What's new

AX92U - slow internet speedtest after upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386_41535-g1caa24a firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Please post back once you tried it. I got zero trust in their QA so I rather wait to hear back from someone who tried it.
There's no mention of the kernel / crashes being fixed. I guess that's an issue with the 386 codebase itself. I'll sit this one out.

Last edited:
From what I can tell by the revision notes, it seems they've only fixed the throughput issue, the rest of the fixes were already in the last firmware (which they pulled). At a guess it's probably just 41535 but with the QoS bug fixed. As 41535 is unstable (crashes), I'll sit this out for now.

I don't see the firmware on ASUS's website. From the notes, it does appear they fixed LetsEncrypt. That was broken in December 2020 when Let'sEncrypt did an upgrade. So if that is fixed, it should be an improvement. No need to self-sign certs.

I’m sorry but I can’t find it either would you mind posting a direct link to Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_41712
This version is not yet available from Asus web site. To get this firmware, you'd have to go to your AX92U's web UI, go to the firmware upgrade page and click on Check Update and do Firmware Upgrade from there.

I'd like to get some feedback from those who've upgraded to this new firmware. Has the slow internet speeds been fixed even w/ AI Protection, QoS, and/or Traffic Analyzer turned on?

This version is not yet available from Asus web site. To get this firmware, you'd have to go to your AX92U's web UI, go to the firmware upgrade page and click on Check Update and do Firmware Upgrade from there.

I'd like to get some feedback from those who've upgraded to this new firmware. Has the slow internet speeds been fixed even w/ AI Protection, QoS, and/or Traffic Analyzer turned on?

Thanks - I see it now. The question is who wants to be the guinea piggie?

Thanks - I see it now. The question is who wants to be the guinea piggie?
I'll try it out later today on my AP node...not brave enough to try on my main router ;) My AP node is on the broken 3.0.0.4.386_41535 firmware version, but it's stable...I'm guessing because it's just on AP mode. That 41535 firmware causes havoc if used in my main router as explained in OP.

I'm at a loss here. If I had the RT-AX92U with all the reported issues, I'd be jumping at the chance to test the latest firmware on my main router. :D

I'd rather know it worked (or didn't) for my network rather than it working for someone else and possibly still buggy for me.

I'm at a loss here. If I had the RT-AX92U with all the reported issues, I'd be jumping at the chance to test the latest firmware on my main router. :D

I'd rather know it worked (or didn't) for my network rather than it working for someone else and possibly still buggy for me.
Those of us who upgraded our main router to the 41535 broken firmware couldn't live with the broken firmware...so we downgraded. I downgraded mine to 40451. It's been stable for me. Some have downgraded to 9177. For those who've downgraded, we've had to completely do a factory reset and setup everything again from scratch. It's disruptive for users (wife & kids) and time consuming for admins (me). So a lot of us are cautious now to upgrade fearing that Asus may not have fixed the slow internet speeds.

Based on what others have shared in this thread, there appears to be a trend. If you're using AI Protection, QoS, and/or Traffic Analyzer...skip 41535 on your main router. If any brave soul shares that 41792 works while these features are turned on either on AiMesh and AP mode, then that firmware should work for the majority or all users. It will save a lot of us from futile exercise. LOL.

Last edited:
Fearing failure is failure itself. :)

This isn't 'doing the same thing' though. If you kept repeating with the same firmware, yes. :)

It is repeating if you see others already trying and seeing their results...such as what others have already done with the failed firmware.

No, with this newly available firmware, everyone is asking if anyone else has tried it first. Not the same thing by far.

If I had this model and even if I read someone else had issues with this latest available firmware with so many stated fixes, I would still test it myself to see if it fixed anything on my network. ;)

I am using the beta build 9.0.0.4.386_41535 so this new release is not showing up in the web UI for me, guess I will have to wait for it to show up on ASUS web site.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!