What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 Beta 1 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

are you using IPTV from asus router(udpxy)? is working at you?
Yes, it works, both igmp proxy and udp proxy

No idea, this isn't in my areas of expertise. DHCP is entirely handled by dnsmasq, and I've looked at that code.
Hmm, okay, that's so odd, will continue to use static dhcp enrty for this console to make dnsmasq-dhcp not assign this address to any other device, and configure same static ip on it.

Last edited:
do you have a decoder box for iptv?If so i use movistar this way through the ac88u.
It works fine.
no, i watch IPTV without box....i watch over udpxy with UDP playlist....with 380.57 firmware works very good.....

Is the DNS response issue fix from 3.0.0.4.378.9529 included in this release?

Is the DNS response issue fix from 3.0.0.4.378.9529 included in this release?

I don't know. What is the actual issue?

I don't know. What is the actual issue?
I'm not sure what has been the fix, but I have noticed that I sometimes have to click twice on links or wait (too long) to get to the referenced page.
I was hoping this was a some bug being straightened out that resolves this behaviour.

- Fixed DNS response error issue. (from Asus changelog)

I feel stupid but can't find link to 380.58 Beta 1 for AC87U
Can some one hook me up please ?
Thanks

I'm not sure what has been the fix, but I have noticed that I sometimes have to click twice on links or wait (too long) to get to the referenced page.
I was hoping this was a some bug being straightened out that resolves this behaviour.

- Fixed DNS response error issue. (from Asus changelog)

That changelog entry is so vague, I don't have the faintest idea what they were referring to.

I'm guilty myself so I'm not judging, but think of the millions of router owners that never look at the logs. I myself got off looking at the logs unless I have a major problem to troubleshoot. It just creates the perception many times that there is a problem that does not even exist when everything is running just fine.

Yes, I can understand that but after some additional testing, as far as I can tell, the feature doesn't work. WTFd just continually resets. What is also weird is this problem wasn't present in Alpha 2. I guess it's not a big deal because wtfast isn't super useful, but I did want to try it out.

Just installed on RT-AC68U. I still can not reach my VDSL modem at 192.168.1.1 with the router at 10.0.0.1.
What should I do to fix this? Should I change something to JFFS partition? Right now it is disabled as per factory default reset when I upgraded to the 57 version.
Thanks
Your modem and router need to be in the same subnet. E.g. modem IP address: 192.168.1.1, router IP address: 192.168.2.1

That should be 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2, not 192.168.2.1 which is also in a different /24 subnet than 192.168.1.1

no, i watch IPTV without box....i watch over udpxy with UDP playlist....with 380.57 firmware works very good.....
Nothing changed for me, except some default launch options.
New udpxy daemon starts with
Code:
/usr/sbin/udpxy -m eth0 -p 4022 -B 65536 -c 10 -a br
(AC66U)
when the old one started with
Code:
/usr/sbin/udpxy -m eth0 -p 4022 -a br0

Check IP and port set in your iptv player, also make sure that the page http://192.168.1.1:4022/status will open in your browser (change default address and port to yours)

RT-N66R upgrade from alpha 3 with no issues so far today. Did not do a factory reset from the alpha 3.

You need to manually configure an interface, this won't work out-of-the-box. Check on the forums and the Wiki, there are guides on how to accomplish that.

This isn't a bug, this is normal. Modem and routers are in different subnets, so they won't talk to one another.

Thank you! I followed this guide and now I can reach my modem.
Anyway, I have never done this before, but it just worked... How can this be? What else did I do that enabled this?
Thanks again!

Nothing changed for me, except some default launch options.
New udpxy daemon starts with
Code:
/usr/sbin/udpxy -m eth0 -p 4022 -B 65536 -c 10 -a br
(AC66U)
when the old one started with
Code:
/usr/sbin/udpxy -m eth0 -p 4022 -a br0

Check IP and port set in your iptv player, also make sure that the page http://192.168.1.1:4022/status will open in your browser (change default address and port to yours)
i don't know why do not get picture from player....i got udpxy status page in browser but without picture if i put stream link in player....

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

Hey guys, i'm not really that technically inclined, but i had been using 380.57 on an N66 mostly flawlessly. Flashed to the beta and it worked fine at first, but then after an hour or so everything DNS based failed and my log was spammed with entries about an error 240 or something with dnsmasq. Is this a bug? or is there some new setting i need to do something with. I reverted to 380.57 but i can flash the beta again to try and get the exact text if needed for the error

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!