What's new

Basic help needed - Cisco WAP571 not giving enough bandwidth

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phillondon

New Around Here
Hi, I have two 571's currently running in my house.
I have a 1 gbps connection running into a supplied router (from provider).
The router is connected to a 24 port POE+ switch and then the WAPs are connected to this switch via CAT7.
Coverage is fine, BUT, I cannot get any more than 280mbps up/down from either WAP.
I've followed pretty much every cisco guide I can find, but nothing has helped so far.

Is there anything that I should be doing to increase the maximum bandwidth given by the WAPs?

Thanks

I'd start by checking the information shown on the client device. What is its established WiFi link rate? What band is it connecting to, 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

I've created 2 SSID's, one for 2.4GHz and one for 5GHz; all the tests I am running are done next to one of the WAP's on 5GHz using either an iPhone 8 / MacBook pro / Home built PC.
In regards to the established WiFi link rate; is this something I check on the client device or the WAP? I have checked the WAP and can see it recognises 1000mb

Thanks

Sorry I don't use Apple devices or a Cisco AP. In Windows you can easily see the connection "speed" of the WiFi adapter. And on Asus routers there is a "Wireless Log" page where you can also see the connection rate for each client.
I have checked the WAP and can see it recognises 1000mb
I assume you're talking about the gigabit Ethernet connection from the WAP to the switch?

Have you confirmed that you get more than 280Mbps from a wired connection to the same switch?

Yes, I have my PC wired into the same switch and that gets 1gbps; however something I haven't done is to connect a device to the same ethernet cables that the WAPs are connected to and made sure I am getting 1gbps from there.

link rate is not the same as bit rate. The reported 1 gbs sounds like a link rate, not bit rate (connection throughput ).
Maybe iperf or similar can test for you ?

I can also see that this shares 190w over 24 ports and the cisco uses 18w. That being said I only have about 6 devices connected to the switch, and the only two which requires POE are the WAPs

Well check under the wireless setting under 5GHz radio to make sure you are on a 80MHz setting for 5GHz.

I can also see that this shares 190w over 24 ports and the cisco uses 18w. That being said I only have about 6 devices connected to the switch, and the only two which requires POE are the WAPs

Cisco
POE is 15.4 watts per port
POE+ is 30 watts per port
UPOE+ is 60 watts per port

Last edited:
Hi sir
How are you
My name is ali
From saudi arabiya
Sir
I have wap571e
My speed from provide 500 Mbps

My switch full gig and poe
My cable cat6a

My mobile iphone 11

Connect to 5g by wap571e

Max rate speed 100mbps

Can you help me to slove the problem

Thank you

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!