What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 Beta 1 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i don't know why do not get picture from player....i got udpxy status page in browser but without picture if i put stream link in player....

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton
I see two possible cases:
1. Your firewall is blocking your iptv player for some reason, try on another device
2. There are no igmp queries from your router so udpxy starts but can't be a member of some multicast group

I think you should contact your ISP support and they will look do any IGMP queries from your router go to their side.

Installed Beta1 over Alpha3 (which was rock solid for me) on my RT-AC88U last night, then rebooted the router (no reset to defaults) and now my System Log was completely filled with hundreds of repeating lines like this block:

Mar 16 21:03:51 kernel: net_ratelimit: 528 callbacks suppressed
Mar 16 21:03:51 kernel: TCP: time wait bucket table overflow
Mar 16 21:03:52 kernel: TCP: time wait bucket table overflow

I copied the log into Word to get a line count, and it was nearly 6000 repeating lines like the above. Nothing else. Then, just before 10:00pm, they stopped and the log is clear after that.

The only change I made after installing Beta1 and rebooting the router was to suppress the "Networkmap: hourly full network rescans" by changing it from Yes to No.

FWIW, I rebooted the router again this morning, and these entries didn't re-occur in the System Log. Not sure what caused them initially, but it doesn't seem to be an ongoing problem.

My default browser on my Windows 10 computer is Firefox, but I always use Chrome when logging into my routers. A new behavior I have noticed, is that after rebooting the router through the web interface (in Chrome), the web interface also opens in a new tab/window in Firefox with this error:

You failed to access to the web page that you want to view.
RT-AC88U
Reason for failed connection
Unable to connect to the Internet. Please double-check your account data with your ISP or contact ASUS Support Hotline for technical inquiries and support.
We suggest you
  • Please contact your ISP(Internet Service Provider) to find out the root cause of DHCP failure.
  • If a problem still persists, manually change the connection settings.
While back in Chrome, it is sitting at the expected Sign In page - no errors. So, why is this tab/window opening in Firefox at all? I just close it every time and go back to Chrome to log back into the router, but the behavior is a bit odd and unnecessary. Can the opening of that second window/tab be suppressed?

I see two possible cases:
1. Your firewall is blocking your iptv player for some reason, try on another device
2. There are no igmp queries from your router so udpxy starts but can't be a member of some multicast group

I think you should contact your ISP support and they will look do any IGMP queries from your router go to their side.
but why is all ok with 380.57 firmware?

FWIW, I rebooted the router again this morning, and these entries didn't re-occur in the System Log. Not sure what caused them initially, but it doesn't seem to be an ongoing problem.

This is usually caused by a client flooding the router with connection attempts.

My default browser on my Windows 10 computer is Firefox, but I always use Chrome when logging into my routers. A new behavior I have noticed, is that after rebooting the router through the web interface (in Chrome), the web interface also opens in a new tab/window in Firefox with this error:

You failed to access to the web page that you want to view.
RT-AC88U
Reason for failed connection
Unable to connect to the Internet. Please double-check your account data with your ISP or contact ASUS Support Hotline for technical inquiries and support.
We suggest you
  • Please contact your ISP(Internet Service Provider) to find out the root cause of DHCP failure.
  • If a problem still persists, manually change the connection settings.
While back in Chrome, it is sitting at the expected Sign In page - no errors. So, why is this tab/window opening in Firefox at all? I just close it every time and go back to Chrome to log back into the router, but the behavior is a bit odd and unnecessary. Can the opening of that second window/tab be suppressed?

It means something on your computer tried to access the web before the Internet came back online, and you have Web Redirection enabled on your router, so it causes your browser to load up that error page. My guess is this is a Firefox extension trying to connect immediately to the web. This is perfectly normal.

It means something on your computer tried to access the web before the Internet came back online, and you have Web Redirection enabled on your router, so it causes your browser to load up that error page. My guess is this is a Firefox extension trying to connect immediately to the web. This is perfectly normal.

When you say I have Web Redirection enabled, do you mean "Enable WAN down browser redirect notice" on the Administration > System page under "Web interface"? Thanks.

Hello,

I just installed 380.58-beta 1 on my RT-AC5300. Functionality looks great so far.

I see some new messages in the logs about promiscuous mode that I have not seen in previous versions (confirmed after lengthy log review). In particular, there are two messages:
  • <date/time> kernel: device br0 entered promiscuous mode
  • <date/time> kernel: device br0 left promiscuous mode
These messages seem to pop up about every 9 minutes. Not sure what to make of these. I know what promiscuous mode is but I don't know why it would be needed.

Brian

Last edited:
i think every newest firmware from asus is worse....with latest i realy don't have luck....i have to wait another release if be better for me....380.57 is very good but now i have outdated openssl library and openvpn.....

When you say I have Web Redirection enabled, do you mean "Enable WAN down browser redirect notice" on the Administration > System page under "Web interface"? Thanks.

That's correct.

Can you be more precise? What is the exact error message?
Sorry, i'll reinstall the firmware in a bit to get the exact message for you.
*edit* so far it hasn't happened again. it did twice last night, but i'll make sure to get the message if it does for you

Last edited:
My AC5300 seems to not log all connected devices in the Traffic Analyzer - Statistic section, it is just logging all connected (as one), not sure if this is designed (still being built) or broken. Seems to only log at 2GB per day, no apps.

25772176452_fda45fca7b_o.png

Where before I could select the connected device and see the app it was using, for instance:

25264543343_dbef17ca32_o.png

Everything else seems fine, running some scripts, up time 19 hours.

Last edited:
Awesome firmware, my RT-AC56U is working fine, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I have to ask, what does the Bundle of CA Root Certificates does, I thought it would make go away the warning of accessing an unsecured server on the web browsers but it doesn't.

Hello , thanks for the release. The setting for deactivating hourly scans will help me a lot.

May I submit a feature request?
Currently there is single switch to activate or deactivate port forwarding in general. I believe it would be very useful if in addition to this it would be possible to have additional checkboxes that would control the status of each individual port forwarding setting.

Awesome firmware, my RT-AC56U is working fine, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I have to ask, what does the Bundle of CA Root Certificates does, I thought it would make go away the warning of accessing an unsecured server on the web browsers but it doesn't.

It's used by wget and curl when you try to access an HTTPS resource from a shell script.

My AC5300 seems to not log all connected devices in the Traffic Analyzer - Statistic section, it is just logging all connected (as one), not sure if this is designed (still being built) or broken. Seems to only log at 2GB per day, no apps.Everything else seems fine, running some scripts, up time 19 hours.

Make sure you also enable Apps Analysis under Adaptive QoS. I suspect the two are tied together.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!