What's new

AX92U router + AX92U mesh node - wifi drops at least once every 1 or 2 days

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

izint

New Around Here
I have 2x AX92u currently on the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.386_41535 and am having issues with wifi randomly dropping and having to reboot the router (I reboot by going through the router page) and everything works fine again afterwards.
There are no issues with the wired connection, so sometimes I do not even know the wifi connection dropped.
This issue was happening on the prior firmware as well.

I did a reset today by holding the WPS button on both the router and node. I setup the router and mesh node again using mainly the default settings.

Changes made to default:
I have turned off WPS, WMM APSD, 802.11ax / Wi-Fi 6 mode. DHCP query frequency set to Normal.
I am cloning my desktops (wired) Mac Address, as that seems to be the only way for the internet to work with Xfinity, otherwise I will get that DHCP error.
I do have around 18 or so clients connected to the routers (Ring alarm/doorbell, cameras, phones, laptops, smart speakers)

I do see (few minutes before wifi drops) like around a 100 or more of the line below showing all the different mac addresses of my devices. Almost all devices are connected to the main router and not the node as well.
Jan 4 15:47:51 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(490): eth6: Deauth_ind _____________, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7), rssi:0

-----------------------------------
I just tried making these changes to see if this will help with the constant disconnects to see if it will make any difference.
I have SmartConnect on and manually set the Control Channel (it was Auto before), hopefully auto has been the issue but will see.
I don't recall this issue happening 2 firmware versions ago, so I am not sure if I should try to downgrade firmware instead and try that.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried to search up the error from the system log but can't seem to find how to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Alvin

Just FYI, the latest 386 release (1/25 Version 3.0.0.4.386.41712) still has same issue, so best to stay with 384 for now.

(yes w/ a ton of factory resets using the button, the menu after login, doing the reset back to back, etc)

Just FYI, the latest 386 release (1/25 Version 3.0.0.4.386.41712) still has same issue, so best to stay with 384 for now.

(yes w/ a ton of factory resets using the button, the menu after login, doing the reset back to back, etc)
Hey, thanks for the reply. I forgot to reply after resolving my issue, so far.

The disconnect issue for me was resolved once I turned off SmartConnect and split the 2g and 5g network. I haven't had a disconnect for around 2 weeks.

edit: this is with 3.0.0.4.386_41535

Last edited:

The disconnect issue for me was resolved once I turned off SmartConnect and split the 2g and 5g network. I haven't had a disconnect for around 2 weeks.

386_41535 is broken firmware which was withdrawn from Asus' site. You need to upgrade. It will allow you to use AIMesh without any disconnections / crashes.

Oh wow, best post ever. Switching to separate channels solved that disconnected at Internet bug for me. All 386 including 3.0.0.4.386.41712 that using now.

Attachments

• 2AC78D02-3670-41C8-90BD-A17230E768C7.jpeg
    2AC78D02-3670-41C8-90BD-A17230E768C7.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 147
Registered specifically to say thanks for the suggestion on turning off Smart Connect. I had this specific issue with Wi-Fi dying on my 2 AX92U routers that was plaguing me for months. I hope ASUS addresses this in future firmware, as I love the idea of Smart Connect with a single SSID that intelligently swaps you between 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!