AI Mesh Node menu - go to the Client List on the right side of the screen. Select Wireless. Click the Bind icon of the client you wish to bind. You will be prompted to pick the Router/Node to bind the client.
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!